20200229_161330.jpg
8316D247-CEC1-48F9-A5F7-DF05BF0B69B5 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200204-143909_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_20200203_160331.jpg
Screenshot_20200201-113701_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200201-113612_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200201-113553_Chrome (resized).jpg
agents777croppef.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

It looks like the game uses the battery for saving high scores, audits, and credits in machine. If you don't need it to save any of that stuff, you can continue simply using the game as-is.

If you want to replace the battery: what i use in my game is a 1.5F/5.5v memory capacitor, bought from Great Plains Electronics here: https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CERS-1.5F-5V

You'll need to solder a wire to each of the 2 terminals on the capacitor and solder them onto the pads where the battery was soldered. Note the capacitor is electrolytic, and has a + and - side. You want to be sure to connect the + terminal to the + battery terminal on the board, then the - terminal of the cap to the - battery terminal on the board. Then you can use hot glue or something to fasten it to the empty spot on the board where the battery was. Thought this isn't from my sharpshooter, I'll include this for a visual reference: IMG_20200203_160331.jpgIMG_20200203_160331.jpg

One caveat: memory caps need to charge up for a while (the game needs to be on for a couple hours) before they start keeping memory, and once working will continue to work as long as the game is turned on periodically (every couple months or so)

As others noted, NVRAM is another good option, but I'm not sure if it's available for Game Plan games (they might be though)...

Good luck! Very cool game, i hope to play one someday

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-agents777?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.