Resurrecting a failing pinmuseum business ?

By pookycade

2 weeks ago

Stats

• 156 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mcdonalds-21 (resized).jpg
    b914ca7e6bd719c647153223bc87d3d54e42594a47f944891a56b42cefa76273 (resized).jpg
    11652917-2002-chevrolet-camaro-ss-thumb-c (resized).jpg

There are 156 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 9 days ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Based on everything written here I am going the social media route. We are posting more and trying to increase our presence. We shall see how that does.
    I am also taking out a few targeted ads in weekly that tourists tend to frequent. Perhaps a wasted effort, but will be curious to see if we can boost the out of town ratio and if so where that gets generated from.

One of the cool things about "boosting" events and targeted ads on Facebook is they tell you exactly how many people click through to your post and break down the price per click. The also give you a lot of demographic info on those people, so you start to get a feel for who your audience is. For our pinball and arcade show I used targeted keywords like: pinball, arcade, videogame, games, playstation, xbox, jukebox, coin op and sometimes branch out into geek culture more because a lot of the people that like D&D, Magic the Gathering, gaming, etc. also like arcade games and pinball. I've found our demographics are both men and women with most falling between the ages of 25-50, but I usually target 18-65. Anyway, even if you don't see a big payoff instantly, it's cheap, you gain some demographic info, and it spreads the word and brings people to your Facebook page, where they may like it and start seeing your social media posts.

#152 9 days ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Sad to say mine too.

I strongly disagree, the college market is a perfect market.

In Cambridge, MA a place called A4cade opened practically on MIT's campus (just a block away). It has been bringing in money hand over fist. 6 pins, 20 arcade games, pop a shot, skeeball, you name it.

#153 9 days ago

I'm up in Charlottesville several times a year. I often stay at the Omni on one side of the Mall. There is an ice rink with a few pins right across from there. I have played there, but would really like to come visit your place. Where exactly is it?

#154 9 days ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I'm up in Charlottesville several times a year. I often stay at the Omni on one side of the Mall. There is an ice rink with a few pins right across from there. I have played there, but would really like to come visit your place. Where exactly is it?

Just hit the magnifying glass on the left here:

https://www.pinballmap.com/charlottesville?utf8=%E2%9C%93&region=charlottesville&by_location_id=&by_location_name=

#155 9 days ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Hey we respond to advice. One down, one Yelp to go. And heck maybe even an Instagram account at some point. Thanks again

Yelp says your business is unclaimed:
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/pauls-pinball-palace-charlottesville-2

#156 9 days ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

It is very nice inside. Full glass wall to the outside has amazing light and spacious. But yes physical location couldn’t be more horrible if one tried. It is not a “repeat customer” type locale except for a very select and dedicated few. I’m willing to try diffeeent things to mix it up and certainly a different place to give it another true go past this incidental trial run. Probably a millions ways NOT to run a business and we’ve found one

I think understanding your demo of 'new' vs 'repeat' vs 'passing through' customers would help you a good bit.

You are offering a unique product, you don't need beauty or 'all in one' benefits. But people do need to know you exist, they do need to cross the tipping point to commit to come, and they do need to want to return.

Online discovery can overcome the 'street level' discovery... but people need to be looking to begin with.

Do you know what the promotion abilities are on-campus? Can you pay a kid to hand out flyers at the student union a few days a month? Find similar spots it may be useful to get your idea in front of eyeballs... and hope they search your name online.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 217.00
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.95
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 174.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    There are 156 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside