(Topic ID: 234673)

Revenge From Mars Power Board Issue -Help Pls!

By mazzaneo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3221 (resized).jpg
IMG_3224 (resized).jpg
IMG_3220 (resized).jpg
IMG_3219 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from mazzaneo:

I should also mention that when I put it back together again after fixing the power supply in the computer the game reverted to what I perceive as factory settings asking me to input region and pricing.
Additionally one of the many times I turned the machine on and off during this fault the 3 Martian inserts on either side of the play field were blinking but very slightly. Note: the machine has led’s.

So all I know is to ask the normal questions people do, did you test the fuses out of the machine, and do the leds change when you have the coin door closed. Sorry all I know is the basics for this one. I hate when I do something silly and make a good game fail, but always always find a solution.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from mazzaneo:

The led’s remain off when the coin door is closed too. Also, the health Led does not turn on at all.
I didn’t test the fuses out of the machine, does that make a difference ?

My opinion absolutely not never had one test good in a machine but bad outside of it, but your going to get the question its also a good way to make sure for the real person that can help that your testing using a meter not just eyes, or LED state, or your that exception that proves me wrong. These are small fuses if I recall so perhaps this will be the one thread that makes me a believer in testing out of the game.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from mazzaneo:

I tested all the fuses with a meter and they were good.

So a good chunk of those are coming off J102 if I recall correctly this game has a quick disconnect plug system in the back. Why don't you trace that plug all the way to the playfield unplug replug and see if behavior changes. I would also check the Driver Board but I suspect something came undone in the back when you were working on it.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from mazzaneo:

Seeing as the fuses are showing bad wouldn’t that suggest the problem would be from transformer to power driver board?

You have a great point, I just was trying to think what would interrupt power on that many shared inputs but my idea is not logical. My terrible idea is a free bump for better eyes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coz6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-power-board-issue-help-pls?tu=coz6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.