• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RaoulJuke
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a RFM and after replacing the monitor and rebuilding the flipper mechs, ive got her purring. Having an issue however where half the PF lights are out., as well as the backbox light. The PF lights out are the leftside of the Mothership board, the top right side of the upper playfield. the 3 martian lights on the right side, 1 martian light on the leftside. A couple of others as well most likely.

I replaced a lot of the globes with LEDS and it made no difference.

When I do the on-screen test report, it keeps reporting the F112 is blown. I pulled the fuse out to test it and it tested fine. Replaced it anyway and no improvement and the test report keeps suggesting its blown. The test report is also reporting

F112 Fuse is blown (T5A)
DCS: checksum test failed (UPDATED FLASH)
Check lamp row 2B
Check lamp row 3B
Check lamp row 5B
Check lamp row 6B
Check lamp Column 3A
Check lamp Column 4A
Check lamp Row 1A
Check Lamp Column 8A
Check Lamp Row 2A
Check lamp Column 1B
Check lamp Column 2B
Check lamp Column 3B
Check lamp Column 4B
Check lamp Column 5B
Check Lamp Row 4A
Check Lamp Row 1B
17 lamp problems detected

This is my first Pinball 2000 machine, and my first "modern" style game, so very unfamiliar with this setup with so many lamp issues reported, not sure where to start?

The fact its saying that the fuse is blown, when its not - does that suggest its a board issue?

I removed J106 and it stopped some of the working lamps working, however it did nothing against the fuse being seen as blown issue

#2 3 years ago

LEDs will give you lamp errors as they do not give enough electrical resistance to tell the machine there is a bulb there. They will work and the game will play fine with them though.

Not sure about the fuse.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

LEDs will give you lamp errors as they do not give enough electrical resistance to tell the machine there is a bulb there. They will work and the game will play fine with them though.
Not sure about the fuse.

Bring this over to the RFM club...you'll get more assistance...

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Bring this over to the RFM club...you'll get more assistance...

Hi mate, will do.... how do I find that? is there a link?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Not sure about the fuse.

Thanks but I don't think that will be it as the globes actually don't work in the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 85.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-f112-fuse-blown-not-blown?hl=raouljuke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.