Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by slabbi
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6605bs (resized).jpg
    Foto 29.01.22, 14 23 55 (Small) (resized).jpg
    2021-10-22 14.32.32-1 (resized).jpg
    2021-10-22 14.32.33 (resized).jpg
    2021-09-06 09.02.21 (resized).jpg
    2021-09-06 09.01.46 (resized).jpg
    2021-09-06 09.01.27-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PghPinballRescue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

I already have the Neoloch, but with development halted, I was looking for alternatives and I saw this.

Neoloch is probably all I'll ever need, but this definitely looks interesting!

#16 2 years ago

I sent him an email, but he said he wont ship to USA anymore. Something about being sued.

#19 2 years ago

Maybe we can get a group-buy together with a 3rd party who is in his shipping location.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from slabbi:

Hi,
    I am the dev of the RCT. When you have any questions I am happy to answer these.
    But I have one request: Please do not post any documents in a public forum. Anyone can download the manual (and supported IC lists) from my website. All other documents are updated frequently and it is not a good idea if old documents are lying around in some forums, which can lead to errors (incorrect ordering of components, incorrect expectations because something has changed, etc.).
    Therefore my request to SCUBAking to remove the BOM from both forums. On request, I will be happy to send you the current version personally.
    Many Thanks,
    Stephan aka slabbi (8bit-Museum.de)

This is just my opinion, but I would suggest posting the BOM somewhere on your site for us to find. If its there, none of us could find it.

I would hold off on buying one until I had an idea of what the parts would cost, what parts I already have on hand, and if there were any surprise parts in the list that were hard to find in the US.

Having a Mouser shopping list would be ideal, as most of us in the US use them as a first line distributor. And even if we don't buy from them, we can print the list out and buy elsewhere or supply our own parts.

#40 2 years ago

Also, let me be the first to say: thank you for developing this board.

#51 2 years ago

If anyone here is unwilling or unable to solder these up, PM me and we'll make a deal.

I assume if you're here reading this and interested in 1 that your soldering skills are to par, but just in case.... I'm offering up my soldering services.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Definitely.
    I've edited my prior post and included a note in the Google "sheet" that I created.
    I'll use DigiKey for some parts. GPE is my normal go-to for parts. The support that Ed provides to the pinball community is of great value. I like to reward that. Not lobbying...and YMMV as always.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

My sentiments exactly. I order all my molex stuff from him. Caps not so much because I buy in bulk with all these monitors that I keep repairing.

2 months later
    #59 2 years ago

To anyone who has their's built: Can you give us some pros and cons of this vs. the Neoloch Tester?

I already have a Neoloch, but I love buying tools and I am on the fence for buying the RCT.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PghPinballRescue.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retro-chip-tester?tu=PghPinballRescue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.