Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BN2YxYWMyOTYtZDM3NS00NGU0LWEwZTQtZmRmZGUyNDM5NzUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,29,303,170_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (
    Pinside thread WDPVIDEO.pdf (PDF preview)

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

First of all - I am saddened to have to post this. I received retaliatory feedback (Negative) from this guy after he sold me an Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure - that wasn't as described. I did post negative feedback after he stopped responding to me completely.

I have the whole thread available for viewing by anyone interested (Attached). The guy didn't get back to me to resolve the issue for almost 1 month. He says he was out of town, but we all know he has control of his banking and a cell phone while out of town. He got back and didn't offer anything that I thought was fair for the situation. Then he decided that waiting 3 days for me to determine whether to keep the game or take a partial refund was too long, and stopped responding to my PMs.

Robin (Pinside guy) spoke with me about this and agreed that he didn't tell the truth about the cabinet. The playfield is also very worn with several "Gouges" near the flippers. It's not "Pretty much mint" as he describes in the attached thread. You can see the pictures I posted in that thread.

In any case, what would you guys do - go ahead and sue him for misrepresentation in small claims court. I have a trip near to where he lives soon, so that will be easy fortunately. I have sent a PM the moderators and robin to intervene for the retaliation feedback, but just looking for other ideas.

Image is the copy of the thread between us - you'll have to open it and download before it gets big enough to see everything.

Pinside thread WDPVIDEO.pdfPinside thread WDPVIDEO.pdf
    #2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Valorguy:

In any case, what would you guys do - go ahead and sue him for misrepresentation in small claims court.

Regardless of who's right or wrong, small claims is pretty pointless in this situation.
    Say you win a verdict. Then what? How are you going to collect any potential judgement?
    Unfortunately that's the hard part.
    If you're sure that you are in the right there's not much more to do than publicly calling attention to the situation so others would be aware.

#3 5 years ago

Seller is right. You're being a PitA. Send the game back and take your refund if you don't like the game.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Regardless of who's right or wrong, small claims is pretty pointless in this situation.
    Say you win a verdict. Then what? How are you going to collect any potential judgement?
    Unfortunately that's the hard part.
    If you're sure that you are in the right there's not much more to do than publicly calling attention to the situation so others would be aware.

I partially agree, but with a judgment, you can ask a lawyer to garnish wages. Also, that judgment will generally attach a lien to any real property judgment debtor owns in that jurisdiction.

Depending on the amount though, it may not be worth the aggravation and time.

#5 5 years ago

Why would you buy anything "As Described" from someone you don't know? I see you posted pictures but did you request and view pictures thoroughly Before you made the purchase? Possibly to him this is a great condition game, maybe not according to your standards. Thats why As Described means nothing unless you are him.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Why would you buy anything "As Described" from someone you don't know? I see you posted pictures but did you request and view pictures thoroughly Before you made the purchase? Possibly to him this is a great condition game, maybe not according to your standards. Thats why As Described means nothing unless you are him.

Let's not shame the OP for doing something he, IN HINDSIGHT, shouldn't have done. It's like adding salt to the wound. I'm sure he's learned his lesson.

#7 5 years ago

I don’t know what more the seller could do other than offer a refund including shipping, which it sounds like he did? That’s kind of the textbook definition of making things right.

Sorry things didn’t work out, and I’m sure after posting this he’ll absolutely honor that arrangement.

To me this seemed like pretty minor stuff and I’d have taken the $500. If you’re super OCD about scuffs and whatnot I’d highly suggest not buying anything without seeing it in person.

#8 5 years ago

But I do get it, this was priced for a CQ game and you didn’t receive that. Best of luck!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I partially agree, but with a judgment, you can ask a lawyer to garnish wages. Also, that judgment will generally attach a lien to any real property judgment debtor owns in that jurisdiction.
    Depending on the amount though, it may not be worth the aggravation and time.

Agree completely. I was thinking the potential amount would not justify collection efforts.

#10 5 years ago

I see both sides but if the seller is willing to refund shipping costs, then the buyer is made whole. You can’t beat that. I would be concerned about shipping the game back before receiving payment but I am sure that could be dealt with.

#11 5 years ago

After reviewing the ad I’d ABSOLUTELY buy this at $7500!

OK... so seller: please give buyer the $500 back... cheaper than refunding the shipping and shipping back.

Buyer: hit me up when you get the $500 back. If you still aren’t satisfied with the game I’ll take it at $7500 and will arrange shipping.

xo

#12 5 years ago

Send the game back. Sounds like a pretty reasonable outcome to me.

#13 5 years ago

You had 2 great options $500 or full refund including shipping. You chose neither this is totally on you.

#14 5 years ago

You are being a total dick. Stop it. Stop it now. You were offered a full refund. End of story.
    Jeez.

#15 5 years ago

Thanks for the info - keep it coming. Trying to decide what to do.

