Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sharon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I was looking at the edge of the Mylar to see how badly it was coming up, and I saw it was loose on a corner. So I peeled it up, and then kept going...and the ENTIRE SHEET came off. No sticky crud on the playfield, no paint coming up.

Does that mean it's a bad install, or just old as dirt?

Should I replace it? The pf that was under that looks so much better than the pf elsewhere. Someone really didn't care for this machine while they had it. I've taken it in and give it a nice home where it won't be left dirty anymore lol

#2 10 years ago

Nah, just clean it, wax it, install some quality new balls and enjoy.

#3 10 years ago

I'd say you're very lucky!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Sharon:

So I was looking at the edge of the Mylar to see how badly it was coming up, and I saw it was loose on a corner. So I peeled it up, and then kept going...

By the way, you're a braver man than I. I had a friend do that on one of his machines and he pulled up some playfield and insert art with it. After hearing that, I decided I'd never try to pull up a big sheet of mylar without using the freeze method or some other type of removal method.

#5 10 years ago

I removed the mylar from my Doctor Who using freeze spray, and it was really laborious removing the glue after. I was surprised this came off as easily as a wet bandaid with only a small bit of residue. I was fully planning on having to stop when paint came up, but it never did. I wish I could get the rest of the pf to look as nice as it did under the mylar!

Now if I could only repair things without breaking them (chipped a bumper skirt today) I'd be happy lol.

Still, it's pretty cool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-a-cometweird-thing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.