Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BN2YxYWMyOTYtZDM3NS00NGU0LWEwZTQtZmRmZGUyNDM5NzUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,29,303,170_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (
    Pinside thread WDPVIDEO.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Valorguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

First of all - I am saddened to have to post this. I received retaliatory feedback (Negative) from this guy after he sold me an Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure - that wasn't as described. I did post negative feedback after he stopped responding to me completely.

I have the whole thread available for viewing by anyone interested (Attached). The guy didn't get back to me to resolve the issue for almost 1 month. He says he was out of town, but we all know he has control of his banking and a cell phone while out of town. He got back and didn't offer anything that I thought was fair for the situation. Then he decided that waiting 3 days for me to determine whether to keep the game or take a partial refund was too long, and stopped responding to my PMs.

Robin (Pinside guy) spoke with me about this and agreed that he didn't tell the truth about the cabinet. The playfield is also very worn with several "Gouges" near the flippers. It's not "Pretty much mint" as he describes in the attached thread. You can see the pictures I posted in that thread.

In any case, what would you guys do - go ahead and sue him for misrepresentation in small claims court. I have a trip near to where he lives soon, so that will be easy fortunately. I have sent a PM the moderators and robin to intervene for the retaliation feedback, but just looking for other ideas.

Image is the copy of the thread between us - you'll have to open it and download before it gets big enough to see everything.

Pinside thread WDPVIDEO.pdfPinside thread WDPVIDEO.pdf
    #15 5 years ago

Thanks for the info - keep it coming. Trying to decide what to do.

This POS seller won't respond at all to me now.... He claims he does this for a living - restoring games... So it was "Pretty much mint" from out thread you can see.

So for the small claims court, I would garnish wages if I get a judgment. Definitely have to work my trip around that date - but i could do that.

For the refund ($500 back)... He won't respond.

As you can see from the post I did make a decision - but he will not respond now. He won't make any effort. You can;t say I didn't try after waiting a month on him lol.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Without hearing your phone conversations, it’s impossible for us to know everything that was said.
    I read the back and forth and I would recommend in the future you ask for a LOT more pictures. I always point buyers to a Dropbox with full resolution pictures for them to look at and offer to take more of any area they request.
    About the only thing I can fault the seller with was not disclosing the scratch above the flipper. That playfield actually looks really good for an IJ - I don’t see any wear around the central inserts like many of them have.
    His offer of a $500 rebate or taking the game back was the right thing to do. You probably should have been a little quicker to respond to his offer. Hopefully you’ll give him an immediate answer should he respond back at this point. Take the $500 and sell it to someone else.

Good point.... I was sick the whole weekend and didn't have mind on the deal, probably because he let it go almost a month before getting back with a resolution. If he were to respond I would send an immediate answer for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Valorguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retaliation-feedback-from-bad-seller-wdpvideo?tu=Valorguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.