IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_2519 (resized).PNG
1m23en (resized).jpg
IMG_1711 (resized).JPG
IMG_1710 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 BoP 2.0 Anniversary Edition Flyer Posted by Rensh (7 years ago)

Post #121 Newsletter announcing bop anniversary edition Posted by Rensh (7 years ago)

Post #129 Some video from the bop announcement at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Hmm. Just got a picture out of Dallas from a reliable source. Anybody dares to guess what it means ?

IMG_1703 (resized).JPGIMG_1703 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Scooby Doo Pinball?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm. Just got a picture out of Dallas from a reliable source. Anybody dares to guess what it means ?

Desperate cash grab to pay off ARA or lawyers?

I heard 25 units @ $12,500

I can't imagine this is actually their real "Game #2" ....but a hope there are 25 ultra collector maniacs who will give them a quick cash influx.

#4 7 years ago

Stay tuned, my spy in Dallas says more info will follow soon ...

#5 7 years ago

I guess between Houdini, Spooky's #3 and now this, I won't get anything done today.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I guess between Houdini, Spooky's #3 and now this, I won't get anything done today.

I with you there! add in AFMR !

#7 7 years ago

My guess is that they're trying to promote their BOP 2.0 kit and this has nothing to do with a new game. Maybe they'll have them for sale there or a show special?

-Doug

#8 7 years ago

I do know that the reason why Mayuh's excellent 2.0 decals had to be stopped being distributed is because they wanted to sell Barry's design for 2.0 decals themselves (which he has on his own machine) ...

That idea may have morphed into making full BoPR 2.0s. So there will have been some foreshadowing, if that's what this is.

#9 7 years ago

25 units for 12.5K is hardly a cash grab, but who knows it might enough to cover ARA's jacked up fees.

#10 7 years ago

lot's to see and hear about at TPF!

#11 7 years ago

IMG_1707 (resized).JPGIMG_1707 (resized).JPG

IMG_1708 (resized).JPGIMG_1708 (resized).JPG

IMG_1709 (resized).JPGIMG_1709 (resized).JPG

#12 7 years ago

Dat ass.

#13 7 years ago

make it stop

I'd be more excited about the Road Kings 2.0 they were working on a while back.

#14 7 years ago

Fucking Super LE Jesus Christopher Cracker Christ

#15 7 years ago

What a joke.

#16 7 years ago

Keep scarfing those member berries guys. Yikes.

#17 7 years ago

"I'm sorry,I wasn't listening"

#18 7 years ago

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fucking Super LE Jesus Christopher Cracker Christ

Yeah that's what I meant.

Where's Road Kings 2.0?!?!?!

#20 7 years ago

So are they building these from scratch or tearing up more perfectly good Bride of Pinbots?

#21 7 years ago

These super LE's just have to stop. It's getting out of control.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where's Road Kings 2.0?!?!?!

I'd actually have a tough time deciding betwixed the 2 originals if the audio was off.

#23 7 years ago

That's just....bizarre looking. Ooph. Where are the Lebowskis, motherfuckers!?!?!!!?

#24 7 years ago

Pretty big kick in the nuts to BoP 2.0 buyers if they don't also upgrade the animations on those.

Anyway, 25 units definitely makes absolutely zero sense, given that there has obviously been quite a bit of work.

#25 7 years ago

I don't really understand - is this a kit to apply to an existing BoP, or a completely new machine?

If a new machine, why? If a kit, why?

Basically I am asking why.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I don't really understand - is this a kit to apply to an existing BoP, or a completely new machine?
If a new machine, why? If a kit, why?
Basically I am asking why.

Most sensible explanation would be that it's been on the cards for ages, as a good promotional opportunity rather than something particularly profitable. But given delays of other things, has been pushed back (hence no longer being 25th anniversary) and it was now or never .... even if it's horrible timing and makes little to no financial sense.

#27 7 years ago

They did´t use Mayuh´s design?

#28 7 years ago

Why?!

leonard-bones-mccoy-16341030-694-530-567630943df78ccc15212e76 (resized).jpgleonard-bones-mccoy-16341030-694-530-567630943df78ccc15212e76 (resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago

You know when they make something, and it's pretty good so it sells a lot and is really popular? Then, when sales slow down a bit they feel the need to change something to make it "fresh" so they can sell more, but it was already perfect the way it was and the changes they make ruin it?

#30 7 years ago

Mr_Horse (resized).jpgMr_Horse (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

'Son of PinBot' would be a more expected theme...

#32 7 years ago

Someone make that bot a sammich.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

'Son of PinBot' would be a more expected theme...

Jackbot

#34 7 years ago

Jackbot is just some dude peeping at them through the window, he not related.

I mean it would be a lot hotter if he was.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You know when they make something, and it's pretty good so it sells a lot and is really popular? Then, when sales slow down a bit they feel the need to change something to make it "fresh" so they can sell more, but it was already perfect the way it was and the changes they make ruin it?

Depending on price and numbers, it'll definitely sell *IF* they have a new deal with a CM that will actually build both TBL and them ...

Some people will like the art, new plastics, new translite, backlit apron, and RGB inserts are a very big upgrade. Plus some people love NIB.

But it's going to suck mightily if they don't also upgrade the animations on the BoP 2.0 kits. I'll certainly feel aggrieved.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

But it's going to suck mightily if they don't also upgrade the animations on the BoP 2.0 kits. I'll certainly feel aggrieved.

Do we know it's not the same animation? The flyer says bigger screen and 3D animation from BOP 2.0. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same exact animation. It was fantastic already, why monkey with it?

Edit: It says "renewed" ...not sure what that means. Maybe they're changing her design & logos to match this new art package? If that's the case, I really don't want that in my BOP 2.0!

#37 7 years ago

BoP Vault edition

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do we know it's not the same animation? The flyer says bigger screen and 3D animation from BOP 2.0. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same exact animation. It was fantastic already, why monkey with it?
Edit: It says "renewed" ...not sure what that means. Maybe they're changing her design & logos to match this new art package? If that's the case, I really don't want that in my BOP 2.0!

She doesn't show up much in the onscreen animations. At least not much where you'd tell the difference between the original and this new iteration. Certainly not 30 animations as they say there. That's more like all the animations, I think.

I guess we'll see how it looks, but I see no reason why they shouldn't push it to BoP 2.0 kits .... there are enough other unique selling points for this machine ... including, I see, auto ball launch, which I hadn't seen initially.

They'd probably sell quite a lot of RGB insert kits and auto ball launcher kits as upgrade kits for BoP 2.0

#39 7 years ago

Pretty cool how she can spin her head 360 on the back glass without breaking her neck. Just like the game

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Certainly not 30 animations as they say there. That's more like all the animations, I think.

Pretty sure it says 3D ...as in 3D/CG/polygon graphics.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty sure it says 3D ...as in 3D/CG/polygon graphics.

Looks like 30 to me. But they're all 3D / CG on BoP 2.0 already. They're just massively down scaled and dot-ised.

I think there's footage of the original renders and animations floating around somewhere. Like the shuttle launch animation.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Looks like 30 to me. But they're all 3D / CG on BoP 2.0 already. They're just massively down scaled and dot-ised.
I think there's footage of the original renders and animations floating around somewhere. Like the shuttle launch animation.

30 doesn't make sense. 3D does...trying to market it to people who think of pinball animation as 2D dots. They're basically just saying it's using the 3D animation from BOP 2.0. As for what "renewed from BOP 2.0" means...I have no idea. Does that mean they're just carrying it over, as is...or altering it to fit this version's aesthetic.

#43 7 years ago

Is this for real?

Have they addressed the TBL situation?

#44 7 years ago

It's 30, not 3D. If I zoom in I see the same kind of shape as the O in an animations

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It's 30, not 3D. If I zoom in I see the same kind of shape as the O in an animations

Yep, a BOP SLE, only 30 made.

To pay the creditors of TBL and keep themselves getting a paycheck?

You'd have to have your head examined before giving these guys a dime of $$$ in advance.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I see the flat side of the D.

Someone post a non potato quality picture.

#47 7 years ago

So PPS or whoever owns the Williams rights licensed this to them? This is crazy. I mean I have zero pinball industry experience but I am totally missing the market for this. Wouldn't really wealthy collectors want originals in pristine shape?

This smells like peak pinball madness.

#48 7 years ago

Well, for people with money that's the BOP you want...it's loaded. RGB Lighting, FF sounds, chrome armor, blades etc..I mean sure beats BM66 SLE.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, for people with money that's the BOP you want...it's loaded. RGB Lighting, FF sounds, chrome armor, blades etc..I mean sure beats BM66 SLE.

Uhhh, no.....It's DP versus Stern pinball.

Pathetic Jpop attempt to get their ass out of the ditch.

#50 7 years ago

Iceman, people pay 10-12k all the time for HEPs and Kelly's stuff, this is a brand new game with all new rule set, sounds and animation. Also all kinds of upgrades: color dmd, ambient lighting, the armor...etc...etc. I'm not defending them I'm just putting things in perspective.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 27.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.99
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reveal-dutch-pinball-title-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.