1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hi recently bought a revenge from mars.
    Everything has been working perfect until now. It will randomly reset. At one point I did get a "checksum rom image error” on startup.
    For whatever reason, when I slid the computer out hanging i was able to play for a while with no problem. All of the cables plugged in to the computer don't seem under any stress when doing this. Now whenever I try to slide the computer back in, the game will reset. It seems like something is loose or maybe a bad connection somewhere. Also to mention at one point everything BUT the monitor was working. I'm very new to this and don't know much about diagnosing this kind of problem so any help is seriously appreciated! Thanks for your time

#revenge-from-mars

#2 1 year ago

Could be a cooling issue? When the computer is slid out with the panels off it can breath better?

#4 1 year ago

Turn off the machine. Open the computer and reseat the prism card.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Could be a cooling issue? When the computer is slid out with the panels off it can breath better?

Hi, I was thinking the same thing, but I was able to get the computer back in with the cover on and haven’t had a problem. I just need to be careful not to shake the machine to harder it might shut down. Definitely seems like a loose connection. Even when very carefully sliding the computer back in with the computer on will usually cause the computer to restart or just shut off entirely. The PSU fan, cpu fan, and the fluorescent bulb will stay on. Turning the machine off and on will get the computer to boot up again.

Quoted from wellarmed:

Turn off the machine. Open the computer and reseat the prism card.

Thanks, I will try that, is that something that I need experience with? Or is it as straightforward at it seems? I believe it’s held in place by a small bracket with one screw, and then I should be able to lift it and reseat? Thanks

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nickz4860:

Thanks, I will try that, is that something that I need experience with? Or is it as straightforward at it seems? I believe it’s held in place by a small bracket with one screw, and then I should be able to lift it and reseat? Thanks

Yup, that's about it.

Also, if you want to clean the finger/edge contacts on the card, just use a pink rubber eraser.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.