(Topic ID: 280905)

Revenge from Mars acting up all of a sudden. Any ideas?

By Turbo74

78 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 78 days ago by RandyV
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 78 days ago

So I went to play my RFM for the first time in a couple weeks and I have a few switch issues now. The left ramp scores and works fine until it starts a mode where it’s needed to progress the game. When that happens the right cellar hole doesn’t kick the ball out(not the open cellar hole on the right, the other one farther towards the back of the machine between it and the main ramp). Once it does it’s ball cycle it will kick the ball out and the game continues. What gives? The only thing I notice different is that when it boots it says everything is ok except some bad checksum in updater or something like that? It’s also reset the high scores as well. Thanks for any help, not sure where to turn?

#3 78 days ago

Was it throwing the checksum error before your issues started?

I believe the bad checksum message means the latest game code that was uploaded to the game is corrupted.

Given that, the game can't run the updated code and has defaulted to running the default version of code on the PRISM. On my game, the default code was really old and was just functional enough to allow the game to be updated. It's been years since I actually played with it.

I would reload the latest RFM game code and see if that fixes your problem. Upadating requires a null modem serial cable and a PC with the P2K updater app.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside