Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a166cf22aaf8a328e9d84d2343c09bec (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Bond (resized).jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

WARNING: Pinside user: Csulli1023

So I respond to the seller's ad for a Fish Tales. I made an offer and the seller stated that they cannot go lower than a certain amount. I told them to let me know if they change their mind

A day or two later I see the price dropped. So I reach out again. I'm told seller said he had 2 other people interested and would let me know if anything falls through.

Seller contacts me and said he needs the cash and if we can agree on the original price, they would agree to it. They also stated they would only agree to the price if I did not re-negotiate. I only made 1 offer and I do not renegotiate. I suspect this was stated because the pictures showed a much poorer condition of the machine than the ad states. And if I saw the machine in person, they suspected I was likely to change the offer price.

I ask seller when will I be able to pick up. Seller indicates that she needs to speak with her husband. I noticed the next day that the e-mail thread had been deleted and the ad pulled. I contacted seller suspecting that the game was sold. I was told that a previous buyer showed up and offered full asking price +200.

I then left negative feedback stating that seller sold the machine to another buyer after agreeing on a price

My feedback
    Quote: “Agreed to purchase Fish Tales machine and then seller decides to sell machine to a previous buyer who offered more money. Buyer beware.”

Seller then responds to the feedback
    Quote: “Awful buyer, comes to house and tries to renegotiate

And leaves me negative feedback
    Quote: "Ridiculous lowballer who shows up at your house and nitpicks to try and get more off, seller beware. This guy is a total scammer.

I never went to the sellers house. I don't even know where they live. And I did not renegotiate. My original offer was the only offer I made. I guess the seller didn't like being called out on selling to another buyer after agreeing on a price so they made up a story.

#2 4 years ago

you probably should have just dropped it and moved on and not left negative feedback

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

you probably should have just dropped it and moved on and not left negative feedback

I've agreed to sell many things at a certain price. I have never agreed to a deal and then sold to someone else if they offered more money. It's not something I do. As such, I expect the same in return. A deal is a deal. And if you sell to someone else after we agree on a deal, expect to be called out on it.

But no need for lies in giving someone feedback.

#4 4 years ago

Making stuff up is pretty shady, it would cause me to not do business with this seller...
    Youre probably better off that you didnt get the game

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

Quote: "Ridiculous lowballer who shows up at your house and nitpicks to try and get more off, seller beware. This guy is a total scammer.

I never went to the sellers house. I don't even know where they live. And I did not renegotiate. My original offer was the only offer I made. I guess the seller didn't like being called out on selling to another buyer after agreeing on a price so they made up a story.

If the seller is on Pinside, who is it ? People may want to avoid them.

LTG : )

#6 4 years ago

Is this eBay? Neither side should fret over it, as those negs can be lifted with explanation. We've gone over this before here...

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pinside user: Csulli1023

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A quick check on the OP's feedback shows that it's Csulli1023.

(O.P. beat me by 5 seconds)

#9 4 years ago

Here's the ad with user comments

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fish-tales-great-shape

I suspect that they didn't want any renegotiation because there would be issues in person that I would see that would conflict with the ad description.

#10 4 years ago

I think a post like this one is a fair avenue to let people know about the seller, but that the feedback left is not. Feedback should be based on transactions between a buyer and a seller, not a potential buyer and potential seller. Fortunately for you, the only thing you lost is your time.

Obviously the feedback left by the potential seller is a bit out there, but I can see them doing something like (not agreeing with it) that to a potential buyer that left feedback for a transaction that didn't happen.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think a post like this one is a fair avenue to let people know about the seller, but that the feedback left is not. Feedback should be based on transactions between a buyer and a seller, not a potential buyer and potential seller. Fortunately for you, the only thing you lost is your time.
    Obviously the feedback left by the potential seller is a bit out there, but I can see them doing something like (not agreeing with it) that to a potential buyer that left feedback for a transaction that didn't happen.

I certainly would expect something like "Sorry, we couldn't make a deal"

But I came to their house? Seriously?

#12 4 years ago

It's always dumb to leave negative feedback on deals that don't happen, that's really not the point of the feedback system. Not sure what you expected in return. A glowing response? An apology? A check in the mail?

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

But I came to their house? Seriously?

Quoted from Cmjb13:

I never went to the sellers house. I don't even know where they live.

Wait, in your first post you stated you did not go there...? ^^^

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like a lot of people on here trying to cover their own asses in case they can make a few hundos extra after agreeing to a sale...

I'm with Lloyd on this one, who is it?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I did not.

But of all things to write, that I would just get up and decide to go to someone's house. Who does that?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Yes I think he's saying he made up coming to sellers house

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's always dumb to leave negative feedback on deals that don't happen, that's really not the point of the feedback system. Not sure what you expected in return. A glowing response? An apology? A check in the mail?

Then call it dumb. I see lots of negative feedback from people who have agreed to sell and then backed out. Either flaking out or just deciding to sell it to someone else for more money.

I had another guy about 2 months ago do the same thing. Agreed on a different machine and then he said someone showed up to his place and offered him full asking price so he sold it. What is with people these days? If you want a bidding war, sell on ebay.

A deal is a deal. I guess honesty and keeping one's word is severely lacking these days.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

I did not.

But of all things to write, that I would just get up and decide to go to someone's house. Who does that?

Ah, I see where that came from now. Makes me wonder if someone DID try that with the seller and perhaps they confused you and them?

#19 4 years ago

You did the right thing, there should be some measure of accountability, a persons word is their Bond, if their word means nothing
    then negative feedback is a minor price to pay.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

Then call it dumb. I see lots of negative feedback from people who have agreed to sell and then backed out. Either flaking out or just deciding to sell it to someone else for more money.

I had another guy about 2 months ago do the same thing. Agreed on a different machine and then he said someone showed up to his place and offered him full asking price so he sold it. What is with people these days?

A deal is a deal. I guess honesty and keeping one's word is severely lacking these days.

#21 4 years ago

It's pretty common, albeit a tad shitty, that a seller will not live up to their word and sell it to another for more money.

It's somewhat part of the game. It sucks, but it is what it is. Not worth getting upset about enough to leave feedback.

Now, back to Little House on the Prairie I go.

#22 4 years ago

LOL ,! And for the record. No relation!

#23 4 years ago

It sucks that they backed out and then lied about you but......they gave you a lot of clues before you got that far.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I disagree - part of the deal here is one’s reputation as a good buyer/seller. Sure, there are various ways to give said feedback but there IS a reason you can give negative feedback

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

I did not.

Do you think it’s possible you weren’t the only buyer he screwed over and he’s getting you mixed up with someone else ?

#26 4 years ago

So you left a negative feedback for a deal that didn’t happen. C’mon man, of course folks get pissed.

Pissed off folks get vindictive. Which is what happened. Growing and learning man, it’s forward momentum.

#27 4 years ago

It is not etched in stone that this is a bad seller. It seems to me, that they are a bad almost seller, as far as you are concerned! Have you ever inquired about a pinball for sale on Craigslist(where this kind of negotiation exchange is common place)? They possibly sold the game to someone else for $1800.00, and If I was the one who bought it for that price, I would say they are a very good seller. Now this is playing devils advocate in this case, but I am leaning towards, not giving actual feedback on a non transaction. You could have just started a new thread warning others about the experience.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you think it’s possible you weren’t the only buyer he screwed over and he’s getting you mixed up with someone else ?

Possible, but doubtful.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

It sucks that they backed out and then lied about you but......they gave you a lot of clues before you got that far.

Yeah, shame on me for giving someone the benefit of the doubt

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

It is not etched in stone that this is a bad seller. It seems to me that they are a bad almost seller, as far as you are concerned!

IMO, once a deal is agreed to, negative feedback is deserved whether the seller changes his mind 1 minute later or right as I’m loading the machine

If a deal was never agreed to, different story

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

So I respond to the seller's ad for a Fish Tales. I made an offer and the seller stated that they cannot go lower than a certain amount. I told them to let me know if they change their mind
    A day or two later I see the price dropped. So I reach out again. I'm told seller said he had 2 other people interested and would let me know if anything falls through.
    Seller contacts me and said he needs the cash and if we can agree on the original price, they would agree to it. They also stated they would only agree to the price if I did not re-negotiate. I only made 1 offer and I do not renegotiate. I suspect this was stated because the pictures showed a much poorer condition of the machine than the ad states. And if I saw the machine in person, they suspected I was likely to change the offer price.
    I ask seller when will I be able to pick up. Seller indicates that she needs to speak with her husband. I noticed the next day that the e-mail thread had been deleted and the ad pulled. I contacted seller suspecting that the game was sold. I was told that a previous buyer showed up and offered full asking price +200.
    I then left negative feedback stating that seller sold the machine to another buyer after agreeing on a price
    My feedback
    Quote: “Agreed to purchase Fish Tales machine and then seller decides to sell machine to a previous buyer who offered more money. Buyer beware.”

I think that is exactly what feedback is for...
    Letting others know the good, the bad, and what to expect.
    I don't see anything wrong with it.

#32 4 years ago

The bottom line is there are a lot of Nut Balls that sell pinball machines. I have had my share...

#33 4 years ago

The hobby is notoriously filled with weirdos...none of us though, obviously, we’re all great and totally normal

Also, deal fell through, happens, I’d move on. Have had people pull similar shit several times. Seriously there are some cool people on one end of the spectrum in pinball and then some real shitbirds on the other end. Ignore and live life.

#34 4 years ago

We could all whine about how we've been mistreated in life but even when you're right you end up sounding like a whiny "B". So if you cant say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

#35 4 years ago

The seller was out of line. The machine was
    Most likely not as described. I would leave negative feedback as well. A crappy move from the seller. Keep looking and you will find an nice machine. You get what you pay for!!! Buy from a reliable source and there are many are on this site!

#36 4 years ago

if you turn a blind eye, then sellers will keep doing this. Feedback is there for a reason. Thank you for the warning.

#37 4 years ago

You said the last word you heard from seller was that she needed to confer with husband. That does not sound like an agreement to a deal at all.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

You said the last word you heard from seller was that she needed to confer with husband. That does not sound like an agreement to a deal at all.

They already agreed to the price.

She said she has to confer with her husband in when I could pick up and if he could help me load it.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

I've agreed to sell many things at a certain price. I have never agreed to a deal and then sold to someone else if they offered more money. It's not something I do. As such, I expect the same in return. A deal is a deal.

You're expecting too much in 2019. This "sell to someone else with more money, even if the deal was already done" is happening more and more. Happened to me a couple times on pinside, too. But I didn't bother with feedback. They already showed what kind of person they were, why would I want to provoke them?

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

You're expecting too much in 2019. This "sell to someone else with more money, even if the deal was already done" is happening more and more. Happened to me a couple times on pinside, too. But I didn't bother with feedback. They already showed what kind of person they were, why would I want to provoke them?

I owe it to myself and to others to warn them about people like this

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

I owe it to myself and to others to warn them about people like this

I personally appreciate the heads-up but agree that leaving feedback on uncompleted deals is a slippery slope. My experience with pinsiders has been much better than dealing with the “general public” but unfortunately you still need to always have your guard up. I would have moved on given the disconnect between the description and pictures, and definitely after your conversation with them. It took me a couple regrettable purchases to learn that an even better deal will almost always come along, and to avoid sellers that can’t even take the time to clean the playfield before selling.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

You agree to "not renegotiate" even though you believed "the pictures showed a much poorer condition"? Brilliant!

I realize you are trying to help the community (with your feedback), however I can't say I'd trust your opinion when you sound like a "bad buyer"!

#43 4 years ago

Okay I guess Pinside has a short attention span.
    This isn’t the first, or second OR third... OR FOURTH time someone has had an issue with this seller. I’ve watched their for sale ads many times and they’ve been mentioned in the regional for sale threads.
    This person is one of those typical shyster facebook flippers. They list lots of desirable games constantly with total ass pictures saying “perfectly working 100% come get it!” Then delete the ad and repost it again for like $800 more.
    Just click on the little forum button and scroll through ads they’ve made.

The most notorious was a non-working F2K they posted for very, very good price, it blew up and they blew off like 5 people and relisted it for even more, then it sat for a while till someone really paid up for it. They actually relisted it again after that. They relist and relist as if Pinside is eBay or some BS

I usually just make my own personal mental note and move on, rather than face the wraith of the peanut gallery, or Levi

But it’s wrong to dogpile on this poor guy when the seller is a total tool. They should go back to Facebook Market with their garbage tactics. Also hilariously enough there is another post who praises them in their ads who lives in NJ and has their own thread about being a bad seller.

Birds of a feather folks!
    (P.S. there’s nothing inherently wrong with flipping, so don’t get all offended. But constantly listing things at low prices to bait folks and then jacking up prices CONSISTENTLY is just scummy. I mean at least do basic research and just learn where to price your machines!)

(P.P.S. Leaving bad feedback for a deal that fell through = bad idea, not the purpose for the system.
    Making a thread to alert the community and allow the seller to give their half the story = exactly why we have sub-forums.
    I’d probably have a lot of negative feedback for deals that never worked out. That’s just the nature of the hobby/business. Try not to take it personal)

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

a persons word is their Bond

Connery is my Bond. Always will be.

Bond (resized).jpgBond (resized).jpg
    #45 4 years ago

Plenty of other Fishtails out there ........ You should be thankful you did'nt end up with that overpriced misrepresented game.

We would have never heard the end of it.

Its over move on, no big deal.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Okay I guess Pinside has a short attention span.
    This isn’t the first, or second OR third... OR FOURTH time someone has had an issue with this seller. I’ve watched their for sale ads many times and they’ve been mentioned in the regional for sale threads.

Pinside should consider suspending their account for abuse of the feedback system and sales section if they engage in this behavior.

#47 4 years ago

This one look REALLY good but needs a shop job . Make Rob a reasonable offer he is a fair guy. Color and PF are near perfect.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87118

#48 4 years ago

Over the years I've learnt if it's not meant to be , it's not meant to be . Sounds like you dodged a bullet . Fishtails is a great game and there are lots of them out there , hope you catch a good one .

#49 4 years ago

I recently bought a skateball from this seller. Transaction went fine. Game was as described. Only issue was the game had a padlock on the coin door and no key that I had to cut off. Game was a project though but booted up and played when I dropped a quarter in it. It was what I expected for the price.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

(P.P.S. Leaving bad feedback for a deal that fell through = bad idea, not the purpose for the system.
    Making a thread to alert the community and allow the seller to give their half the story = exactly why we have sub-forums.
    I’d probably have a lot of negative feedback for deals that never worked out. That’s just the nature of the hobby/business. Try not to take it personal)

Look, if you're an upstanding seller, you don't need to worry about bad feedback. If you're a little shady and pull deals after the fact, then you made your bed you're lying in. Why search through years of posts to get a feel for a person when the feedback system is a mechanism to do it right there for you?

Noone deserves the benefit of the doubt when we're giving them our money, and if you have a lousy reputation whether it's selling games not as described or being suspect in your dealings, it's better for the group to know and avoid you or else the whole system will trend towards the lowest common denominator.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retaliation-feedback-from-bad-seller-csulli1023?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.