IMG_1704 (resized).JPG
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_2519 (resized).PNG
1m23en (resized).jpg
IMG_1711 (resized).JPG
IMG_1710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

So take the great art of Python out of it? Bad move IMO. Python's classic comic book style was great, in fact, it was the only good thing have to say about BoP. The new art doesn't move me at all. It was a part of the pin that never needed any facelift.

#152 7 years ago

i;m a huge fan of The Machine: bride of pinbot. but this isn't that.

#153 7 years ago

There's just no way these are going to sell. BOP is an ok game made better by BOP 2.0, but that was for ~$4500 total with the original great art and toys. This stepford wife version of the game is a step down from BOP 2.0, but THREE times the price! Plus, we have no timetable for delivery (do we?) or idea of quality. It's a very bad decision on so many levels. Good luck Lebowski owners, you're gonna need it!

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

If the recent CEs and Super LEs have shown anything, then it's that there are plenty of wealthy buyers who don't care about the price tag if they can have that rare (dream theme for some) pin in their basement. You and I may not be part of their target audience, but it exists anyway.

I understand I'm not the target audience, but even the 1% know this is a bad deal. This isn't a dream theme; it's more like a nightmare!

#155 7 years ago

Quoted from Rarehero:
There is no market for this.
I disagree. BOP seems to have a huge following and 2.0 is pretty well made. I believe collectors will line up cash in hand to get one - even more so given the fact that they are super limited.
If it helps DP to stay in business, good for them (and the pinball scene).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No collector who is knowledgeable about the DP/ARA litigation will buy BOP until customers are made whole on TBL. The other problem, BOP is not very exciting with all of the newer titles that have come out. I own a nice BOP, but it is not in my top 20. DP's reputation may have been fatally tarnished by this disaster.

#156 7 years ago

I personally think the original did not need improvement, especially in the art department.

But I guess I see the madness and passion here none the less.

I also see that people are still interested in pinbot. Good for them! I think the pinbot concept is still drawing players, it goes to show that Python was something, in his original designs! I would love to see this team tackle something else. Good luck!

#157 7 years ago

So, for about the price of a new Alien Standard PLUS a new AFMr Standard, I can buy an SLE re-hash of a game like BOP, which was never any better than decent. I already owned BOP and, even the $2k BOP 2.0 upgrade option wasn't enticing enough to make it worth keeping. This idea has about as much merit as a Jar-Jar SLE SWEP1.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The artwork is flat out strange - can't put my finger on it other than it looks strangely amateurish.
This kind of episode is a classic sign we are in bubble territory.
Roll up, roll up, join the SE goldrush.

I always thought Bride of Pinbot was a generally unappealing pinball machine to look at in my opinion. I think this is a slight improvement...with emphasis on slight.

#159 7 years ago

By comparison, how many Hammer of the Godz partial-kits sell?

#160 7 years ago

Well, I've been a supporter of these guys from the beginning but this is BS! Listen up DP, this is no time for a second game. You shouldn't have let CT talk you guys into this. The optics on this is bad. I understand you want some time for ARA to cool down and reassess their demands but to come here and use this lull for a new game is just dumb PR.

#161 7 years ago

Well, at least this is taking the heat off of Houdini's SEGA-era artwork by being immensely more awful.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I understand you want some time for ARA to cool down and reassess their demands but to come here and use this lull for a new game is just dumb PR.

These guys are terrible at PR. I got out after the presentation where they talked trash about Stern. That's our job!

#163 7 years ago

Python is rolling over in his grave, this is blasphemy

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MG was 6 years ago. Different era.
Batman has nostalgia collectors.
Dialed In has Lawlor fans and "gotta have its"
There is no market for this.

Agreed.
Antonio could not fill 30 pre-orders for Quetzal Captain Nemo (and game was listed around $5,000; deposit was $250!);
Scott did not reach his objective of 100 pre-orders for Wrath of Olympus (listed at $8,000).
Heighway sold less than a 100 Full throttle (can't recall the initial price, around $6k ?)

All original themes. No collector factor.
All much cheaper than BOP 3.0.
Far better artwork for Nemo.
Very cool layouts for WOOLY and Full Throttle; great gameplay.

If anything, this offer makes BOP 2.0 more desirable (for less than half the price, initial game included + kit...).

#165 7 years ago

What Is this a joke, if you love this game buy a nice one for like 3k. If you want a good game from the era buy a WW. To poop on pythons art just rubs me the wrong way. Who is pushing for this? They did 2.0 and that was ok put serious who wants this? P.S. I'm Dutch

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

These guys are terrible at PR. I got out after the presentation where they talked trash about Stern. That's our job!

"That's our job!!" lol good one

#168 7 years ago
#169 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's bananas. But there are a smallish number of people (and a lot of Star Wars fans) willing to pay obscene prices.

For something they will actually receive. As in BM66SLE and the junk MG's that were boxed up and went out the door.

There are a "none ish" amount of people that are dumb enough to give this group $$ in hopes of getting a pin delivered some day.

Payment terms would have to be pin is sitting in my house before the remainder of funds are released to this crew.

#170 7 years ago

All I keep thinking is "these guys had it in the bag!". TBL was on such a pedestal at the shows we went to and it seemed like a sure bet. WTH? A couple years ago you'd never see this coming...

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Payment terms would have to be pin is sitting in my house

I think ARA is doing the pin sitting.

#172 7 years ago

Cash is king. I'm sure they want to get this sorted and move on. Do they have the capital to do it? That's the question.

#173 7 years ago

Politics and corporate insolvency aside...
The artwork strongly reminds me of state fair, $15.00 a pic caricatures.
...or perhaps I'm overly biased as I love my BOP 2.0.

#174 7 years ago

Not a big fan of distributors supporting this kind of scheme. They know that their customers money with DP is at risk ala SkitB/Jpop but are still happy and willing to take more money.

#175 7 years ago

Does anyone have the Youtube link to the prototype that was in the email? Curious to see it.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Iceman, people pay 10-12k all the time for HEPs and Kelly's stuff, this is a brand new game with all new rule set, sounds and animation. Also all kinds of upgrades: color dmd, ambient lighting, the armor...etc...etc. I'm not defending them I'm just putting things in perspective.

I think the difference is that the people who are paying those prices are doing so on machines that have already stand the test of time and were proven to be great classics and collector pieces. Anything brand new right now is an unknown entity until it's been in the field for a few years and proven itself. Well that's my opinion anyway.

#177 7 years ago

This ended up being the joke of the show. It went over like a lead balloon. Coming off the TBL disaster, this reeks of tone deaf leadership.

I wish it wasn't so terrible, but it is. With Houdini, Aerosmith, Dialed In, and Alien all showing well, I can't see them selling more than you can count on one hand.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This ended up being the joke of the show. It went over like a lead balloon. Coming off the TBL disaster, this reeks of tone deaf leadership.
I wish it wasn't so terrible, but it is. With Houdini, Aerosmith, Dialed In, and Alien all showing well, I can't see them selling more than you can count on one hand.

You're forgetting AFMr, which seems to be selling like hot cakes for some reason.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You're forgetting AFMr, which seems to be selling like hot cakes for some reason.

Perhaps because it's somewhat reasonably priced, like HALF this one.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

You beat me to it

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

And twice a good a game!

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And twice a good a game!

Regular BOP yes....BOP 2.0 no.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Regular BOP yes....BOP 2.0 no.

It's funny. For some reason this news makes me want to find a super nice original BOP, and just keep it unmolested.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It's funny. For some reason this news makes me want to find a super nice original BOP, and just keep it unmolested.

I've had BOP 2.0 in my BOP for a while now, and while I do enjoy it - this entire situation wants me to just sell my f'ing game...or at the very least, pull out the kit and just make the game original again. It makes me sick seeing the DP logo on it now.

#185 7 years ago

Meh...
I'm waiting on Bigg Laboski 2.0...

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

All I keep thinking is "these guys had it in the bag!". TBL was on such a pedestal at the shows we went to and it seemed like a sure bet. WTH? A couple years ago you'd never see this coming...

I was thinking the same thing, I was at Expo 2014 when they announced TBL, for the rest of the weekend it was like the crowd was carrying the DP guys around on their shoulders singing "We are the Champions"!! It was the same on the forum here, everyone seemed to be basically declaring DP to be the new face of the industry, and TBL the second coming. Meanwhile the vitriol towards JJP and The Hobbit was flying unabated. Now here we are 2.5 years later, DP is in shambles, Hobbit has been out for over a year, and JJP is showing and about ready to start shipping it's 3rd game. You could've gotten 10 to 1 odds or better it turning out this way in 2014!!

