(Topic ID: 243385)

Revenge From Mars is dark - New Question

By Grangeomatic

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

Thanks for the tips. So basically, if I’m doing a bunch of things (or anything), the only way to test it is to either get some extra hardware, or put it back into the machine? I can only check the BIOS and non-prism booting with my LCD monitor.
I don’t think it’s a RAM issue, because it’ll pass the RAM test, but I’ll reseat it anyway.
Will a dead prism battery keep it from booting?
Can anyone answer the questions about the Prism LED or if the BIOS boot pointer problem is a real possibility?
Thanks,
Jeff

The LED on the Prims card. Is only for the DCS portion. It has nothing to do with the core game. If you have an WPC-95 game. The red LED on the AV-Board is exactly the same.
The LED is either on or off during boot until the DCS is done testing itself. After the Bong the LED starts flashing in an 250ms frequency.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shelbyville, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-is-dark?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.