Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gexchange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Played RFM for the first time this week. I was wondering from a maintenace view point how hard is this machine to keep up?

#2 13 years ago

Easiest machine possible, the playfield pops right out..couldn't be easier. I am shopping one right now that I just bought.

#3 13 years ago

Yep. The Pinball 2000 machines are fantastically easy to work on. If you stick with regular incandescent bulbs, they will even tell you when one is burned out. I love my RFM. Great game!

1 year later
#4 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. The Pinball 2000 machines are fantastically easy to work on. If you stick with regular incandescent bulbs, they will even tell you when one is burned out. I love my RFM. Great game!

I know this thread is old but does it not tell you when led's arent lighting?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I know this thread is old but does it not tell you when led's arent lighting?

It will actually think that LED bulbs are bad all the time as they draw less voltage and will give an error for good bulbs.

#6 11 years ago

Biggest thing I have seen wrong on these is make sure you keep your fans clean and in good running order.. Also make sure you blow the computer out a couple times a year.

#7 11 years ago

If you keep your computer up and running, it is no more difficult than any other machine to service. I actually think that the stuff they made easier (like easily being able to pull out the playfield and whatnot) is offset by the large head and not being able to poke around in the top of the playfield without basically removing the entire thing.

Having said that, I'm going on the fourth year of owning mine, and it was even on route for a period in there, and it has had no issues so far.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

lso make sure you blow the computer out a couple times a year.

what does this mean?

#9 11 years ago

Dust spray it. Like any other computer keep it dust free.

Also changing CPU fans and power supplies is simple should they need to be replaced.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Dust spray it. Like any other computer keep it dust free.
Also changing CPU fans and power supplies is simple should they need to be replaced.

Yep, Or if you have an Air Compressor. That game is known for having heat issues if not maintained.. and it gets Expensive fast since most of the parts are No longer available (gotta buy a computer) if it get to hot to often.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

alexlevy said:Dust spray it. Like any other computer keep it dust free.
Yep, Or if you have an Air Compressor. That game is known for having heat issues if not maintained.. and it gets Expensive fast since most of the parts are No longer available (gotta buy a computer) if it get to hot to often.

Mine is on the way. I'll just install a liquid cool system in it. Ethylene Glycol. I have a few sitting around.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

That game is known for having heat issues if not maintained.. and it gets Expensive fast since most of the parts are No longer available (gotta buy a computer) if it get to hot to often.

Does the Nucore system have the same heat issues? Thanks,

Bill

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Gexchange said:That game is known for having heat issues if not maintained.. and it gets Expensive fast since most of the parts are No longer available (gotta buy a computer) if it get to hot to often.
Does the Nucore system have the same heat issues? Thaks,
Bill

More modern bits but still a pc at heart. Maybe with a solid state harddrive and a huge ass heat sync and fan it would be better?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Gexchange said:That game is known for having heat issues if not maintained.. and it gets Expensive fast since most of the parts are No longer available (gotta buy a computer) if it get to hot to often.

Does the Nucore system have the same heat issues? Thanks,
Bill

Honestly, I dunno. Never worked on a Nucore system

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-maintenance-experience and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.