8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by AlexF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cableft.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Well sort of...

Inspired from SteveinTexas amazing epic resurrection of an orphaned lower cab and misplace head. Seen here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1962-world-series-pinball-restore-story#post-1631184
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1962-world-series-pitch-bat-game-restore-–part-2#post-2204012

I also married up a classic Pitch and Bat head and cab from separate parts of the country. Unfortunately my story isn't nearly as interesting. I don't have the skill set or patience to work through this one. It has a few challenges that could be worked out with enough grey matter. Aside from needing some cosmetic upgrades this one is also missing 4 relays on the mech panel. All related to replays it seems. I also found two cut wires in the head. Not sure where they lead. Anyway, I've decide to put it up for sale but thought it was worth posting as it's always interesting (to me at least) when you can reunite a couple parts machines into one again.

Cableft.jpgCableft.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Thread moved to Flipperless sub-forum, as it is not a Pinball.

#3 8 years ago

Hi Alex,

This game is the two player and is great to play. I believe this is the game that the Silverball Museum has in Asbury Park,NJ. My son an I had some fun playing one last year or one like it.

Sorry to see you aren't going to do the restore. I know you know how long it can take, so your heart needs to be 100% in it. Parts should be able to be found if someone is interested.

Its a good project for someone that wants a fun game and has someone to play it with them. Its a change from a pinball that's fun and visitors play my pitch and bat almost non stop!

#4 8 years ago

Hi Steve,
    I don't think it should be too bad. If I didn't have a real nice 4 Bagger I'd dive in anyway. This one is heavier on features.

Considering I'm not great with schematics though, patching in missing relays may be a bit more challenge than I like. I kind of feel like it might even work without them. It looks like the previous owner was trying to turn it into the non-replay version. Leaving it hacked though just doesn't do it justice. It deserves the full treatment.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reunited-and-it-feels-so-good-another-pb-love-story and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.