Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a166cf22aaf8a328e9d84d2343c09bec (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Bond (resized).jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

I hate when people agree to a price then accept a higher offer. Totally dishonest thing to do. Almost equally bad is offering a higher price when you know a deal has been made. Both sleazy practices. People should have more honesty and decency. Not worth selling your honor for a few bucks.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Okay I guess Pinside has a short attention span. This isn’t the first, or second OR third... OR FOURTH time someone has had an issue with this seller.

My real concern is that if this is the case and I have no doubt that it's true, why hasn't anyone posted negative (or at least neutral) feedback for this seller just to give potential buyers a heads up?

Is it just not worth the effort?

A potential buyer could see that the seller has no negative feedback. Nobody would know there are potential issues in reality.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

It's pretty common, albeit a tad shitty, that a seller will not live up to their word and sell it to another for more money.
    It's somewhat part of the game. It sucks, but it is what it is. Not worth getting upset about enough to leave feedback.
    Now, back to Little House on the Prairie I go.

Exactly, it has become part of the game

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

My real concern is that if this is the case and I have no doubt that it's true, why hasn't anyone posted negative (or at least neutral) feedback for this seller just to give potential buyers a heads up?
    Is it just not worth the effort?
    A potential buyer could see that the seller has no negative feedback. Nobody would know there are potential issues in reality.

I never write feedback unless asked. I just don't care that much. I mainly do local cash on the glass sales so feedback on here isn't important.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Exactly, it has become part of the game

It's always been part of the game. Always.

The first time a seller backed out on a sale from me was in 2002, when I was trying to buy my second game, and a dude with a Space Mission suddenly couldn't sell it "because it's my wife's favorite game!!!"

Of course, at that time, humans interacted in other ways besides online feedback reviews, so I was unable to stretch it out for a month with dueling bad feedbacks and a thread on pinside. Yes, it stung. You could say I was crushed! I REALLY wanted that $400 Space Mission!

But then 2 days later, I found some other game to buy. Turns out there's thousands of games out there.

Life is short. I don't begrudge people for playing the Yelp! game, even if it's not really my cup of tea. But when feedback is used for revenge (which seems to be the motive here), it always starts an obnoxious cycle like this; anybody who ever used eBay back in 1999 should probably know this by now. I don't think feedback is particularly valuable on Pinside, since you can leave it for anybody, at any time, for any reason, even if you haven't bought or sold a game from them. With all the bickering that goes on here I'm surprised the system hasn't seen even more abuse.

#56 4 years ago

I suspect most people on PinSide - certainly myself included - have had the rug pulled out from under them by a seller at one point or another. It really sucks. That being stated, I personally agree with others that the feedback system shouldn't be used for transactions that never occured.

I had someone on FB Market do this to me with a killer deal on a TFTC; literally five minutes before I got in the car to make a two hour trip they messaged me that the game was sold because 'I hadn't heard from you since yesterday so I figured you didn't want it anymore'. It was obvious someone offered them more money, but what could I do? Leave FB feedback that they didn't sell me private property? There's no contract involved. You have to shrug your shoulders and move on.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

I suspect most people on PinSide - certainly myself included - have had the rug pulled out from under them by a seller at one point or another. It really sucks. That being stated, I personally agree with others that the feedback system shouldn't be used for transactions that never occured.
    I had someone on FB Market do this to me with a killer deal on a TFTC; literally five minutes before I got in the car to make a two hour trip they messaged me that the game was sold because 'I hadn't heard from you since yesterday so I figured you didn't want it a ymore'. It was obvious someone offered them more money, but what could I do? Leave FB feedback that they didn't sell me private property? There's no contract involved. You have to shrug your shoulders and move on.

Exactly, first one there with cash on the glass. No sour grapes!

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Exactly, first one there with cash on the glass. No sour grapes!

