8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Out-West
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

That title sucks, but it's the best way I can briefly describe the issue.

OK, so say you start off on page 1... Nothing you want to read, move on to auto-loading page 2. Now you click on something, read it, then go back (using normal back button) and... you're actually on page 3, not page 2. What seems to be happening is the browser autoscrolls you to the point you left from which causes pinside to load additional page of posts to make up the difference.

In a more extreme example, say you start on page 2, then scroll until you read something on page 4. When you hit back, you wind up in the middle of page 6 (the difference from page 4 as you were originally from page 2).

This occurs on win7-64/Pale Moon 64 25.5 (should be latest), but has been happening I believe since the original mobile rollout. I assume since it's under Pale Moon, Firefox would be similarly affected.

It does not seem to happen on chrome, but it was a very quick test I just did.

#2 8 years ago

I noticed this happening on my Android phone. Thought I was crazy when I didn't recognize the posts after hitting the back button..

#3 8 years ago

Yeah i noticed it too, i think what is happening is you are actually going back to where you were, but the other posts have "moved on without you"

It's sort of a pinside time dilation.....

Everytime i hit the back button i feel that much older......

#4 8 years ago

No, because if you scroll back up you'll see everything in the same order as you left it. Remember this is like page 4, and I posted it at 1AMish CT where activity is definitely not happening that quickly.

#5 8 years ago

I've been having the same issue. Windows 8.1 and Firefox. When I come to the site and scroll down to find the last post I had opened with new content after I read the topic and click back it takes me to a page or sometimes 2 pages back of where I was.

#6 8 years ago

Site has been doing that since upgrades. Upgrades are sometimes downgrades.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/return-from-reading-thread-on-a-lower-page-goes-down-too-far and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.