(Topic ID: 37410)

Retro arcade in West Dundee, IL. Support your local arcades!

By ChadH

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Underground Retrocade is located at 121 W. Main Street in old downtown West Dundee, Illinois.

I highly recommend you check this place out. Over 160 classic arcade games... all your old favorites.

Plus a slowly growing classic pinball line up. Currently they have Space Shuttle, Black Knight, Blackout, Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball, Dungeons & Dragons, Johnny Mnemonic, Tales From The Crypt, Lost World, Doctor Who, Super Mario Bros, Operation Thunder, Doctor Who, Hook, Whirlwind, Party Animal, and GHOSTBUSTERS.

It's the kind of place where the lights are low and the 80's music is usually playing.

It is only $15 for unlimited play all day/night of all the games. Can't beat that deal! You can walk to the local bars/restaurants and then come back for more classic arcade action.

Please support these types of arcades!

Here is a current list of games:
http://www.undergroundretrocade.com/?page_id=40

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

what are the hours? Jpop

Current winter time hours...

Mon-Thu 5pm-11pm
Fri 5pm-1am
Sat 11am-1am
Sun 11a-11pm

#7 11 years ago

Bump

9 months later
#11 10 years ago

Bump. Plus I've updated the original post with current information. It's important for us to support these local arcades!!!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Crashnburn:

I checked out the place a few weeks ago and the only pin that was working was Space Shuttle. I had a good time playing all the games but I hope the next time I go, more pins will be working.

Four pins are up and running now.

#16 10 years ago

Yep... Mike and I have been helping out trying to keep the pins up and running. Buck Rogers does have working sound now. Xenon has been a battle... MPU corrosion issues that we are fighting... but it's been running for 8 days straight now. Fingers crossed.

Scott (the owner) lowered the $15 all-day price to $14 just in the past few days. You can also pay $10 for 1 hour... or $6 for 1/2 hour.

He had to close down for all of summer after they had that terrible rain storm and flooding which left the roof of the old place in bad shape. He reopened down the street in a bigger, better location just a couple months ago. The new location has a lot of room for expansion (there is a whole upstairs that is just as big as the main level and a lower level too!) and I know he is aching to expand if he can get the customers to come in and support him.

Scott really does this for the love of it. He is not doing this for the money. So he could really use all you guy's support. Would be a shame for him to have to close down. I am hoping these fall and winter months pick up for him.

When you stop in, talk to him and let him know that you love what he's doing and show him your support!!!

#18 10 years ago

Bumping for the Friday afternoon crowd who is looking to make evening plans.

#19 10 years ago

...and one more bump for the weekend crowd.

#21 10 years ago

There is now a 1987 Williams "Fire!" at the Underground Retrocade.

4 weeks later
#25 10 years ago

I've been talking with the owner of the Retroground Arcade. Times are tough.

It is very important that all of you anywhere near West Dundee support the arcade. The arcade is at risk of having to close down.

Please don't be one of those people who end up saying "I always meant to go there". He needs your support!

It's $14 for unlimited play all day. Most all of your favorite arcade games are there.

Go tonight! Go this weekend! Just go!

#28 10 years ago

Saturday evening bump. What better way to spend a Saturday night?

#29 10 years ago

Sunday bump.

You are looking for something to do today? Go back in time and enjoy a retro arcade here today!

#32 10 years ago

You must have gone soon after he reopened. Took a while to get everything up to speed. Waking around there a few days ago, most all the games seemed to be working.

All five pins have been running well for the past month. Please give it another chance.

1 month later
#37 10 years ago

Bump.

The owner, Scott, just posted on Facebook today that all games on the floor are up and running. Keeping 80+ classic arcade games running is no small feat. Show him some love and visit this weekend!

1 month later
#38 10 years ago

Blackout has been added back to the lineup of pins.

7 months later
#44 9 years ago

Bally's Dungeons & Dragons is now available to play at the Underground Retrocade. This addition marks the second pin added this month and brings their pin collection to a total of 8 games, and overall games to 108, all of which are available to play every day for the single low fee of $15.

1 month later
#45 9 years ago

Comet and Johnny Mnemonic are now available for play at the arcade.

This brings the location's total to 9 pins... along with the 102 arcade games they now have 111 games available for play!

Sounds like a great way to spend a day this weekend... huh?

http://undergroundretrocade.com/

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Those additions sound awesome

They totally are. Who is the cool mysterious benefactor?

5 months later
#48 8 years ago

bump... because... why not?

7 months later
#51 8 years ago

Lost World was recently added... along with Tales From The Crypt with the updated 4.00 code.

1 month later
#52 8 years ago

Doctor Who now available to play. Come on down! What's stopping you?

2 months later
#54 8 years ago

Party Animal and Data East Star Wars (with latest unreleased code) recently added to the game floor.

#56 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#62 8 years ago

Besides the pinball room, there are 140+ classic arcade games here... filling two stories. Plenty of space. Not cramped at all. Nice open aisles. A couple couches and tables with stools to relax on. It's on the main street right next to many restaurants and bars so you can come and go as you please during your visit. Easy free parking in the back.

#63 8 years ago

dupe

11 months later
#64 7 years ago

A bump for Whirlwind being added to the game floor today. Because... who doesn't love Whirlwind?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 18.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

£ 110.00
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retro-arcade-in-east-dundee-il-support-your-local-arcades?tu=chadh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.