649_(resized).jpg
647_(resized).jpg
646_(resized).jpg
645_(resized).jpg
644_(resized).jpg
image.jpg
Saturn_Battery.jpg
Saturn_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Hmm... I've got a 32" Sony CRT sitting in my garage to be thrown out. Never thought of using it for old gaming.
Then again... the thing is sooooo damn heavy.

I still use my Sony 36" vega xbr400 for retro consoles like the Dreamcast and use the component inputs for the SNES and RGB modded N64. Not many pixels due to the up scaling. This set weights in at 240 lbs. the 40" was 325 lbs or equal to 1 Twilight Zone pinball. You should drag that 32" back into the house! I just got a Sony 27" CRT Trinatron with s video and component inputs for free on CL Anchorage as a back up for when this beast finally dies.

http://www.engadget.com/products/sony/kv-36xbr400/specs/

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

People are giving this old stuff away and gamers have kind of built their own retro "shrine" around them complete with surround system, multiple consoles, and switch boxes. To me there is no comparison between using an old TV and a new flatscreen.

Yep, my wife thinks my retro "shrine" is ridiculous until it is time for her to play Mario Kart 64 and battle it out with me on Dr. Mario. I hope the analogue nt ends up looking nice on my Panisonic ZT60 plasma...fingers crossed. Oh and if you have a multicade...nothing available brand new on the mkt IMO beats the 27" Makvision CRT arcade monitor.

ebay.com link: Makvision 24 8 Tri Mode Flat Monitor CGA EGA VGA REPLACEMENT FOR GUN GAMES

#18 8 years ago

I moved the Toshiba 20" next to the Sony 36" so I can have nice pixels and scan lines for the NES games. Plus this smaller CRT tv does not have any upscaling so the gun games work.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#32 8 years ago

Some fun reproduction games I picked up for the NES and SNES with dip switches to change the game time if you don't want 6 min 21 sec. And two player Tetris using the Game Genie code to play the unfinished version.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retro-gamingaudiovideo-discussion?tu=litz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.