tmnthero1 (resized).jpeg
tmnthero2 (resized).jpeg
Standard (resized).jpg
PCBS (resized).jpg
rc main fb (resized).jpg
HDBF (resized).jpg
#1 7 months ago

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know we are running a Black Friday sale with 15% Off everything in store at https://www.retrocity.com.au

Prices start at roughly $162 USD + Shipping for a standard Pin2DMD display non activated and start at roughly $182 USD + Shipping Activated, plug and play with everything you need to get started. No soldering, no updating, no configuration, plug it in and start playing. Also Pinside Members who order will get a free Keyring and for any Standard Displays ordered a Free Foam Light Guard as well. EDIT: Pretty much out of these now but please contact me direct and I will see what I can do. Happy to offer a rain check for anyone who misses out. Sale has been extended for the weekend for anyone who missed out while waiting for a reply. I've almost caught up with everyone's messages, thank you.

For the people who have been asking what is different to the other devices being sold, I will do up a post soon, but feel free to message me and I can give you the rundown. The short of it is, not all devices are created equal and our support and knowledge across our products is second to none.

Our HD Displays are also on sale as well as our TMNT Full kit for DE.

We ship direct from Australia to the US & Worldwide via Express Airmail and it usually takes about a week at the moment give or take. Shipping is around $34 USD per Display and is discounted the more you buy.

We are also supported by the majority of colour file artists such as NetzZwerg slippifishi jedimastermatt Redrum1986 vbobrusev AnthonyPFX Beaster JPAMO, President and many more!

You can find me on the forums as Terranigma here and VPU as well. Happy to answer absolutely any questions you have, including the tough ones!

We deal with all the artists direct, get exclusives and the latest files always! We are working on new games every day! Support the people who produce the content. More exclusives added that you won't find from anyone else!

Thank you!
Andrew

rc main fb (resized).jpgrc main fb (resized).jpgStandard (resized).jpgStandard (resized).jpgHDBF (resized).jpgHDBF (resized).jpgtmnthero2 (resized).jpegtmnthero2 (resized).jpegtmnthero1 (resized).jpegtmnthero1 (resized).jpegPCBS (resized).jpgPCBS (resized).jpg

#2 7 months ago

Dang, those are some nice prices! Anyone have video of how they look in Congo and Spider-Man?

#3 7 months ago

Wow! This is a great deal for anyone needing a new DMD or just wanting to finally add some color bling to your game.

Here's examples of the 2 games I've colorized so far:

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from Collin:

Dang, those are some nice prices! Anyone have video of how they look in Congo and Spider-Man?

Sure thing.

Here is Congo:

Here is Spider-Man:

Spider-Man has some tough source material to work with as it's based on the movie, but overall it's a lot nicer than orange.

Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Wow! This is a great deal for anyone needing a new DMD or just wanting to finally add some color bling to your game.
Here's examples of the 2 games I've colorized so far:

Amazing work as always matt!

#5 7 months ago

These look awesome! (And are an excellent value.)

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from Retrocity-Arcade:

Hi guys,
Just wanted to let everyone know we are running a Black Friday sale with 15% Off everything in store at https://www.retrocity.com.au
Prices start at roughly $162 USD + Shipping for a standard Pin2DMD display non activated and start at roughly $182 USD + Shipping Activated, plug and play with everything you need to get started. No soldering, no updating, no configuration, plug it in and start playing. Also Pinside Members who order will get a free Keyring and for any Standard Displays ordered a Free Foam Light Guard as well.
Our HD Displays are also on sale as well as our TMNT Full kit for DE.
We ship direct from Australia to the US & Worldwide via Express Airmail and it usually takes about a week at the moment give or take. Shipping is around $34 USD per Display and is discounted the more you buy.
We are also supported by the majority of colour file artists such as NetzZwerg slippifishi jedimastermatt Redrum1986 vbobrusev MydknyteStyrm Beaster JPAMO, President and many more!
You can find me on the forums as Terranigma here and VPU as well. Happy to answer absolutely any questions you have, including the tough ones!
We deal with all the artists direct, get exclusives and the latest files always! We are working on new games every day! Support the people who produce the content. More exclusives added that you won't find from anyone else!
Thank you!
Andrew
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As far as the Pin2DMD, for say Whitewater, can you purchase it activated with color and switch it to a solid color later if you change your mind? If so, is it a button/menu system similar to color dmd?

