(Topic ID: 242301)

Restoring a Centaur, and cabinet is just too beat up...

By fodorfolde

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by fodorfolde
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180825_193534 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Has anyone used a cnc machine for a full cabinet rebuild? And if so, would you be willing to share the data/file? That prepwork is always a hassle (no matter the product).

If anyone has any general advice for me as I start this endeavour, I welcome all input.

I have to admit to being somewhat unfamiliar with the pinside forums, so if this question is better suited elsewhere, again, I'd appreciate the redirection.

#2 1 year ago

Cabinet is simple build. No need for cnc. Not for single box, anyway. Maybe if you were building 20

#3 1 year ago

Find a project game from the same era of Bally. Get it working 100% then part out the playfield, backglass, boards, etc. Then repaint the cabinet

#4 1 year ago

You can scratch build a new cab using the old one for reference...just pay special attention to any playfield mounting holes and plunger location and you will be fine...
20180825_193534 (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago

Thanks for the ideas. I'm up in the air between a cab from scratch and patching up the old body.... Knowing the perfectionist in me, am mindful of the hours of sanding/fixing/sanding/patching/etc it would take to bring that old cab back to life. I do appreciate the feedback and different perspectives no matter... cheers!

#6 1 year ago

it will only be original once

#7 1 year ago

yeah, i get it. the collector in me says 'leave it be', but when you see a pristine restored centaur .... it's so damn sparkly. ughhh don't know how i'm going to make this decision.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside