• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180806_174808123_LL (resized).jpg
IMG_20180806_174822506 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

After cutting my teeth on 1970s and 1980s era machines, my wife wanted to get a Revenge from Mars. Paid good money for it. Playfield is great. Got it delivered with the "head" off. I now see why TNT Amusements ships these units in one piece rather than two pieces.

After hoisting the head on to the body and being able to connect the entangled ground wires, I tried to fire up the machine and got very little to show for my efforts. It appears that I have power to the computer and the monitor, but not to the playfield. The monitor was all "squiggly", but after some investigation, I will pose another question as needed.

Two Initial Questions

It appears that I am missing an electrical connection, but tell me if I am all wrong here. The electrical diagrams for this game are less than desired. It appears that there is a 9 pin connector, a 25 pin connector which I have all put together. I also have one of the electrical connectors to the back of the "computer" for lack of a better term.

There is another electrical connection, however at the back side of the computer that is a female connection. I also look down inside the body of the box and see a plug in area for a male connector to what looks like transformer (right side of the cabinet 3/4 of the way back). Seeing pictures on the internet, I have seen pictures where only one of the electrical connections is used, and others where both of the electrical connections are used.

1) Is there a electrical cord that is supposed to go from the back side of the computer to the transformer?

2) Once I open the back box where the monitor is, I just have this electrical card sort of flapping there. Does this need to be attached to anything?

See pictures:

IMG_20180806_174808123_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180806_174808123_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180806_174822506 (resized).jpgIMG_20180806_174822506 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Bump...….Any thoughts from RFM people? Any help appreciated.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Patentlaw:

It appears that I am missing an electrical connection, but tell me if I am all wrong here.

You are not missing a cable. That metal box houses a computer. What you're seeing is the rear of the power supply. In the 90s and early 2000s, computer power supplies often came with two power connectors. Only one needs to be used.

Quoted from Patentlaw:

Once I open the back box where the monitor is, I just have this electrical card sort of flapping there. Does this need to be attached to anything?

Those are some of the adjustment knobs for the monitor. On my game, that is affixed to the monitor's metal cage so that it is easily accessible when the translite is removed.

#5 5 years ago

Many many thanks to the responders. I appreciate your efforts and time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

7,500 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-initial-electrical-connections and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.