IMG_1704 (resized).JPG
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_2519 (resized).PNG
1m23en (resized).jpg
IMG_1711 (resized).JPG
IMG_1710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

Wow, that's Fugly!

#52 7 years ago

I wonder if it still plays the original game, like the BOP 2.0 kit. It's not listed in the feature set...so maybe not? Would be a shame, as 2 games in 1 is a cool feature.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Iceman, people pay 10-12k all the time for HEPs and Kelly's stuff, this is a brand new game with all new rule set, sounds and animation. Also all kinds of upgrades: color dmd, ambient lighting, the armor...etc...etc. I'm not defending them I'm just putting things in perspective.

From DP.......i get it but you gotta be kidding me.

This is a joke of sorts. Where are the TBL's? WTF

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if it still plays the original game, like the BOP 2.0 kit. It's not listed in the feature set...so maybe not? Would be a shame, as 2 games in 1 is a cool feature.

Layout looks identical. So I don't see why it wouldn't.

#55 7 years ago

Are they soliciting and accepting pre-orders and deposits for this machine?

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure they are. How else can you get TBL done?

It's the "there are always a few dummies out there" theory

#57 7 years ago

Dutch Pinball - JFLOP 2.0

Joke of a company.

The similarities are scary.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I heard small deposit ($500) with distributor rest due when done.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where are the TBL's?

A Back to the Future Ponzi scheme coming tomorrow as well?

If this actually works, I have zero sympathy for dumbasses being separated from their $$$

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where are the TBL's?
A Back to the Future Ponzi scheme coming tomorrow as well?
If this actually works, I have zero sympathy for dumbasses being separated from their $$$

That's the million dollar question

I hope Jaap has a plan for tbl tomorrow

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I hope Jaap has a plan for tbl tomorrow

Well, I'd want a third party trustee for my $$$.

These guys don't deserve shit. Hopefully it works out but i can't wait to see what excuses they have here.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

So that's 2-2. Will Houdini make it 3-3?

Pre-order may be dead but it ain't for lack of trying.

#63 7 years ago

Houdini is a joke too.

25th anniversary "reserve yours today"!

Wow

#64 7 years ago

IMG_1710 (resized).JPGIMG_1710 (resized).JPG

IMG_1711 (resized).JPGIMG_1711 (resized).JPG

#65 7 years ago

now that's a mouth that's worth putting balls in

#67 7 years ago

So is 'Super Limited Edition' is a thing now? Whoever we have to thank for that, thanks a lot.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

now that's a mouth that's worth putting balls in

So inappropriate...but I'm still laughing

#69 7 years ago

Curious.

TBL fiasco aside, I wonder if instead of a full machine they going to offer an updated playfield completely populated with new hardware to augment their BoP 2.0 upgrade kit. Would this get them around their TBL issue?

If it's a completely new machine using this new vision of BoP, I think because of TBL it's going to be a very hard sell.

#70 7 years ago

So, who exactly is building these Super LEs? ARA?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

So, who exactly is building these Super LEs? ARA?

Just a wild guess: Nop

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

make it stop
I'd be more excited about the Road Kings 2.0 they were working on a while back.

.....you're making an obvious joke, I'm sure... but I would love to play RK2.

#73 7 years ago

so that's the best they can do?
it looks exactly like the original, same face, exactly at the same place, plastic upper playfield (if we can call it that), almost like the original.
and a super LE, again. are you kidding me, who had this brilliant idea?

sorry, pass

#74 7 years ago

Some people at the show have suggested that it was on CoinTaker's initiation that this project was undertaken by DP ...

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

.....you're making an obvious joke, I'm sure... but I would love to play RK2.

Not a joke.

#76 7 years ago

1m23en (resized).jpg1m23en (resized).jpg

#77 7 years ago

Can't imaging anyone being dumb enough to send them a dime for anything. But I'm probably wrong & they are sold out already

#78 7 years ago

30 Super LE's?! Maybe it will be 60 tomorrow. Either way I better get my video application ready.

#79 7 years ago

That playfield artwork is atrocious.

#80 7 years ago

IMG_2519 (resized).PNGIMG_2519 (resized).PNG

#81 7 years ago

Who Cares finish the 1st game production don't try a john popadiuk

#82 7 years ago

25th anniversary?!
Based on their current track record, it'll be the 30th anniversary by the time they ship it.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Iceman, people pay 10-12k all the time for HEPs and Kelly's stuff, this is a brand new game with all new rule set, sounds and animation. Also all kinds of upgrades: color dmd, ambient lighting, the armor...etc...etc. I'm not defending them I'm just putting things in perspective.

Is it all new or is it the 2.0 system in a all new machine but the same software I have in my converted game?

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Some people at the show have suggested that it was on CoinTaker's initiation that this project was undertaken by DP ...

I'd bet everyone was blown away by burningman 's BoP2.0 and they wanted to try to productize a super high end package like he put together.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

So is 'Super Limited Edition' is a thing now? Whoever we have to thank for that, thanks a lot.

Thanks Stern!

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Is it all new or is it the 2.0 system in a all new machine but the same software I have in my converted game?

Sorry not sure, but If I was to venture a guess it's a new machine built with BOP 2.0 installed in it. This is riff of BM66 SLE and nothing more. BM66 SLE has opened a whole new market segment. I swear this harebrained idea was hatched by none other than the pinball neophyte Kaneda on his podcast and picked up on Jared or Jody.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, for people with money that's the BOP you want...it's loaded. RGB Lighting, FF sounds, chrome armor, blades etc..I mean sure beats BM66 SLE.

As someone with money, I have no desire to buy BM66SLE but I'd buy two before buying this BoP crap from DP.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

'Son of PinBot' would be a more expected theme...

Best. Image. Ever.

(insert slow-clap smiley)

Have to admit I was pretty bummed when I read the news like one hour ago as I woke up. I only *just* finished converting my Bride into 2.0. Went on to check the pictures and am glad I did that, I do not care much for the new look, although I can imagine not everyone has the time, skill or just patience that goes into restoring and converting an old game. For those people, this might be an option.

Just like everybody else, I hope us 2.0 owners will pluck some fruits from further development of the software/gameplay.

#89 7 years ago

Guess this explains why two BOP 2.0 machines went up for sale last week.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Guess this explains why two BOP 2.0 machines went up for sale last week.

Well, 2 lucky people will have those instead of this piece of garbage. C'mon - this is some bullshit fanboy art. It's an insult to the original and an insult to Python. I showed the pics to my girlfriend - she practically threw up.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, 2 lucky people will have those instead of this piece of garbage. C'mon - this is some bullshit fanboy art. It's an insult to the original and an insult to Python. I showed the pics to my girlfriend - she practically threw up.

Totally agree , but brings up a fair question of the market. You'd think that the one type of people waiting to skeet out this much coin for this trash are fan boys right?
EDIT: God, that redhead face is so bad

#92 7 years ago

I reckon they will build the 30 games themselves, by hand...

No manufacturer to pay, after materials etc the profit used to pay off ARA!?

Building 30 games by hand can be done
BBB
NEMO
to name just a few

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Totally agree , but brings up a fair question of the market. You'd think that the one type of people waiting to skeet out this much coin for this trash are fan boys right?
EDIT: God, that redhead face is so bad

I don't know who the market is for this. BOP 2.0 is really cool because it fits SO WELL into the classic game we know and love. It lets you play new and old. The new's animation and voices feel "real"...not at all like an amateur mod. This SLE package destroys all that. It feels phony. It doesn't feel "Williams". B/W fans won't want this ugly thing. Who will? New collectors who don't have any nostalgia for this title? No way. They're busy with Ghostbusters or whatever.

Seriously if you're interested in buying this thing, I'd love to hear your perspective.

#94 7 years ago

IMG_1401.JPGIMG_1401.JPG

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I reckon they will build the 30 games themselves, by hand...
No manufacturer to pay, after materials etc the profit used to pay off ARA!?
Building 30 games by hand can be done
BBB
NEMO
to name just a few

Apparently it might be more than 25

#96 7 years ago

Yeah, I think so to. Don't know where the 25 comes from besides a wild guess from somebody or the 30 animations mentioned in the flyer suddenly became 30 pcs. I reckon between 100-200 pcs tops but built in batches depending on demand.

#97 7 years ago

This could be endless ..

Father, Mother, sister, brother,Aunt, grandmother, grandpa, pet,

"Of PINBOT"

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yeah, I think so to. Don't know where the 25 comes from besides a wild guess from somebody or the 30 animations mentioned in the flyer suddenly became 30 pcs. I reckon between 100-200 pcs tops but built in batches depending on demand.

Ah so 25 initially and then magically jumps to 75 as in how 30 became 80

Only Alice Cooper is allowed a Super Douper Cooper Edition! Could be tonight....

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd bet everyone was blown away by burningman 's BoP2.0 and they wanted to try to productize a super high end package like he put together.

I heard that sales of the BoP 2.0 kits have been pretty good once CT finally began shipping them. Long term I suspect they hope to reach 1000 units. For DP, they get ~$550 license fee per kit sold from CT.

If CT think they can sell a decent number of SLEs, then it's not hard to see why DP would listen. But all that work for 25 units? At 100 I think it would start looking tasty financially. Particularly if they can add extras for further money to the kits.

#100 7 years ago

What is the price?
I really don't like the new artwork.
I thought the 2.0 machine at Allentown last year looked and played amazing. I'd rather have one with the kit. How much was the kit and are they still available?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reveal-dutch-pinball-title-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.