Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago

Would love to see pin2k make a comeback. 17 years old and still more innovative than anything we’re seeing now (sorry Multimorphic).

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Pin2k was cool but I think pinball and technology has moved past that now. The Multimorphic playfield screen allows you to have interactive graphics without obscuring the ball and targets. I never liked how you couldn't see what you were physically shooting at on the Pin2k games. The Pin2k games are also less social because the massive shroud required for the pepper's ghost effect makes it difficult for spectators to watch from the side of the game. The theater on Dialed In is a happy medium because you can see the entrance to the shot but you still have the interactive hologram effect.
    If we see holograms in pinball in the future it will most likely be via a transparent OLED display as the playfield glass:
    » YouTube video

I guess it’s just personal preference but I don’t like playing pinball on a TV. It takes me out of the game of pinball too much.

The real magic in pin2k is you felt the ball was colliding with the animations and making them explode. You never thought about the screen. It was just a much more transparent integration.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Can’t argue that not everyone is going to love it — but curious if you’ve had a chance to put any time on the p3 yet?
    I agree about pin2k — the feeling like you’re hitting screen objects and the Pinball reacts is way cool. I wish P3 could do that too.

Just at shows. I think P3 is very cool... just not for me. In addition to the large screen being a turnoff, the removable and reconfigurable playfield toys and mechs are not my thing either. They are most definitely innovation... just not in a direction that appeals to me. I didn’t like the playfield swap aspect of pin2k either.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resurrecting-pinball-2000-concept?tu=Rascal_H and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.