I really hope that everyone who has money down of TBL either gets a game or a least their money refunded, a good friend of mine is pretty much paid in full, but fortunately he can afford it if this thing goes sideways without a blink, I'm sure a lot of others cannot!

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I was at Expo 2014 when they announced TBL, for the rest of the weekend it was like the crowd was carrying the DP guys around on their shoulders singing "We are the Champions"!! It was the same on the forum here, everyone seemed to be basically declaring DP to be the new face of the industry, and TBL the second coming.

Yeah that was a crazy time. I can vividly recall watching the live stream of the TBL seminar, and Jared on camera saying something along the lines like "Oh my god, they just walked in like a boss", and then Phil makes his deceleration on stage that Stern was dead. The VIP party that people were plunking deposits on the game just to attend. That was something.

And now here we are.

#188 7 years ago

It appears the preorder money is gone, DP should have mentioned this six months or a year ago. Shirley (surely) they must have known their negative bank balance doomed the project for a long time now. Yet they chose to not say anything about it and kept the charade going. This action goes beyond lying and mismanagement and is likely fraudulent. Efforts to organize for lawsuits has begun.

One of the saddest parts to DP's recovery plan are the circumstances surrounding BOP3.0. They have a white wood built, unfortunately you can't play it because ARA has it, along with all the parts to build and support TBL. All that is missing is the money, where's the F@CKiNG Money Lebowski? Now you now know what many Early Achievers have suspected, it was spent on TBL girls and White Russians.

IMG_1092 (resized).PNGIMG_1092 (resized).PNG

#189 7 years ago

I can see how they might think this would sell. I have a Bride with a 2.0 in it and it's a great game. And in the 2.0 thread here, a number of people have been reskinning their Bride cabinets with updated 2.0 artwork, as well as updating the translites. But it stops there, those same collectors are keeping the great original playfield artwork, most are putting in the repro playfields Peter from Germany has been making. And a nice restored Bride with a 2.0 kit, repro playfield and new plastics isn't selling for more than 5K-6K. At double the cost, even if you might like this new art, and along with the DP TBL production problems, I don't see many people buying one, even for people that want a rare game and have lots of extra cash. But who knows, I don't quite understand the boutique limited edition market.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It appears the preorder money is gone, DP should have mentioned this six months or a year ago. Shirley (surely) they must have known their negative bank balance doomed the project for a long time now. Yet they chose to not say anything about it and kept the charade going. This action goes beyond lying and mismanagement and is likely fraudulent. Efforts to organize for lawsuits has begun.
One of the saddest parts to DP's recovery plan are the circumstances surrounding BOP3.0. They have a white wood built, unfortunately you can't play it because ARA has it, along with all the parts to build and support TBL. All that is missing is the money, where's the F@CKiNG Money Lebowski? Now you now know what many Early Achievers have suspected, it was spent on TBL girls and White Russians.

I hope you have real info on this and not yelling "Fire" in the theater on a hunch.

#191 7 years ago

There was some discussion on 3D versus 30 animations.

I can confirm I was wrong and that it said 3D and not 30 animations in the flyer.

#192 7 years ago

i have the same feeling as when i forced myself to watch the Robocop remake.

#193 7 years ago

This is fugly. 12.5K for a game layout no-one at Dutch had to design, using a ruleset that while it changes the game it doesn't change the limits of the playfield layout. If 4.5K is too much for a BOP 2.0 (figuring cost of a donor machine and the kit these days) then how is the same thing plus different art (which frankly is a dud compared to the original, IMO) worth another 8K, or to put it another way, how is this worth a BOP 2.0 plus a WOZ or Hobbit? DP does seem to be reaching for some kind of grab here. But BOP hasn't ever been the best layout to improve rules on, there are plenty of games with better layouts that could use a rules improvement that would actually be a better investment of time and money.

#194 7 years ago

So is this a complete game, or just a kit? How will they find 150 BOP's to convert? (not that I think they will sell out).

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So is this a complete game, or just a kit? How will they find 150 BOP's to convert? (not that I think they will sell out).

Complete game, no conversion.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

It appears the preorder money is gone, DP should have mentioned this six months or a year ago. Shirley (surely) they must have known their negative bank balance doomed the project for a long time now.

The irony is you have zero to substantiate any statement you just made... yet you are the one accusing others of fraud.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reveal-dutch-pinball-title-2/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.