Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hb1981
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Friday my Revenge from Mars arrived. It was in veru nice optical condition and technical it is ok except for the next (big) problem:

All three of the centertargets do not respond. The switches also give an error at the diagnostic test. I have no experience working on Pinball 2000 machines so i just checked the wires and the connectors under the playfield and they seem to be ok.

Is there some fuse that controls the power of that switches? I dont think all 4 switches could be broken at the same time?

any other suggestions?

thanks in advance!

#2 6 years ago

Forget fuse.

Same as any other Williams DMD era pinball machine. Find a wire common to all tfour and trace it around the game and find where is became disconnected and fix it. Use a meter to check continuity from switch to board if you don't see anything obvious.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

thanks for the advice! i will try it tomorrow, i think it should be a yellow / green wire that feeds all of them wich goes to the powerdriver board

#4 6 years ago

I checked the cables but they passed the continuity check. But i think i may have found the problem.
I should have made a picture to explain but will try to explain it:

there there are yellow wires that connect the targets and then there are the wires that connect from the power driver board. on all except one the yellow wire is soldered to the right and the other wire on the left. Is this wrongly attached by someone?

does anybody have a picture of the wiring of the center targets of the RFM in working state? It would really help me to check it. My soldering iron is coming back to me tomorrow i had loaned it to my uncle

#5 6 years ago

It's not left or right that would matter. It's diode vs no diode and banded side of diode or not. But this doesn't really explain the problem to me. Switches are in a matrix. You found the switch the each end if the wires connect to and that other switch works?

#6 6 years ago

I am sorry for my rather confusing explanation. I meant one of the wires is not on the diode side in opposite to the others. So all the yellows are on the "not diode side" except for the target on the right at that target the yellow one IS onthe diode side. When i look at the other targets on the right side the wires are all the same.

am i making any sense? lol

i have checked every wire from the switch to the board and they all are ok. So i guess that should be the problem? wrong side of the diode for that target? or am i wrong?

#7 6 years ago

I had similar problem but found that one of the targets was shorted so the switch would never show an open. I would check that the switches show an open when not depressed and then when depressed they show a close. I found this on my center rectangular target.

I hope that helps plus check as others have suggested the wire attachment to each switch since previous owner may have made repairs and connected incorrectly!!

#8 6 years ago

tonight i will get my solder iron back and will first try to reconnect the wires wich i think are causing the problem. If that doesnt work i will check all my center targets for open and close settings. Thanks for the advice!
i will keep you posted!

#9 6 years ago

Ok, i have re-soldered the wires, but it made no difference, i think one or 2 targets are broken or something since everything else is ok. Maybe i should just buy new targets en check if it's ok after the switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside