8316D247-CEC1-48F9-A5F7-DF05BF0B69B5 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200204-143909_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_20200203_160331.jpg
Screenshot_20200201-113701_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200201-113612_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200201-113553_Chrome (resized).jpg
agents777croppef.jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi I’m restoring a Agents 777 and need a backglass. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

#2 4 years ago

Rare title! Welcome to the forum. Gosh, no idea. Your best (probably also only) option would be to get a backglass scan and make a translite.

#3 4 years ago

Appreciate the suggestion...I’ll wait a bit to see if anybody has one, otherwise I’ll take your suggestion! Thank a lot!
You say it is rate, however I see that the value is very low genetically speaking... do you know something more about that pinball?

#4 4 years ago

Always wanted to play one of these. I like the art.

Good luck with your search and restore

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Appreciate the suggestion...I’ll wait a bit to see if anybody has one, otherwise I’ll take your suggestion! Thank a lot!
You say it is rate, however I see that the value is very low genetically speaking... do you know something more about that pinball?

Game Plan games, for whatever reason, don’t seem to go for a ton, when they are listed, which in and of itself is uncommon.

Agents 777 around where I am would probably go for a respectable amount of money.

I know of one here in New England, was at one of our pinball shows last year.

As far as making a translite, it’s easy. About $40~ without shipping. Definitely keep the search going!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Rare doesn't mean valuable. In fact, in pinball, rare usually means that the game wasn't particularly good, so they didn't make a lot or few survived. There are exceptions to that though-- I have played agent 777 and I think it's a lot of fun.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks a lot to all of you! Great input and suggestion! Does anyone have a good contact for translite? I leave in Newtown 18940 Pennsylvania...

#8 4 years ago

bgresto.com but they'd need a glass to work from.

Try Mayfair amusements to see if they have the glass (call don't bother with email).

Since you're close to them try TNT amusements as well although that would be a longshot.

#9 4 years ago

Thanks a lot really! Appreciate your suggestion... I’m new on the platform and I’m really really pleased of the level of communication and cooperation I found! This is thanks to all of you!

#10 4 years ago

I checked with Myfair amusement but they don’t have the Agent777 in their 2000 available backglass. TNT amusements no way (they do not hold spares/repair).
Last chance on bgresto... I have a backglass from another pinball that perfectly fit the Agent777. Any further ideas are more and more than welcome! Thanks again

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Any further ideas are more and more than welcome!

I would look into classicplayfields.com. They recently launched a new platform that allows for printing pretty much any kind of custom artwork including backglasses fairly quickly as long as you have a digital image file.

#12 4 years ago

My Agents 777 backglass is bad, too. Paint is peeling off on the left side. I'll be watching to see what you do about yours. Here's a picture of my game:

agents777croppef.jpgagents777croppef.jpg
#13 4 years ago

Fun table with a very rare and hard to find MPU. Hopefully yours works. If it does and still has a battery soldered onto the board, CUT IT OFF NOW!!!!!

#14 4 years ago

Hi, why you ask me to cut if the battery? Is it damaging the board? Thanks for the advise

#15 4 years ago

hi DCP! Very very nice! Do you like the pinball and have any recommendation?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Hi, why you ask me to cut if the battery? Is it damaging the board? Thanks for the advise

Yes. That board is around 30 or so years old, as is the battery. I can't tell you how many I have seen that have leaked and nearly or completely destroyed the board. If it is still there, cut it off right now, then replace it with a battery pack that is off the board.

#17 4 years ago

Thanks really a lot for the suggestion!!! Good man, Appreciated!!!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Quoted from RandyW:

Yes. That board is around 30 or so years old, as is the battery. I can't tell you how many I have seen that have leaked and nearly or completely destroyed the board. If it is still there, cut it off right now, then replace it with a battery pack that is off the board.

Do not put this off - absolutely do this ASAP. Game Plan boards are essentially unobtainable.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Do not put this off - absolutely do this ASAP. Game Plan boards are essentially unobtainable.

Echo Lake is no longer making replacements?
I couldn't really find anything current about it but they used to make them.... are they defunct?

#20 4 years ago

There's a list for a new run. I don't know how to link it so here's some pics.

Screenshot_20200201-113553_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200201-113553_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200201-113612_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200201-113612_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200201-113701_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200201-113701_Chrome (resized).jpg
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

There's a list for a new run. I don't know how to link it so here's some pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

New run!? Good to know.

#22 4 years ago

But it's 5 years ago??

#23 4 years ago

Last post was 14 days ago so contact that guy and see if it's for real. I'm good mine is a replacement. I know a guy who can fix them if anyone needs repairs.

#24 4 years ago

Gents, I removed the battery from the board then just clean a bit the cabin, make all the connections and I switch it on... magically everything works!!! Still to work with some cleaning and then the backglass but it is amazing! Again thanks for the great suggestions and help and any further recommendations are more and more than welcome! The battery I removed from the board is very bad and cannot read the type of battery... any suggestion on the external battery I can install?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

The battery I removed from the board is very bad and cannot read the type of battery... any suggestion on the external battery I can install?

If NVRAM is an option, it's the best way to go.

If there's no NVRAM for that board, the *type* of battery doesn't matter, only the voltage-- what does the schematic or manual say about the battery?

#26 4 years ago

The schematic says 3.6V N1 CAD. Thanks a lot again!

#27 4 years ago

It looks like the game uses the battery for saving high scores, audits, and credits in machine. If you don't need it to save any of that stuff, you can continue simply using the game as-is.

If you want to replace the battery: what i use in my game is a 1.5F/5.5v memory capacitor, bought from Great Plains Electronics here: https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CERS-1.5F-5V

You'll need to solder a wire to each of the 2 terminals on the capacitor and solder them onto the pads where the battery was soldered. Note the capacitor is electrolytic, and has a + and - side. You want to be sure to connect the + terminal to the + battery terminal on the board, then the - terminal of the cap to the - battery terminal on the board. Then you can use hot glue or something to fasten it to the empty spot on the board where the battery was. Thought this isn't from my sharpshooter, I'll include this for a visual reference: IMG_20200203_160331.jpgIMG_20200203_160331.jpg

One caveat: memory caps need to charge up for a while (the game needs to be on for a couple hours) before they start keeping memory, and once working will continue to work as long as the game is turned on periodically (every couple months or so)

As others noted, NVRAM is another good option, but I'm not sure if it's available for Game Plan games (they might be though)...

Good luck! Very cool game, i hope to play one someday

#28 4 years ago

Thanks really really a lot! I don’t know how to thank you for the explanation and details. Never seen something like that. Now I understand why this community is so valuable!

#29 4 years ago

Good day to all!!! Still need your help for the Agents777 translite... I haven’t found any backglass spare neither any translite shop that may replicate it (I have the glass of another pinball that may be used)... any ideas or suggestion? I’m from Philly area

#30 4 years ago

Here are all the owners of agents 777 on pinside. Try to message one or all of them and see if they can help you out.

Screenshot_20200204-143909_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200204-143909_Chrome (resized).jpg
#31 4 years ago

Thanks a lot Captainhook but cannot see the list... I’m probably not good in using the platform...

#32 4 years ago

Just bring up your game on pinside. Then click on the owners tab, then scroll down and it will show all the owners of the game.

1 week later
#33 4 years ago

Good evening to everybody. I have an issue with my Agents777 pinball. It was working good since a put all together for a couple of weeks and then since a week ago it start to show some issue. Sometime as soon as I start a game it turn off and then try to start again until I got a failure. This happen randomly and especially when most of the lights are on and contemporaneously one or a couple of solenoids works together. I tried all connection and clean all the boards but it doesn’t seams coming from any contacts or the solenoid or the MPU. It looks like it is something from the power supply. Do you think it could be the big capacitor located immediately after the transformer that cannot fulfill power spikes coming from the pinball? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for all your help...

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Good evening to everybody. I have an issue with my Agents777 pinball. It was working good since a put all together for a couple of weeks and then since a week ago it start to show some issue. Sometime as soon as I start a game it turn off and then try to start again until I got a failure. This happen randomly and especially when most of the lights are on and contemporaneously one or a couple of solenoids works together. I tried all connection and clean all the boards but it doesn’t seams coming from any contacts or the solenoid or the MPU. It looks like it is something from the power supply. Do you think it could be the big capacitor located immediately after the transformer that cannot fulfill power spikes coming from the pinball? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for all your help...

I would recommend replacing that capacitor, its good practice on any Game Plan machine. That could very well be the cause of your issue. Where are you located?

#35 4 years ago

I’m in Newtown 18940 PA. The issue (pinball off and on again) is happening more and more often during the past days, especially after I replace all the lights (most of then were broken). This is the reason why I suspect it is from the power supply side... it seams that now that the entire pinball is lighted when I play and the solenoids start to work the system sometimes goes in overpower / there is not sufficient power when there are spikes... thanks again and any other suggestions are more and more than welcome!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

I’m in Newtown 18940 PA. The issue (pinball off and on again) is happening more and more often during the past days, especially after I replace all the lights (most of then were broken). This is the reason why I suspect it is from the power supply side... it seams that now that the entire pinball is lighted when I play and the solenoids start to work the system sometimes goes in overpower / there is not sufficient power when there are spikes... thanks again and any other suggestions are more and more than welcome!

I would also look at the connectors on the power supply and driver board. They are not very high quality and can cause problems like you describe.

#37 4 years ago

Ok! Thanks a lot!

#38 4 years ago

Big capacitor replaced and everything is working great again!!! Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

#39 4 years ago

Good evening to all! I finish my Agents777 restoration (including a new translite) and here there result! All working in the proper perfect way! Thanks a lot to all! It is a very nice game, my kids love it!

8316D247-CEC1-48F9-A5F7-DF05BF0B69B5 (resized).jpeg8316D247-CEC1-48F9-A5F7-DF05BF0B69B5 (resized).jpeg
#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Good evening to all! I finish my Agents777 restoration (including a new translite) and here there result! All working in the proper perfect way! Thanks a lot to all! It is a very nice game, my kids love it![quoted image]

Nice job!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Good evening to all! I finish my Agents777 restoration (including a new translite) and here there result! All working in the proper perfect way! Thanks a lot to all! It is a very nice game, my kids love it![quoted image]

It looks fantastic! Well done, enjoy it!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Wow, great job! Did you make the translite? I would buy one from you if you can make an extra!!!

#43 4 years ago

Hi, no I didn’t do the translite by my own. I founded I nice high quality image and asked to Game on Grafix to do it. They where a bit reluctant at the beginning (not sure on the final outcomes) but then you see the result! They have my image and can use it to make a translite for you (you can make any reference to me). Let me know if you need any additional info!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Fabrizio:

Hi, no I didn’t do the translite by my own. I founded I nice high quality image and asked to Game on Grafix to do it.

Thanks, Fabrizio ! I should try a translite from them. My backglass art is falling apart on the left side.

We cut off the battery and haven't replaced it with anything yet. The capacitor that frunch mentioned looks good. Without it, the game starts up with credits on it and no scores displayed. When you start a game, the scores all appear, and it will keep the high scores until you turn it off. That works fine for now.
Your playfield looks nice, too! Mine is worn around the slot machine in the middle, but it doesn't look too hard to touch up because a lot of it is black. I like the big "Jackpot" when you get 777!
I like the weird sounds of the game. Very 80s, a little bit like a Williams but more "goofy".
400 units made, it's a pretty rare game! Ours is the only one I've ever seen or played.
We will keep ours unless someone really has to have it for their Game Plan collection to be complete. But it'll cost ya.

#45 4 years ago

You are right, it is a very very nice game! Sounds and lights are very nice and give you really the feeling of the 80s! The game is simple but very nice on its simplicity! My kids (one is 9 and the other is 6) love it and play with it on a daily basis! Definitely it is a good pinball even if spares are very rare and GamePlan is not famous as Williams or Gottibel I really really enjoy to have it and thinks to be one of the few 400 lucky person in the World

1 week later
#46 4 years ago

Just played our Agents 777 and took a half decent picture. You can see how our backglass is falling apart. Fabrizio, I got a translite from Game On Grafix and it looks good! Haven't put it on yet, though. Fun game!

20200229_161330.jpg20200229_161330.jpg
5 months later
#47 3 years ago

Looking for an Agents777 instruction card. If someone could see a pic of one it sure would be appreciated. Thanks, Darrell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-agents777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.