New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 267549)

Restoring a Bally KISS 2020

By Parasite68

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

Hello all. I am brand new here! I have a Bally Kiss that I’m trying to restore. I don’t know where to start.
When I first got it in 2007, I replaced the motherboard only and got it to power up but it never made any sounds but would go into attract mode. One connector in particular was loose and I’d have to reposition it to work. After doing that a couple of times, the mpu fried again.
Fast forward to now and I’ve just ordered all new boards except for the animated logo board.
If you guys were me where would you start?!?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

#2 6 months ago

The rectifier board first.
This board usually gives issues from this time period.

#3 6 months ago

I also had a lot of luck repinning all those wires going to the boards. Gave them better contact.

#4 6 months ago

Some photos of the boards would help.

2 weeks later
#5 5 months ago

Sorry for the delayed response! I’ve done an overhaul of all the boards! Replaced them all with alltek except for the sound board. That came from nvram.weebly! Found out that I needed both flipper coils, one scorecard for the player one spot, and one knocker solenoid! I also repinned some suspect looking connectors and as of yesterday I now have a fully functional KISS machine! Last time I played one was in the early 80’s! To say I’m thrilled is an overstatement!!’ Now I’m moving on to getting it painted and some Playfield cleaning!

#6 5 months ago

pics?

#7 5 months ago
#8 5 months ago

I dont know if this will help at all, but here is a thread for a full restoration i did. You can hopefully learn from my mistakes!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-restoration

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I dont know if this will help at all, but here is a thread for a full restoration i did. You can hopefully learn from my mistakes!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-restoration

Thanks so much!!!

#10 5 months ago

I have vids of it running but I don’t know how to upload them!

#11 5 months ago

post your video in YouTube and add the link to your post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside