Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by sniffsnerk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm considering purchasing a revenge from mars for $3000. Based on my analysis of audit report and condition I believe the machine has approximately 2800 plays on it. The owner isn't a pinball enthusiast and believes that his mom purchased huo approximately 15 years ago. Audit report and back of the pinball tell me it's been lightly routed for a short period of time. Game has about 400 games played on it since they purchased it 15 years ago. Game is in great shape, a couple switch errors that don't seem to be affecting game play and 33 bulbs out. Cabinet and playfield is 8.5 to 9 imo. I have a star trek le huo and my analysis is compared to that. Led kits on this machine run about $150. The game has no mods and still running prism and tube tv. Is $3000 fair in your opinion? I'm located in Minneapolis.

#2 2 years ago

fair price considering amount of games played on it. 33 bulbs out has me a bit concerned that you are looking at a driver board issue though.

#3 2 years ago

The audit report says 33 bulbs out. If the driver board needs attention how do you think this affects the value?

#4 2 years ago

$2500 sounds better. You have to do work to it.

#5 2 years ago

It just seems a bit unusual that there would be 33 bulbs out. Even with neglect i cant imagine 33 bulbs being out a once (say even over 15 years). Id bring a few bulbs and pop them in just to see if that number goes down. If it doesnt, then id suspect a board issue and few people even work on those anymore. I wanna say boryguard still does it (?) but dont quote me on that.

After some thought, i think "mario_1_up" might be right on the number, cause it most likely needs at minimum a full shop job and the PC probably needs some TLC as well (bad caps).

#6 2 years ago

The way prices are run to this person with the cash in hand lol

#7 2 years ago

If someone put some LEDs in there already, they will show as out in the audit report. The game thinks they are out since they draw so little current.
You can buy all the LEDs you would need for way less than a $150 kit if you decide to LED it. Buying a kit pretty much insures that you pay top dollar.
Up to you, but the price does not sound that bad to me.

#8 2 years ago

#9 2 years ago

lol, right. If you can get it for 2300, then, like the guy said above, go running back to the house with cash now.

#10 2 years ago

sold my rfm about a year ago for $2800. it was in nearly perfect condition but it sold in a few days.

for $3k, it needs to be pretty darn nice. I think $2700 would be a fair price for buyer and seller.

#11 2 years ago

I agree. Considering the risk and that I need to shop it out $2800 sounds fair to me. I doubt I would be able to sell it above $3000 later down the road after the work and money I put into it. Thanks guys!

#12 2 years ago

I just sold mine a week ago. It was in very good shape and had an LCD monitor. My asking price was $2,800 and I had a line of people for it.

#13 2 years ago

Most likely offer 2500.00. Not quite low-balling. One of my favorite games it's easy to work on. Have to do some upgrades to the cpu fan. This game looks awesome with LEDs. Personally I would pay up to 2700 for that one. As long as it doesn't have any raised inserts or playfield wear and cabinet is in great shape.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

lol, right. If you can get it for 2300, then, like the guy said above, go running back to the house with cash now.

sold two last year. one for 2300 freshly shopped. the other with lcd for 2500 . That is what they were worth. The were priced to sell, not priced to sit

#15 2 years ago

I just sold one that was pretty nice for 2500.00. Owned it for past 8 plus years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Riverside, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Granger, WASHINGTON STATE
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Hillsboro, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 50.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside