IMG_7670 (resized).JPG
IMG_7669 (resized).JPG
IMG_7668 (resized).JPG
IMG_7667 (resized).JPG
IMG_7666 (resized).JPG
IMG_7665 (resized).JPG
IMG_7664 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Not sure how many people here sell off their first ever pins, and how quickly they have done it, but I was really bummed after I sold off my first ever game. I do not sell games often, even if they are not that great of games. Luckily I sold my first ever game to a good friend, and knew it was going to a good home. Not only did he take amazing care of the game, he restored it to its former glory. About two years after I sold it to him, he calls me and offers it back to me, and I jumped all over it.

I just got it back home tonight, and I could not be happier. This game holds a special place in my heart and now it looks better than ever!!!

I cannot wait for this thing to kick peoples' asses come tournament time at my house! haha.

IMG_7671 (resized).JPGIMG_7671 (resized).JPG

IMG_7673 (resized).JPGIMG_7673 (resized).JPG

IMG_7672 (resized).JPGIMG_7672 (resized).JPG

IMG_7674 (resized).JPGIMG_7674 (resized).JPG

IMG_7675 (resized).JPGIMG_7675 (resized).JPG

IMG_7670 (resized).JPGIMG_7670 (resized).JPG

IMG_7676 (resized).JPGIMG_7676 (resized).JPG

IMG_7669 (resized).JPGIMG_7669 (resized).JPG

IMG_7668 (resized).JPGIMG_7668 (resized).JPG

IMG_7667 (resized).JPGIMG_7667 (resized).JPG

IMG_7666 (resized).JPGIMG_7666 (resized).JPG

IMG_7665 (resized).JPGIMG_7665 (resized).JPG

IMG_7664 (resized).JPGIMG_7664 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Nice! Looks awesome! You might have to change one of the flipper rubbers...

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Nice! Looks awesome! You might have to change one of the flipper rubbers...

Duh. Haha

#4 5 years ago

nice, congrats. still have my first pin, 20+ years now.

#5 5 years ago

Does your friend take on restoration commissions?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Does your friend take on restoration commissions?

I don’t think so. Should get with Weirpinball though. He might be able to help out depending on what it is.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

nice, congrats. still have my first pin, 20+ years now.

That’s awesome. I hope to have this beast until the end of my days. Haha

#8 5 years ago

Just introduced my 9yr old to his first EM yesterday - Doodle Bug.

He absolutely loved it except that it was single player so we had to play individually.

He’d love this game. Also, that game is F’ing gorgeous. Congrats!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just introduced my 9yr old to his first EM yesterday - Doodle Bug.
He absolutely loved it except that it was single player so we had to play individually.
He’d love this game. Also, that game is F’ing gorgeous. Congrats!

I do like that the doodle bug value can go much higher on doodle bug. Dipsy tops out at 100 per tick. I doubt I’d ever get past that anyway, but cool that doodle bug has those extra values.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how many people here sell off their first ever pins, and how quickly they have done it, but I was really bummed after I sold off my first ever game. I do not sell games often, even if they are not that great of games. Luckily I sold my first ever game to a good friend, and knew it was going to a good home. Not only did he take amazing care of the game, he restored it to its former glory. About two years after I sold it to him, he calls me and offers it back to me, and I jumped all over it.
I just got it back home tonight, and I could not be happier. This game holds a special place in my heart and now it looks better than ever!!!
I cannot wait for this thing to kick peoples' asses come tournament time at my house! haha.

Nice. Congrats on getting her back!

I have the same thing going on here. I sold the first game I ever bought (a super gorgeous BSD) after owning it for almost 8 years. I regretted it immediately, but luckily the buyer said I’d have the first crack at buying it if he ever sold it. Well, here we are 6 years later and I’m driving across the country to pick it up next month. So happy to be getting it back and it’s never leaving again!

#11 5 years ago

My first was Honey, I would like to have one again someday...incidently, my second game was dipsy doodle...although it looked nothing like yours.

#13 5 years ago

Peaches and Herb=
CW and Dipsey Doodle.

Congrats!

#14 5 years ago

Awesome!

#15 5 years ago

I bought my first game Captain Fantastic when I was 12,I am now 44 and it's not going anywhere.I always said I would trade it for something modern with ramps and multiball then I found pinside and learned why trade 1 when I can buy a dozen.

#16 5 years ago

Glad you got it back! My first game also went to a good friend but when he offered it back to me I stupidly said no. Then it went to another good friend but after him we lost track of it, and there ya go. While I did get another one later, it would have been nice to have had the original back.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reunited-and-it-feels-so-good?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.