• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rfm_arrow_ms (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hi,

Cant figure this strange behaviour: usually, when you start a game, you are allowed to select 1 of the 6 mission and, in the lower part of the screen, there is a small arrow that point to the mission you want. Also the corrisponding light on the playfield bliks faster in order to let you know what mission you are selecting.

I'm investigating about a RFM that allow you to select left mission group or right mission group but no arrow (see attached image), no blinking single insert: you choose left or right, you hear only 1 "whoosh" moving full right to left and viceversa but you dont have 1 of the 6 mission select available.

I did factory reset: no changes
I did a computer swap using a nucore setup that works correctly on another RFM machine (same Sw rev. 1.6): same here...
I swapped the power control board under playfield: again....no changes...

All switches register correctly and I did few hand played games and everything is working, all lights (bulbs, no led), are correctely detected, same for solenoids, everything seems to work fine. (....and by the way, monitor vertical size is ok)

What can I say? Is this RFM cursed? Next step will be a PF swap or burn an old rom set but I'm starting to get mad even if this is not really important.

rfm_arrow_ms (resized).jpgrfm_arrow_ms (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Same result with a whole different computer? That is strange.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Same result with a whole different computer? That is strange.

Different computers and different setups; original with prismcard and homemade with nucore.....and no differences in behaviour.

#4 1 year ago

Dumb question: are the bulbs in the inserts burned out?

It's obviously not the switches, because you can change between the left and right mission groups. I can believe that the programming would detect a burned out bulb and disable the individual mission selection if it can't display the corresponding mission status on the playfield. Maybe.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Dumb question: are the bulbs in the inserts burned out?
It's obviously not the switches, because you can change between the left and right mission groups. I can believe that the programming would detect a burned out bulb and disable the individual mission selection if it can't display the corresponding mission status on the playfield. Maybe.

Bulbs are all fine and diagnostic gives no clues; in nucore PC, bulbs detection has been software disabled because its donor machine has leds (and there also is fine).

4 months later
#6 1 year ago

I'm experiencing this same issue @thelowest78, did you come to a resolution? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-partial-mission-select-at-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.