IMG_1704 (resized).JPG
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_2519 (resized).PNG
1m23en (resized).jpg
IMG_1711 (resized).JPG
IMG_1710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

What is the price?
I really don't like the new artwork.
I thought the 2.0 machine at Allentown last year looked and played amazing. I'd rather have one with the kit. How much was the kit and are they still available?

$2000. From CoinTaker. I think they're shipping kits within 1-2 weeks now, after being very late to start.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

$2000. From CoinTaker. I think they're shipping kits within 1-2 weeks now, after being very late to start.

Weird. I put a 25% deposit on one @ Allentown last year. I finally decided to cancel 2 weeks ago since I had not heard anything from anyone about my order.

#103 7 years ago

Thanks for the info on 2.0.
Was a price announced for 3.0 LE??

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

Weird. I put a 25% deposit on one @ Allentown last year. I finally decided to cancel 2 weeks ago since I had not heard anything from anyone about my order.

CT's communication and organisation has been dire. If you don't chase you don't get. If you placed a new order on the condition of (almost) immediate delivery, I'm sure you'd get it.

Calling rather than e-mailing is mandatory.

#105 7 years ago

This was the game I saw at Pinburgh 2016...it was beautiful. I could see spending ~$6500 on such a game, NIB.

Can someone compare and contrast the newly announced version?

IMG_5670 (resized).JPGIMG_5670 (resized).JPG

#106 7 years ago

^^^ hey, I know those guys...

#107 7 years ago

Horse's Assbot.

#108 7 years ago

The super LE stuff wasn't started by Stern. The move "up-market" began earlier. jersey jack founded his whole company on the basis that there were collectors who wanted to spend $6k on games when sterns were 4K. His old convention pitches were all about how cheap Stern was and how he could provide a box full of toys for just a little more.

5 years later $6k is a "bargain" price and the games have moved severely up-market. Of course in those 5 years we've seen stock market madness... a bunch of nouveau-riche middle age guys wanting to blow money on status symbol pinball and arcade stuff. How long this lasts? IMHO it lasts until the next recession, which will probably take out a few of these boutique manufacturers.

#109 7 years ago

Oh...
I thought Bride Of Labowski was going to debut..

#110 7 years ago

Got some better quality jpg's of the brochure. Taste differs from person to person and I have nothing with the BoP as a theme but I do like the artwork. Sorry for the haters but I think it looks great. Set TBL feelings aside and have than a look again.

Jaap is up to speak today. Hope somebody records it. Look forward to hearing it asap.

IMG_1704 (resized).JPGIMG_1704 (resized).JPG

IMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPG

#111 7 years ago

Thanks for the info on 2.0.
Was a price announced for 3.0 LE??

I am hearing $12,500

#112 7 years ago

same game same shots with new artwork. nah now way no how.

#113 7 years ago

Plenty of suckers in the world, but not nearly enough to support this cash grab.

My guess is a few pre-sell, few/none ship, Dutch comes up with a plan C to attempt to fund TBL orders, none of which ends up great for the company or customers.

Couldn't think of a more disappointing announcement than a remake of a remake...

Actually, a $12.5k price tag. That would be more disappointing...

Or if it had an absolutely terrible art package. That would be more disappointing too.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, 2 lucky people will have those instead of this piece of garbage. C'mon - this is some bullshit fanboy art. It's an insult to the original and an insult to Python. I showed the pics to my girlfriend - she practically threw up.

Never said that 3.0 was better just an observation I made cause I don't see many 2.0 machines up for sale but seen a few over the past few weeks. Some people won't care how it looks and just want it cause it's limited and not many others will have it.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I heard small deposit ($500) with distributor rest due when done.

DP give you $500 as a deposit to order one?!

#116 7 years ago

FYI, I have it on very good authority that the original plan was for many, many multiples of 25 units. Not even in the same ballpark. Likely more than total TBL ambitions (i.e. initial, CT/Nitro, and subsequent runs).

Things have obviously changed though re: events with ARA etc. I'd think they've reduced ambitions significantly, plus the "SLE" language. Guess we'll see how many units they announce.

Still think 25 would be an utterly stupid exercise in futility.

#117 7 years ago

I also heard 125ish for the SLEs. Then if that is successful move on to non SLEs

#118 7 years ago

This allows the new CM to get comfortable with manufacturing. The CM name should drop today. Funds for BOP SLE go towards legal effort with Ara. Also it is to prove that DP does not need them.

#119 7 years ago

This is like a cover band releasing a greatest hits album as their second album. Not bringing much new to the table.

#120 7 years ago

Pricing is confirmed at usd 12500 and a run of 150 pcs

#121 7 years ago

IMG_1723 (resized).PNGIMG_1723 (resized).PNG

IMG_1724 (resized).PNGIMG_1724 (resized).PNG

IMG_1725 (resized).PNGIMG_1725 (resized).PNG

IMG_1726 (resized).PNGIMG_1726 (resized).PNG

IMG_1727 (resized).PNGIMG_1727 (resized).PNG

#122 7 years ago

Can someone post the link for the YouTube video of BoP 3.0?

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pricing is confirmed at usd 12500 and a run of 150 pcs

I was right about the price but wrong about the number. That being said, I don't think they'll sell more than 25.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was right about the price but wrong about the number. That being said, I don't think they'll sell more than 25.

There are probably at least 30 people clamouring to pay more than $30k for the barely working MG when any are offered for sale.

BM SLE sold out eventually at 80 units at $15k.

Pretty sure Stern will shoot for 500 units of Star Wars in the $15-20k range.

It's bananas. But there are a smallish number of people (and a lot of Star Wars fans) willing to pay obscene prices.

It would seem very unlikely within this context that they don't exceed 25 ...

Edit: Oh, and the Dialed In CE at $12.5k was, what, 250 units eventually?

#125 7 years ago

So, am I to understand I am out my deposit of $4,500? I am #126 on the list for TBL. How can Dutch start a new title without making good on TBL customer orders?

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

So, am I to understand I am out my deposit of $4,500? I am #126 on the list for TBL. How can Dutch start a new title without making good on TBL customer orders?

How come you have a 4500 deposit when the rest of us paid $8500? I am number 121

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

There are probably at least 30 people clamouring to pay more than $30k for the barely working MG when any are offered for sale.
BM SLE sold out eventually at 80 units at $15k.
Pretty sure Stern will shoot for 500 units of Star Wars in the $15-20k range.
It's bananas. But there are a smallish number of people (and a lot of Star Wars fans) willing to pay obscene prices.
It would seem very unlikely within this context that they don't exceed 25 ...
Edit: Oh, and the Dialed In CE at $12.5k was, what, 250 units eventually?

MG was 6 years ago. Different era.

Batman has nostalgia collectors.

Dialed In has Lawlor fans and "gotta have its"

There is no market for this.

#128 7 years ago

Yikes

#129 7 years ago

BOP 25th anniversary Dutch Pinball announcement

#130 7 years ago

What is the price?
I really don't like the new artwork.

The new bride is a butterface. Why mess with success?

#131 7 years ago

They keep saying their dream is to bring fun to the Pinball World, but once you've been paid for a product you need to get your ass to work and deliver it. They ought to be working night and day hand building the remaining Big Lebowski's in their garage if necessary. Instead their off to the next 'fun' part...

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why mess with success

Seems odd to try to improve on Python art.
Even if the original BoP face was rather manly.
-mof

#133 7 years ago

1m23en (resized).jpg1m23en (resized).jpg

#134 7 years ago

I paid a $4,500 deposit at TPF 2 years ago. I should have been suspicious when they lost my name/payment and I had to go back in my records to show proof. Also, they were quick to party, quick to vacate their booth. I would put our odds at <50% of getting our game and probably zero of getting a refund at this point. Has anyone gotten a refund recently?

#135 7 years ago

I don't have a stake in TBL, or anything from DP...but I hope that no one buys anything from them until TBL gets sorted out. Talk about treating your paid customers like crap. Hopefully everyone who has paid sues DP for their money back. Afterall, their agreement is with DP, not ARA. This whole mess is DP's fault.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

They intend to fill the orders. They just can't because they're in dispute with ARA. Moving to the new contract manufacturer VDL would be unwise until the old contract is nullified in the first place, and also it seems like a lot of parts paid for by DP are being held by ARA, and they can no longer gain access to the ARA facility to obtain them, due to the dispute.

No-one knows how long it will take to resolve.

#137 7 years ago

DP also says all pinball parts are in the possession of ARA and that they have no access to replacement parts- ZERO.

So if it's not a readily available part, you're in for a potentially long wait.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

DP also says all pinball parts are in the possession of ARA and that they have no access to replacement parts- ZERO.
So if it's not a readily available part, you're in for a potentially long wait.

I don't think P-ROCs are produced in huge numbers.

If the numbers (value figure and outstanding TBLs / BoP 3.0s) DP gave are accurate. There are probably 300 sets at the ARA facility.

Unless P3 are producing a lot more of them, that could take a while.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There is no market for this.

I disagree. BOP seems to have a huge following and 2.0 is pretty well made. I believe collectors will line up cash in hand to get one - even more so given the fact that they are super limited.
If it helps DP to stay in business, good for them (and the pinball scene).

#140 7 years ago

Wow, the art is not appealing to me. What is with the flowing metal hair. Yikes.

#141 7 years ago

No dog in the fight, but that was filled with a lot of general statements about TBL, which likely isn't good for those with money in the game. I'd also be scared if I owned one, after he basically said, if something original to the game breaks you're SOL. The "We won't let them get away with this" at the end seemed forced and like he was trying to convince himself or us.

#142 7 years ago

What are the regulars going for?

#143 7 years ago

I feel like I was just given roboherpes. This sounds awful. The new pinbot is replacing the old sextoy of some imagined pin lord and now needs you to fly it in on a space shuttle and put in some batteries?!!!

The original is such an amazing game and looks so fantastic. I thought the BP2.0 was an interesting exercise but to take that into threepete is beyond unimaginative. They took was was amazing about BoP and said, yeah, lets get rid of that.

GL. I don't see this fares well for Big Lebowski. I'm sure some people want it, but not me.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I paid a $4,500 deposit at TPF 2 years ago. I should have been suspicious when they lost my name/payment and I had to go back in my records to show proof. Also, they were quick to party, quick to vacate their booth. I would put our odds at <50% of getting our game and probably zero of getting a refund at this point. Has anyone gotten a refund recently?

The rest of us had to pay the additional $4k within a few months. I thought all achievers were paid in full?

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I disagree. BOP seems to have a huge following and 2.0 is pretty well made. I believe collectors will line up cash in hand to get one - even more so given the fact that they are super limited.

Yeah, the ORIGINAL has a following. If I loved BOP and didn't have one, I'd want a real one. If they were doing this with the original art as a base, cool - but this new art looks like shit and no fan of the original would spend $12,500 for a garbage version of the game they love.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I don't think collector's are lining up with cash. There are major differences between BoP and this overpriced "vault edition."

- It's obviously too expensive
- You can get a used BoP for much cheaper (even with 2.0 upgrade)
- DP's rep is in the mud
- Art isn't that great
- Lacks innovation
- How is this game appealing to a collector, when one can get Dialed In or other game(s) with better bang for the buck?
- While it may be rare, how does this game offer collector value? I can't see it going up in price for secondary buyers.

#147 7 years ago

Hot mess.

#148 7 years ago

If the recent CEs and Super LEs have shown anything, then it's that there are plenty of wealthy buyers who don't care about the price tag if they can have that rare (dream theme for some) pin in their basement. You and I may not be part of their target audience, but it exists anyway.

#149 7 years ago

The artwork is flat out strange - can't put my finger on it other than it looks strangely amateurish.

This kind of episode is a classic sign we are in bubble territory.

Roll up, roll up, join the SE goldrush.

An_Australian_Gold_Diggings (resized).jpgAn_Australian_Gold_Diggings (resized).jpg

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Can someone post the link for the YouTube video of BoP 3.0?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.99
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reveal-dutch-pinball-title-2/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.