As a seller this is how you should operate then. To avoid these issues advise potential buyers that you can negotiate over the internet or phone or whatever but it’s going to be still up for grabs until the cash is on the glass

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

Pinside user: Csulli1023

Csulli1023 Using the @ provides a link to the seller.

#60 4 years ago

I would stay away from any Pinsider that only has sales transactions as their pinside activity.

Also, if they lied about you coming and seeing the game in the feedback then they should be banned from Pinside or at least suspended.

#61 4 years ago

I’ve never left a bad feedback on eBay, even when I was more than entitled to.

I never down vote on pinside either.

Makes me feel like a snitch...

#62 4 years ago

I had a similar issue with the seller. Committed to buying a Star Wars upright arcade game. When time came to pick up, already sold from under me.
    Best thing to do is send a deposit with the seller so they don't back out. I wouldn't have posted negative feedback though. I think it's best to deal with a deposit
    to lock it in.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

I had a similar issue with the seller. Committed to buying a Star Wars upright arcade game. When time came to pick up, already sold from under me.
    Best thing to do is send a deposit with the seller so they don't back out.

Who's to say they aren't going to back out once they get a deposit? I hate receiving a deposit for a game I am selling and I'm not going to give a stranger any money without having the item right there in front of me. If it sells, so be it. not worth losing out on money or going through the hassle of someone wanting their deposit back if they back out on the purchase. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like to hold my money close.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Who's to say they aren't going to back out once they get a deposit? I hate receiving a deposit for a game I am selling and I'm not going to give a stranger any money without having the item right there in front of me. If it sells, so be it. not worth losing out on money or going through the hassle of someone wanting their deposit back if they back out on the purchase. I know I'm in the minority here, but I like to hold my money close.

Cash on the glass and you gotta move fast! If you want it and the price is right there are probably other's that feel the same way. Have to move quick. It's the name of the game.

Although I think leaving negative feedback due to disappointment is lame AF even though you have every right to do so, I do agree the lying in the retaliation feedback is a shit bag move though.

#65 4 years ago

The perception here by a minority of Users that this is simply the way it has always been done
    doesn't mean the buying process can't be improved. Intolerance of mealy-mouthed Sellers /Buyers
    by using Feedback can be an effective deterrent in the Information Age we live in.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I hate receiving a deposit for a game I am selling and I'm not going to give a stranger any money without having the item right there in front of me.

Unfortunately, without a deposit, they could say the same about you. Pinball/Vid hobby is very flaky. No shows, not happy once they see the game. There's
    hundreds of excuses. Deposit is honestly the best way.

#67 4 years ago

I had this happen. Sent a deposit via paypal and the seller claimed that since the money wasn't in their bank account yet it didn't count. Then wanted to wait 2 weeks to refund me. Turns out they used the paypal from their business and I threatened a BBB report and they took care of it on the spot.

Quoted from Barakawins1:

Best thing to do is send a deposit with the seller so they don't back out

#68 4 years ago

Hey at least there's a bright side to the story. The game is gone and you have money in your pocket to fund another. There's always that silver lining in the
    cloud. It's not the first and last game that didn't make it home. But there are others

#69 4 years ago

Situation sucks, but it happens. If I had a dollar for every time I've had the rug pulled from underneath me I'd have enough to buy a nib. Writing the poor review just stoked the flames. Honestly, after looking at the sale thread any experienced pinsider could tell the person was looking for top dollar and not really in the hobby for the right reasons. I drove 6 hours once to buy a 1978 VW bus in immaculate condition and as I was about to buy the bus someone called the seller and started to offer him more money than I had brought... I left without the bus... It happens, you move on.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I drove 6 hours once to buy a 1978 VW bus in immaculate condition

Did someone say ... Imamaculate

Sorry couldn't help myself.

#72 4 years ago

Never get excited about a game until you shut the hatch and drive away.

#73 4 years ago

A pinsider living next door to me and we haven’t met? For shame.
    Consider an invite sent your way.

Sorry about the bad experience with the FT sale. Seemingly dodged a bullet otherwise. Agreed that the feedback was uncalled for.

#74 4 years ago

The feedback for both members has been removed.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think a post like this one is a fair avenue to let people know about the seller, but that the feedback left is not. Feedback should be based on transactions between a buyer and a seller, not a potential buyer and potential seller.

Exactly. It sounds like this situation was at the pre-sale negotiation stage. Most feedback systems, including this one, are intended to be used after the completion of a transaction. In this case, a transaction never took place.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The feedback for both members has been removed.

Exactly. It sounds like this situation was at the pre-sale negotiation stage. Most feedback systems, including this one, are intended to be used after the completion of a transaction. In this case, a transaction never took place.

Maybe that should be spelled out somewhere when people leave feedback.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #77 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

[quoted image]

That's nice, but what your average angry Pinsider sees is

"Guy says his wife changed her mind? LEAVE BAD FEEDBACK!"

I'd imagine a bolded caveat saying "Please leave feedback ONLY if you have completed a transaction and exchanged goods/services for money with a fellow Pinsider." would help clear it up.

#78 4 years ago

It's up to robin to change it, but it's very rarely a problem.

#79 4 years ago

I can understand being disappointed by a sale that didn't work out, but after all, Its a pinball machine....its not life.

Theres a lot more FT out there-I waited for a nice one to come up for sale here on Pinside and went to St Louis for mine! (I looked at his F/S ad when it came up-looked to me like that machine needed some work...)

I'd just turn the page and move on-lots of flaky sellers out there!

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Guy says his wife changed her mind? LEAVE BAD FEEDBACK!"

Dude, this should be the #1 reason to leave bad feedback...of course it might exponentially increase the server strain but I say it's worth it.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude, this should be the #1 reason to leave bad feedback...of course it might exponentially increase the server strain but I say it's worth it.

Can I leave feedback for the guy's wife?

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

a persons word is their Bond

Quoted from fosaisu:

Connery is my Bond. Always will be.

Ward is my Bond.
    a166cf22aaf8a328e9d84d2343c09bec (resized).jpga166cf22aaf8a328e9d84d2343c09bec (resized).jpg

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Only if she's actually involved and you speak with her. I'm starting to get the feeling with some folks these wives aren't really involved at all!

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Only if you "have completed a transaction and exchanged goods/services for money" with her

#85 4 years ago

I went and looked at an arcade game from the seller and it was a different game from that pictured in the add. I left thinking that how could they feel they could get away with that. Of course I did not buy it. The seller is shady to say the least.

#86 4 years ago

I know I sound like a crusty old badger but to me negotiations should start when you are standing over the machine inspecting it. If you can't be there and can't find someone to look at it for you and can't obtain enough pictures to satisfy every question you might have, then keep looking. I am sorry things didn't work out but it might be a blessing.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I know I sound like a crusty old badger but to me negotiations should start when you are standing over the machine inspecting it.

I've found fanning a stack of benjamins also helps with the negotiations.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've found fanning a stack of benjamins also helps with the negotiations.

And if things are going bad, start lighting your cigars with them. Adds a sense of urgency to the discussion.

#89 4 years ago

To be honest, that pin looks like a well routed pile of crap anyways. Spend a little bit more money and buy something nice. What you would have saved in price, you would have more than over paid for in parts etc to make that thing half descent. Not to mention however you value your time.
    Be thankful someone bought it and find a nicer one.

#90 4 years ago

From those pictures I wouldn't even give 2400 for that game. The one for 3700 looked well worth the money.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

From those pictures I wouldn't even give 2400 for that game

Based on that price, I would have overpaid.

But wear to me is not a big deal.

I have a Diner I bought last year and the cab is in rough shape and playfield rough in a spot or two.

Nobody who's ever played it has mentioned the cabinet or the playfield wear.

