Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello all. I am brand new here! I have a Bally Kiss that I’m trying to restore. I don’t know where to start.
When I first got it in 2007, I replaced the motherboard only and got it to power up but it never made any sounds but would go into attract mode. One connector in particular was loose and I’d have to reposition it to work. After doing that a couple of times, the mpu fried again.
Fast forward to now and I’ve just ordered all new boards except for the animated logo board.
If you guys were me where would you start?!?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

#2 3 years ago

The rectifier board first.
This board usually gives issues from this time period.

#3 3 years ago

I also had a lot of luck repinning all those wires going to the boards. Gave them better contact.

#4 3 years ago

Some photos of the boards would help.

2 weeks later
#5 3 years ago

Sorry for the delayed response! I’ve done an overhaul of all the boards! Replaced them all with alltek except for the sound board. That came from nvram.weebly! Found out that I needed both flipper coils, one scorecard for the player one spot, and one knocker solenoid! I also repinned some suspect looking connectors and as of yesterday I now have a fully functional KISS machine! Last time I played one was in the early 80’s! To say I’m thrilled is an overstatement!!’ Now I’m moving on to getting it painted and some Playfield cleaning!

#6 3 years ago

pics?

#7 3 years ago
#8 3 years ago

I dont know if this will help at all, but here is a thread for a full restoration i did. You can hopefully learn from my mistakes!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-restoration

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I dont know if this will help at all, but here is a thread for a full restoration i did. You can hopefully learn from my mistakes!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-kiss-restoration

Thanks so much!!!

#10 3 years ago

I have vids of it running but I don’t know how to upload them!

#11 3 years ago

post your video in YouTube and add the link to your post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-a-bally-kiss-2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.