Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KerryD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

So I picked up a mostly working Silverball Mania with a very hosed PF and a backglass missing large chunks of graphics...

...it got me thinking....if there was ever a time for a retheme, now might be it.

I'd like to keep the playfield layout and the rules so I don't need custom boards (although I would love to find the rumored tweak to the center horseshoe shot not spotting a letter each time). So with that in mind, I need to convert the letters SILVERBALL MANIA into a new theme with the same number of characters. So far I have thought of:

*ToyStory* Mania
WWFWrestle Mania
**Castle** Vania

(the *'s fill in for needed inserts to match SILVERBALL)

Anyone have any other thoughts? Any ideas around the themes I've proposed? For example, if I went the WWFWrestle Mania route I was thinking the horseshoe shot is the ring, the kickback between the flippers would be like bouncing off the ropes etc.

#2 1 year ago

I don't see any reason to keep the inserts as letters - they could be items, symbols, or whatever else you can think of. It opens up the possibilities.

#3 1 year ago

True...I've also given some thought to using the classic Epcot Center logos I remember as a kid on trips to Disney....backglass is spaceship earth...all the future world stuff is the silverball inserts. (And the backglass "shape" would probably work with the lightboard inserts)

Quoted from roffels:

I don't see any reason to keep the inserts as letters - they could be items, symbols, or whatever else you can think of. It opens up the possibilities.

#4 1 year ago

Also- why stick with Mania for the last word?

And for Silverball you could have two words easily with a symbol between them.

That said WWF is fun and it does sorta fit. So thats my current vote

#5 1 year ago

Honestly I'm open to suggestions. I just know if I do it I don't want to move inserts around or change the lightboard in the backglass.....going for the keep it simple approach. The more I look at my classic Epcot idea it could work. Backglass shape is strikingly similar .

Quoted from rufessor:

Also- why stick with Mania for the last word?
And for Silverball you could have two words easily with a symbol between them.
That said WWF is fun and it does sorta fit. So thats my current vote

#6 1 year ago

Silver surfer with some blanks.

#7 1 year ago

So basically you're looking for a 5 lettered word. lol

How about some kind of original theme man like "jackpot junkies" or something, I've been itching to do some totally out there custom playfield with all original comic book styled art, Ed Roth meets Mad Mag, all hand drawn and a sick clear coat over it.

#8 1 year ago

Monster Island

Godzilla retheme

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 21.00
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside