View topic image gallery

100_2776.JPG
100_2777.JPG
100_2775.JPG
100_2768-863.JPG
100_2771.JPG
pin2.jpg
pin11.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nick-the-greek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

If you're going to leave those wires like they are, insulate them somehow. A bit of tape temporary, just so they can't short.
Those switches by the score motor might have been to pulse the replay unit for multiple games per coin through the extra chute. You need to see if there is a card stapled on the cabinet side by the score motor. If there is, it will tell you what the various score motor switches do. If there isn't a card, are there staples which once attached one? You need a schematic anyway. I'm not sure on a game that old where the score motor switch description is. I know it's on the cabinet side on my 1962 game.

#24 9 years ago

Mate, order one from the pinball resource. You'll be lucky to get a Gottlieb schematic without buying one, they're licensed.
Normally the reset relay is energised whilst the game resets. When reset is complete, it de energises.
You can see a description of the start up sequence here.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Start_Up_Sequences

#27 9 years ago

Mate, on the hundred thousand unit, I can see two wiper snow shoes connected together and to a rivet. The other end of the wiper, is there one that is connected to nothing. It's hard to tell from the image? I see a wire from one to the rivet, I can't see a wire to the other.

#30 9 years ago

No mate, I can see the wires now, it all looks like it's original. Couldn't see one wire in the previous images. You really need to order a schematic from somebody, I suggest PBR. It's going to be awfully hard to sort your game without one. At around $16 plus shipping, the information one contains is for nothing. A working game + a few Dollars versus something to look at for sod all.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from wez:

100_2776.JPG 168 KB

In this image, front right snow shoe doesn't look lined up with the rivet very well, all the others do. Need to check it, it's so hard to tell from pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
490 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nick-the-greek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-gottlieb-lightning-ball-1959?tu=nick-the-greek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.