• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by julo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PINBALL_Repairing_Williams_Bally_Pinball_2000_Revenge_from_Mars.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpqrm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Been working on a nightmare of a disaster rfm that started with no computer. I managed to pick up a used computer along with 2 rom/prism sandwiches. After replacing fan and ps, I have managed to get computer to boot to bios ( with prism card removed) on the bench hooked up to a vga monitor. When I reboot with either prism card I get nada - no signal ( yes I do have a cga-via converter). I find it hard - not impossible - to believe I have 2 bad prism boards. Since I have not had a chance to see a working one in operation I am curious if I am missing something obvious? I have this outside game with no driver board or anything else connected - will this effect PCI boot?

Any suggestions appreciated

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I am starting to think that the problem is on the display side rather than the cpu or the prism. I will try to see if I have an cga arcade monitor around or will look at the conver

#5 8 years ago

Sorry - accidental send.....

Converter as I have a second one around.

One other question - does anyone have the slightest idea what the hell the led on the prism card indicates? I have one that is solid on and another card that starts solid then goes out and starts blinking rapidly. I have searched everywhere and can find nothing on what that light indicates.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks for the information. Knowing the second card was booting was a huge help as it let me focus on that board. Problem was with the monitor. Once I connected another one I had and got settings correct it showed that it was booting just fine. Appreciate the help - as well as the converter which I picked up from you a couple weeks back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dpqrm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-computer-problems?tu=dpqrm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.