Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7060 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Hey everyone! I am documenting my next restore on this Addams Family that I picked up for a chill $3000. I just posted this video on my Youtube channel documenting the horrible condition it's in and what my plans are. Would love any input, advice, and feedback!

#2 5 years ago

Following

#3 5 years ago

Woooo. That’s gonna take some doing!

#4 5 years ago

Should be fun.

#5 5 years ago

Whoa, my grail pin, I'm watchin'

#6 5 years ago

Subscribed. Such a great game but yikes that thing needs a lot of work. You have all the parts? Looks like you are missing a ton of stuff.

#7 5 years ago

You might want to add the main ramp to your parts list.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

You might want to add the main ramp to your parts list.

Already have a new one fully assembled, it came with the machine luckily.

3 weeks later
#9 5 years ago

The cabinet has been stripped down, cleaned, and I have masked/repainted the flipper button area. I also test fit the new side rails and buttons just to get a taste of what it'll look like. Fun fact, it takes 3x as long to restore a game when you're trying to film a Youtube video at the same time, hah.

Tomorrow I'll be touching up and filling in some damage on the backbox.

IMG_7060 (resized).JPGIMG_7060 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#10 5 years ago

Here's an update on the machine. I am beginning repairing the backbox and refinishing the coin door!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

The cabinet has been stripped down, cleaned, and I have masked/repainted the flipper button area. I also test fit the new side rails and buttons just to get a taste of what it'll look like. Fun fact, it takes 3x as long to restore a game when you're trying to film a Youtube video at the same time, hah.
Tomorrow I'll be touching up and filling in some damage on the backbox.[quoted image]

Drewster, what paint did you use for touch ups around the flipper button area? I have a couple scratches myself.

#12 5 years ago

Wish I could find a trashed Addams... good luck!

3 months later
#13 5 years ago

I've realized I have neglected to update this thread. Anyways, the cabinet is finished and I have moved onto building the new playfield. Check out my channel for everything that's happened in-between.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

I've realized I have neglected to update this thread. Anyways, the cabinet is finished and I have moved onto building the new playfield. Check out my channel for everything that's happened in-between.

do you have a list of paint codes you used for redoing this game? I need to do some touch ups on mine

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

I watched all your videos yesterday. Did you consider sending out the playfield for a new clear coat after you encountered the spider webbing?

#16 5 years ago

Did you decide what you were going to do for the Pop Bumper Bodies?
Have you considered going Translucent with clear skirts?
I'd also suggest the frosted clear drops I offer... but I'm not sure the game has drop targets.

#17 5 years ago

It doesn't have drop targets.

HEP did a nice restore with green pop bumper bodies that went really well with the dark green swamp.

Also +1 on the frankness of the videos - nice to see someone actually pointing out the errors they made and consequences, that's exactly the sort of stuff I would want to know about if I were ever trying to tackle this myself.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

do you have a list of paint codes you used for redoing this game? I need to do some touch ups on mine

Nope, just used normal Rustoleum semi-gloss black.

Quoted from jp1985:

I watched all your videos yesterday. Did you consider sending out the playfield for a new clear coat after you encountered the spider webbing?

Nah, it's not worth it. Aside from the crack on the mansion, nothing else is going to be all that noticeable. I chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Quoted from Durzel:

It doesn't have drop targets.
HEP did a nice restore with green pop bumper bodies that went really well with the dark green swamp.
Also +1 on the frankness of the videos - nice to see someone actually pointing out the errors they made and consequences, that's exactly the sort of stuff I would want to know about if I were ever trying to tackle this myself.

Thanks! Mistakes are important things to show. I know a lot of people don't like to show areas where they messed up, and same can be said for the multitude of different projects you'll see on Youtube, whether it's car repair, home renovation, what have you. I am by no means a professional at anything, and I want to let others know that it's difficult work to do, and it's OK to make mistakes. It's part of the process.

Quoted from Zitt:

Did you decide what you were going to do for the Pop Bumper Bodies?
Have you considered going Translucent with clear skirts?
I'd also suggest the frosted clear drops I offer... but I'm not sure the game has drop targets.

I considered changing the colors, but ultimately decided to stick with the standard white bodies and red skirts on this one.

#19 5 years ago

I hope you keep the videos coming. These Addams videos have been some of the most helpful I've seen. The time lapse was a great idea.

3 months later
#20 4 years ago

It's been a few months but we're finally making more progress on the reassembly! Here's part 7 where we start rebuilding the underside of the playfield.

5 months later
#21 4 years ago

Bump.. is this still a thing? I just found it yesterday and was disappointed for no 8th video.

How much for the old PF. It looks pretty good to me.

#22 4 years ago

It is, it’s just been a very slow-going process. I have a holiday week coming up and I hope to get this damn thing finished by the end of the year. I am sick of seeing it in a billion pieces!

And the old playfield isn’t available right now, sorry.

#23 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. I did really enjoy the video and appreciate the magnitude of the work required. The job is certainly not for the faint of heart and will be worth every minute when completed. I look forward to seeing more progress, honored guest!

#24 4 years ago

Repeating what a few people have said, great videos and please post new ones when you have time.

Restoring an Addams Family is on my bucket list for sure.

#25 4 years ago

Plus Drewster, think of all the machines you have inspired folks to fix and take your precautions. Great service to the community!!!

7 months later
#26 3 years ago

I really enjoyed your youtube videos - unfortunately all of them have now been removed. Any chance they will be back one day?

1 year later
#27 2 years ago

What happened with Drew?? I was following on YouTube and he is vanished hope he is ok.

Gustavo

10 months later
#28 1 year ago

I too have been waiting! I miss your intros, and your videos in general! I always was excited to see what was new, how far you progressed in a certain game in it's repair. Loved your Hook repair video and the Adams family one for sure. I hope somehow, someday these videos make their way back to YouTube (or just here somehow.....or somewhere)!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-a-neglected-and-poorly-maintained-addams-family?hl=j67ab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.