By PantherCityPins

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cleopatra (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

I did the second option with a P3-ROC on a Hot Tip that was partially destroyed in a fire. It's pretty straight forward, just a lot of cutting out of stuff. Bonus you will be set for extra EM parts for a long time!

Plus once I did that, then I could create more elaborate light shows, added multiball, replaced the captive ball with a latching ball lock, put in modern music, etc...

My only real advice from experience is figure out what voltages you want to use. I made the game work fine with a 24VDC power supply (as most of the original coils were powered with a mix of 24V AC and some DC). But once I added more mechs like the ball latch, I needed to go up to 48V to get them to function correctly. Only thing I would have done different would have been go straight to 48VDC. With MPF you can fine tune the power to you're liking.

#4 1 year ago

No it's a great off the shelf homebrew pinball controller solution. It's very flexible to your project needs. You can also consider the products by Fast as well, or if on a budget, CobraPin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retheming-custom-surf-champ?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.