• Latest reply 4 years ago by Ricochet
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

receiver (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

So bought a Revenge from Mars today with 2 cut cables. I believe on is a VGA cable (though don’t know if more specific) and a computer like cable.

Also am missing head screws/bolts and trying to find out what I need to get

Thanks in advance

#2 4 years ago

There are two computer cables that come from the main cabinet and go up to the computer in the head.
- 25pin Parallel cable for the IO
- 9pin Serial cable for upgrading
There is an audio and power harness that connects from the main box to the head (there are two connectors on this harness).
The video cable is the 15 pin VGA connector on the computer and should connect directly to the monitor.

Head bolts/pivot bushings...
4ea. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4352-3
4ea. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4322-01228-12

... and you need 4 washers.

I'm still finishing up my restoration... you can check out that thread... lots of pictures over there.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks for the item numbers. Couple follow up questions. My machine is missing the lock bar and apparently the handle that controls it. Are there any other parts to that assembly?

Your pics are great.

#4 4 years ago

The lockdown bar can still be purchased new... you may be able to find one used around here.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22997

The lockdown receiver is a different animal. Pinball 2000 implemented a "service" access and full traditional access to the inside of the cabinet. Therefore the lockdown receiver is very different from its predecessors because of this feature.

The service access allows the user (with a key) to release the lockdown bar only, remove the glass and have access to the top of the playfield. When the service access is used the playfield is locked in place, this way the "service" person working on it they cannot get access to the coin box. The playfield locking mechanism when service entrance is used is accomplished by a spring loaded locking tab that is engaged when you close the coin door.

When you open the coin door, you have full access in the usual fashion. To get the lockdown bar off when you open the coin door it works in a traditional manner with a lever to release it... slide the glass off ... yada yada yada. When you unlock the door that locking tab will push the coin door open automatically... its kind of annoying.

So ... you may be able to find that lockdown receiver. You can buy bits and pieces of it new but I've not seen all the parts available. The one site in Australia has them... but you are talking some $$$

I've attached a pic (not mine... came from pinballspareparts.com) to show you what that piece looks like... its funky
receiver (resized).jpgreceiver (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.