Then again, people that are playing it are just enjoying it for what it is.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

Based on that price, I would have overpaid.
    But wear to me is not a big deal.
    I have a Diner I bought last year and the cab is in rough shape and playfield rough in a spot or two.
    Nobody who's ever played it has mentioned the cabinet or the playfield wear.
    Then again, people that are playing it are just enjoying it for what it is.

A 25 year old routed pin which hasn’t been well cared for like that probably has plenty of non-cosmetic issues that will eat $$’s.

#93 4 years ago

The ad looked like trouble and the OP confirmed it! I am glad this thread was made to warn others on here. That's the whole point of a community, no?

#94 4 years ago

I think one of the downsides of a good economy is that people have way too much excess disposable income to spend

If I am to believe the seller, the buyer (a previous buyer of said seller) paid at least 3300 (200 more than whatever the asking price was since he changed the price after the condition was called out)

So either the buyer is completely clueless or just had enough spending money and didn't care (price be damned)

2 months later
    #95 4 years ago

Same shit happened to me, only maybe it was just an honest mistake of not understanding "we have a deal if X" "X happened" meaning WE HAVE A DEAL. Anyway, I dropped it and bought a better version from a trusted seller here on pinside. Most of us are good, honest, trustworthy people. It's sad we have a few bad eggs among us.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cmjb13:

said seller) paid at least 3300 (200 more than whatever the asking price was since he changed the price after the condition was called out)

Quoted from nascarrey:

I can understand being disappointed by a sale that didn't work out, but after all, Its a pinball machine....its not life.

Exactly! And it's feedback, not a condemnation of one's worth as a human being, which is how some seem to take it (usually by those who have little value to the planet). I value my 100% positive feedback, as I think I deserve it. It's not worth the chance (nay, probability based upon unnamed wanker's behavior during the sale) of getting retaliatory feedback or even into a he said he said battle which would besmirch my reputation. Sad, but that's the way it is.

#97 4 years ago

Csulli1023 has 83 sales transactions with only 1 year on Pinside….Shaaaady. 2 feedbacks in their history (all be it positive) is NOT positive feedback. Their forum feedback is NOT stellar either so there's another red flag. They aren't even posting in the forum but using Pinside to only sell. They are ending the sales early therefore NOT paying any fees and avoiding any feedback issues here. I'd never consider buying from someone like this. --->
    https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/csulli1023/forum

Cmjb13 Take not to this stuff when buying and be thankful you didn't buy the game because it looked like a sh!t-show from the beginning. Just from looking at the pictures its obviously dirty and unshopped with errors which the seller is NOT divulging in the description. Not in great shape --->
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fish-tales-great-shape

#98 4 years ago

I had a personal dealing with this particular seller. It was for a Mousin' Around. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/82115. I asked specific questions on the game: Is the game a re-import? Response: No. Any dot errors? Response: No. We came to an agreed upon cash price of $2,000.00 provided I immediately pick up the game. I rented a van and went to pick up the game. Went into the dingy basement loaded with other games. Turned on the game and dot error. Go into the menu and there was a laundry list of errors. She stated that the game played perfect last night. Then I lifted up the play field and there was an extra board on the inside of the cabinet with wires going into the game. Some hack job. I told her this is a re-import and the hack job was never disclosed. I would do the deal for $200 less. She said "no". I often wonder who ended up with the game. Glad it wasn't me.

#99 4 years ago

This thread is full of guys bitching about a guy for bitching about a seller. Pinside is a funny place.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Most feedback systems, including this one, are intended to be used after the completion of a transaction.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

[quoted image]

Nothing in the quoted image says anything about only leaving feedback for completed transactions. It says ..."ratings left by those who have dealt with that Pinsider." Dealing with someone means interacting with them in any way so like CrazyLevi suggested if you want it to only be for things bought or sold and not when deals were not completed because at least one of the parties didn't like how things were going that should be spelled out in the feedback instructions.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/retaliation-feedback-from-bad-seller-csulli1023/page/2?hl=rolpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.