5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8714 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Get a DMM on your power supply and check the voltages.

#5 5 years ago

Those measurements do not look suspicious. Check the parallel port cable from the transformer

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

sounds more like a PC issue then a power issue.
If I was you I'd just take the PC out and reseat everything, the prism, ram, reseat connections etc...
can't remember is there more then one ram slot in that motherboard?, maybe put it in the second slot if it has one.

Yes I agree. I was looking at those fuses thinking the power was lost with all those solenoid voltage LEDs off, but LED9 is on so the 50VDC is getting to the driver board. The solenoid voltage is switched on later during boot up via a relay for all those other lines out So as you suggested, reseating everything, especially the finicky Prism card is a start,

Is the fan running on top of the CPU? No bulging capacitors on the motherboard?

There is more than one ram slot on my motherboard, although I understand there was more than one version used. I once added ram to see if it would improve anything, but all it did was make the already long self test even longer.

#13 5 years ago

If the problem hasn't been specifically isolated to the motherboard by swapping the Prism or motherboard, then the Prism card could be suspect. While reseating the Prism card often solves issues with communication between the motherboard and the Prism, there's a lot of things that can become a problem on the Prism itself. The Prism sandwich has socketed ROMS that could have chip creep, for example. Mine had broken traces at the connector that had to be jumpered. It's a delicate thing, so be very careful if you need to pry the two halves apart to investigate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-hung-and-died?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.