#7 7 months ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

As far as the Pin2DMD, for say Whitewater, can you purchase it activated with color and switch it to a solid color later if you change your mind? If so, is it a button/menu system similar to color dmd?

Hi herbertbsharp, thanks for the question.

Yes you sure can. It is very straight forward to do, there is a menu which is accessed via buttons on the back of the display. Pop out the SD card first if it has a color file on it already, if it doesn't you can leave it in there.

Either hold down Button 1 while the display boots or hold down Button 1, while Button 1 is held press and release the Reset button and then let go of Button 1.

You will now be in the "config menu" as can be seen displayed under the Pin2DMD Logo on screen. Navigate the menu by pressing Button 1 to cycle through your options until you get to the "color palette" setting. Once you see that on screen simply press Button 2 repeatedly which will cycle through a set of pre defined colors. When you are satisfied with your choice, press Button 1 again until you see the "save config" option, press Button 2 and your settings will save and your display will reboot with the chosen solid color. That's it.
I've included a snippet of our manual to illustrate the layout of the buttons for you.

If someone knows they will want to swap the color beforehand, usually we will offer a secondary SD Card preloaded with settings matched to their preferred color choice. Simply swapping between the 2 cards will eliminate any fiddling with the menu for those wanting a no fuss option. It also helps to keep your settings file separate as this can get overwritten.

We can even offer a custom color palette of several different colors or a shade of a color you would like that isn't included in the inbuilt menu.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Andrew

Picture 1 (resized).jpgPicture 1 (resized).jpg
#8 7 months ago

Do these require high voltage? Or run strictly on the lower voltage circuits?

Trying to figure out which games I can work these into.

Also, is the deal valid through the whole weekend?

#9 7 months ago

How's the Star Trek (beta) file?

#10 7 months ago

Perfect timing. Thanks for the discount.

I was just looking at getting into this last week but was a bit nervous that I'd have to spend time tracking down the right files via forums I have never joined, etc. etc. Suffice it to say I set the project to the side as I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew. Well, what a difference a week makes! I had no idea RetroCity-Arcade was packing these up all ready to go. That changes everything. I'm stoked. Just ordered two full, standard kits and it came to $440 shipped. Nice!

#11 7 months ago

Sorry for the late reply.

Quoted from Collin:

Do these require high voltage? Or run strictly on the lower voltage circuits?
Trying to figure out which games I can work these into.
Also, is the deal valid through the whole weekend?

Strictly low voltage. They come with a power cable that plugs direct to your machine. I’ve extended the sale through to the weekend.

Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

How's the Star Trek (beta) file?

Data east: Very. Attract mode is done, scoring is coloured. Hoping to get through some more of it soon.
Stern: It’s a pinball browser version and there isn’t enough memory available to do the whole colouring. A native Pin2dmd version is being worked on but I haven’t checked in on it for a bit.

Quoted from mrbillishere:

Perfect timing. Thanks for the discount.
I was just looking at getting into this last week but was a bit nervous that I'd have to spend time tracking down the right files via forums I have never joined, etc. etc. Suffice it to say I set the project to the side as I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew. Well, what a difference a week makes! I had no idea RetroCity-Arcade was packing these up all ready to go. That changes everything. I'm stoked. Just ordered two full, standard kits and it came to $440 shipped. Nice!

Thanks so much for your order! Everything should be in the box, ready to go and plug and play. If you do need any help, please contact us via the store email or on here and I’d be happy to help you, thanks!

#12 7 months ago

Is there a color file/kit for Stern KISS? Thanks

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Is there a color file/kit for Stern KISS? Thanks

There isn’t a colour file for Stern Kiss at the moment, but it’s on the list.

Thanks

#14 7 months ago

Hi Andrew, just to confirm: is your system (SD card) swappable from 1 game to another?

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Hi Andrew, just to confirm: is your system (SD card) swappable from 1 game to another?

Hi there, SD Card can be swapped to any game but some files on the card could be locked to the UID of the display. This is the authors choice and is not across all games, only some. If you've got or someone is offering a version of one of these locked games that can be swapped between systems, that is most likely an old outdated version without any locks and will have content missing, bugs etc and would be bypassing the author all together.

If you have any specific games in mind, let me know and I can tell you if they are swappable between systems.

Thanks

#16 7 months ago

does this come with the power tap for data east? I also see the option to have the file already added? so this will come with it activated, file on it, plug and play?

#17 7 months ago
Quoted from Bax1:

does this come with the power tap for data east? I also see the option to have the file already added? so this will come with it activated, file on it, plug and play?

That has been my experience, very quick swap time.

#18 7 months ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Data East all have the power pcb included in price.
Device is activated and file is ready to go plug and play. Just choose the game from the list and the price you see is the final price + shipping.

Nothing extra is needed to purchase or setup.

Instructions included with pictures, but if you need help you are more than welcome to reach out to us.

Thanks

#19 7 months ago

Do you sell the HD xl displays on their own not mounted to a panel? I'm thinking about converting a gottlieb and just starting to see who might sell displays.

#20 7 months ago

I just ordered one for World Poker Tour. Thank you for the discount!
BTW, My WPT has a LCD ColorDMD that I'm going to pull and put in my Avatar.
A bit of a work around, but hopefully works.

#21 7 months ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Do you sell the HD xl displays on their own not mounted to a panel? I'm thinking about converting a gottlieb and just starting to see who might sell displays.

I have a few units that aren't built with speaker panels, let me see what I can do.

Quoted from BobT:

I just ordered one for World Poker Tour. Thank you for the discount!
BTW, My WPT has a LCD ColorDMD that I'm going to pull and put in my Avatar.
A bit of a work around, but hopefully works.

Thank you for your order!

I believe the LCD dmd should work no problem in Avatar, WPT and Avatar are both SAM I believe and should have the same type of speaker panel. Besides the code which you will have to load via USB, it should be a straight swap. Happy to help you with that if you need a hand.

#22 7 months ago

Ordered one for my DE JP, Hook, LW3, TZ (color dmd lcd failed) and Bay Watch. Looking forward to seeing them!

#23 7 months ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Ordered one for my DE JP, Hook, LW3, TZ (color dmd lcd failed) and Bay Watch. Looking forward to seeing them!

Thanks for your order!

Just wanted to let everyone know we are going to work through the weekend to get as much as we can processed and packed. If anyone hasn’t seen a shipping notification yet, it will hopefully go out by Monday/Tuesday. There may be a small delay with replies but I will make sure to get back to everyone this weekend.

I’ve also found a small stash of key rings hiding away, so I’m making sure everyone who has ordered already will get one and we should have enough for another 15 people or so.

Thanks to everyone for the support!

#24 7 months ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I have sent you a message, thanks.

#25 7 months ago

I have bought 3 pin2dmd displays from retrocity. Andrew provides great service and support.

#26 7 months ago

I just received shipping notice on my purchase, and I ordered a couple days ago. Bravo on the speedy fulfillment!

#27 7 months ago

I have one of these in my Fish tales (that's for sale) and it's gorgeous, super simple install, plug and play, zero drama or effort beyond any other dmd replacement.

#28 7 months ago

Thanks for extending the sale through the weekend.
I bought displays for FT, STTNG, and TS!

1 week later
#29 7 months ago

Just received my order for our Party Zone. It literally took 5 minutes to install, and looks great!

Thanks!

-Paul

1 week later
#30 6 months ago

My order arrived last week but was too busy to install it until today. This is my third Pin2DMD but my first from RetroCity; this is a very nice product and the custom cut foam frame is a really nice touch and a real time saver --in my previous experiences I found not having foam directly along the top edge can let bright light bleed out in a very unpleasant way, so seeing a foam frame already perfectly cut and included in the package was a really nice surprise.

Hats off to the author of the RoadShow colorization, it's quite nice.

Thanks!

1 week later
#31 6 months ago

Just replaced a colordmd with a Pin2dmd in my sopranos. Heard the colorization was better and that it "popped" more. Absolutely true. Now that Andrew is offering these direct and at these prices, this is the way. Order a couple or more at a time to save some shipping. No better route IMHO.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.