(Topic ID: 10934)

Rethinking custom theme

By Slaymetender

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I was playing RFM yesterday and really liked the comical approach to the game. I was thinking the custom theme I'd make would be "Hellraiser" but now am thinking of something more funny. "Team America" is tops on my list now. Anybody have any other ideas that haven't been done before?

#2 12 years ago

Stepbrothers

Catalina Wine Mixer Multiball *POwPOw*

Is he saying POW?

#3 12 years ago

Trains, Planes and Automobiles.

Those aren't pillows.....

#4 12 years ago

No way!!!!!!!!!Stick with Hellraiser!!! That is a winning theme and the right person would pay for such a pin if you ever needed to sell.

#5 12 years ago

Monty Python's Holy Grail

Holy Handgrenade of Antioch multiball....Thou shall count to three. Not two except when proceeding directly to three...not four. And five is right out!

Run away, Run away Hurry Ups

Knights who say Ni! pop bumpers (like homer's D'oh in TSPP)

Castle of Anthrax rescue mode (collect virgins)

Black Knight - Tis only a flesh wound battle. Like MSF where you put the monster together, only here you're taking the knight apart with various shots.

The list goes on....

#6 12 years ago

1. Arrested Development
    2. Lebowski

#7 12 years ago

Space Ghost

#8 12 years ago

i actually watched that movie for the first time this morning on netflix

planes, trains and automobiles, i mean. funny movie.

#9 12 years ago

Yeah, I think Hellraiser would of rocked as well. Team America sounds good. Here are my suggestions for a comical pin:
    -Calvin and Hobbes
    -Futurama
    -Wicker Man (the Nicholas Cage version)
    -Dr. Strangelove
    -Lupin the Third (anime series)
    -Danger: Diabolik
    -Mystery Science Theater 3000
    -Blazing Saddles
    -Young Frankenstein

#10 12 years ago

Hmm, got some thinking to do. My concept team is much more atune with Hellraiser, than they would be for a comedic one. I'll think it over. I've got to find ways for the game play to be diverse in "Hellraiser".

#11 12 years ago

Dumb & Dumber

#12 12 years ago

want gore/horror with humor? Shaun of the dead perhaps?

#13 12 years ago

Lebowski is one I would love to see...

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Lebowski is one I would love to see...

+2

#16 12 years ago

Someone already did a Futurama custom.

#17 12 years ago

Wow great ideas. I'm split between Wicker Man (not very quotable but I am glad someone else appreciates it) Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Holy Grail.

MST300 for Art
    Holy Grail for quotes and modes.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Someone already did a Futurama custom.

I'm not surprised. It's a no-brainer. I am surprised, however, that Stern hasn't done a Futurama pin. JJP should snatch up the rights.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I'm split between Wicker Man (not very quotable but I am glad someone else appreciates it)

What? These aren't good enough for you?

#20 12 years ago

My favorite scene is when he knocks that big girl out haha.

#21 12 years ago

Pulp Fiction would be the tops for me. With a film with so many pop culture references and characters it would fit nicely. PF is hilarious as well, as much a comedy as anything else.

Quoted from DEVILinIRON:

-Calvin and Hobbes

Awesome choice!

#22 12 years ago

Still waffeling. Luckily I don't have to decide till I shop and sell off a few current pins to fund the custom project. I'd really like to do Hellraiser, having trouble designing shots/rules in my head for that one. It's so easy with properties that were funny for some reason!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rethinking-custom-theme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.