This POS seller won't respond at all to me now.... He claims he does this for a living - restoring games... So it was "Pretty much mint" from out thread you can see.

So for the small claims court, I would garnish wages if I get a judgment. Definitely have to work my trip around that date - but i could do that.

For the refund ($500 back)... He won't respond.

As you can see from the post I did make a decision - but he will not respond now. He won't make any effort. You can;t say I didn't try after waiting a month on him lol.

#16 5 years ago

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Valorguy:

I received retaliatory feedback (Negative) from this guy after he sold me an Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure - that wasn't as described.

After reviewing the feedback, we determined that none of the feedback comments (either the your's or the seller's) fell under the category of trolling, personal attacks, or retaliatory feedback.

Both of you were involved with a deal, and it seems there was some dissatisfaction with the way it turned out. It happens. Both of you took the opportunity to post feedback and included a response to the other person's feedback. None of the feedback comments broke any rules, so the comments are acceptable from a moderation standpoint.

#18 5 years ago

Read the back and forth, way too many questions from you making you look pretty picky.
    If you’re a perfectionist and or very picky, and can’t be comfortable with the pictures from the game- do not buy a game you can’t see in person where you can put the cash on the glass.
    These games are 20-25 years old now and most were routed. What do you really expect?
    Just seems like a lot of pins bought in the last couple of years at high prices and certain buyers trying to offset the cost from normal wear and tear to their liking after it arrives.

$1000+ for decals because of a few scratches? Cmon man.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Valorguy:

So for the small claims court, I would garnish wages if I get a judgment.

Only if you win. The photos show all the defects. You didn't bother to look at them until you had the game.

#20 5 years ago

Jesus tap dancing christ

#21 5 years ago

Without hearing your phone conversations, it’s impossible for us to know everything that was said.

I read the back and forth and I would recommend in the future you ask for a LOT more pictures. I always point buyers to a Dropbox with full resolution pictures for them to look at and offer to take more of any area they request.

About the only thing I can fault the seller with was not disclosing the scratch above the flipper. That playfield actually looks really good for an IJ - I don’t see any wear around the central inserts like many of them have.

His offer of a $500 rebate or taking the game back was the right thing to do. You probably should have been a little quicker to respond to his offer. Hopefully you’ll give him an immediate answer should he respond back at this point. Take the $500 and sell it to someone else.

#22 5 years ago

I'm siding with the seller on this one. He seemed more than willing to give you a full refund or even a partial refund that he didn't have to offer you. If you didn't look at the pictures in the ad, that's totally on you. I mean, its a 24 year old pin. You expect perfection and still at a discount price? I don't at all blame the seller for finally getting fed up with you and just telling you to forget it. You seem waaaay too demanding and prickly to be buying classic pins anyways. Maybe, stick with NIB from now on.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Without hearing your phone conversations, it’s impossible for us to know everything that was said.
    I read the back and forth and I would recommend in the future you ask for a LOT more pictures. I always point buyers to a Dropbox with full resolution pictures for them to look at and offer to take more of any area they request.
    About the only thing I can fault the seller with was not disclosing the scratch above the flipper. That playfield actually looks really good for an IJ - I don’t see any wear around the central inserts like many of them have.
    His offer of a $500 rebate or taking the game back was the right thing to do. You probably should have been a little quicker to respond to his offer. Hopefully you’ll give him an immediate answer should he respond back at this point. Take the $500 and sell it to someone else.

Good point.... I was sick the whole weekend and didn't have mind on the deal, probably because he let it go almost a month before getting back with a resolution. If he were to respond I would send an immediate answer for sure.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jousley:

I'm siding with the seller on this one. He seemed more than willing to give you a full refund or even a partial refund that he didn't have to offer you. If you didn't look at the pictures in the ad, that's totally on you. I mean, its a 24 year old pin. You expect perfection and still at a discount price? I don't at all blame the seller for finally getting fed up with you and just telling you to forget it. You seem waaaay too demanding and prickly to be buying classic pins anyways. Maybe, stick with NIB from now on.

SO totally agree. After taking some time to read all the notes the seller was about as stand up as you will find in this industry selling a 25 year old game. The buyer was Clearly just trying to extort some feel good cash out of the seller and wouldn’t take no for an answer to Surprisingly the seller gave up listening to your extortion. Sheesh. He practically Begged you to take a full refund at his loss over and over but you wanted your free prize or threaten to post your secret diary. I would So still do business with this seller, you however not a chance sorry.

#25 5 years ago

"Johnny, it's time for another exciting round of pinsider death match"

MV5BN2YxYWMyOTYtZDM3NS00NGU0LWEwZTQtZmRmZGUyNDM5NzUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,29,303,170_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (MV5BN2YxYWMyOTYtZDM3NS00NGU0LWEwZTQtZmRmZGUyNDM5NzUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,29,303,170_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_ (
    #26 5 years ago

Closed at the request of the OP.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retaliation-feedback-from-bad-seller-wdpvideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.