IMG_4093 (resized).jpg
IMG_4086 (resized).jpg
IMG_4080 (resized).jpg
IMG_4079 (resized).jpg
IMG_4078 (resized).jpg
IMG_4077 (resized).jpg
IMG_4076 (resized).jpg
IMG_4054 (resized).jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Keeping this one original, hoping to find some new parts.

Still looking for:

NOS playfield
NOS or Repro plastic set

#2 11 years ago

The bumper caps are available through Pinball Resource. The rest is gonna take some digging. Plastics have never been 'commercially' reproduced, but a small batch was made. Keep digging. It's such a good looking game even in the condition you have it.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks for the info!
I did a little research on IPDB and found these compatible games for the lock bar:

Compatible games with Fireball 1968-1973

71 four million b.c.
73 bali-hi
70 big valley
73 circus
73 champ
70 el toro
70 expressway
70 hi-lo ace
71 little joe
72 monte Carlo
72 nip-it
71 odds & evens
71 sea ray
72 space time
72 time zone
71 twin win
69 zip-a-doo
68 alligator
69 bally hoo
68 cosmos
67 dogies
68 gator
68 joust
68 rockmakers
68 safari

#4 11 years ago

Anybody out there?

#5 10 years ago

Have you checked with Pinball resource? They might have a lockbar.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from cjmiller:

Is this what you need?

Yep, that's what he needs.

Great price, only 4 hours left. Better snap it up.

#8 10 years ago

I pm'd him.

#9 10 years ago

That makes two of us.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks guys, i GOT IT!!

#11 10 years ago

Way to go!! Congrats!!

#12 10 years ago

Glad I could help.

Now, not to hijack the thread, but if anyone has a set of the prop sticks that hold that glass assembly up, I would appreciate hearing about it. I need a set.

(they attach to the top sides of the cabinet)

#13 10 years ago

Not sure if I even have the rods. Ill check later. If not I could probably fabricate a couple pairs.

Does anybody know if cabinet stencils were made? I've made them before for arcade machines but its a lot of work.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Thanks guys, i GOT IT!!

I'm glad! Turned out to be a pricy little number, but now you don't have to look anymore and sometimes that's worth a little x-tra.

#15 10 years ago

Yeah some Ebay amateur bid me way up and then left. Probably could have got it for $10 if there wasn't any attention called to it. Oh well.

Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad! Turned out to be a pricy little number, but now you don't have to look anymore and sometimes that's worth a little x-tra.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah some Ebay amateur bid me way up and then left. Probably could have got it for $10 if there wasn't any attention called to it. Oh well.

That's how Ebay works, The sellers got another story "Gee, for a bit there I thought I was only going to get $10 bucks, but in the end....."

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

$150 is chump change to get glass on a $500 Fireball. That's an extremely hard part to come across.

My Fireball was repainted before I got it and it looks incredible. The previous owner did an incredible job with the webbing and perfectly matched the blue of the cab to the blue on the backglass. It really looks a lot better than that weird blue-green that Fireballs have on their cab.

#18 10 years ago

Yeah, that would be true if it was a $500 Fireball, but it wasn't.

Quoted from Barron:

$150 is chump change to get glass on a $500 Fireball. That's an extremely hard part to come across.
My Fireball was repainted before I got it and it looks incredible. The previous owner did an incredible job with the webbing and perfectly matched the blue of the cab to the blue on the backglass. It really looks a lot better than that weird blue-green that Fireballs have on their cab.

#19 10 years ago

So before i tackle my 50th art project, are there any stencils or art files out there for this game?

#20 10 years ago

Also looking for a NOS Fireball Playfield

5 years later
#21 5 years ago

Wow! Started this five years ago. Finally got a chance to dive into this Fireball!

Since i'll never find a NOS playfield and nobody wants to touch a pf restoration i'm just going to do a partial restoration. Actually more like a deluxe shop job

#22 5 years ago

Plastics are in good shape but yellowed. I'm searching for a set of screen printed repros done a few years back but for now i'm going to scan them and redraw them.

fireball plastics (resized).jpgfireball plastics (resized).jpg
#23 5 years ago

Some before pix from the seller. It's in pretty good shape, just really dirty. I'll upload better before pix when i find them.

$_57 (resized).JPG$_57 (resized).JPG$_57-4 (resized).JPG$_57-4 (resized).JPG$_57-5 (resized).JPG$_57-5 (resized).JPG$_57-6 (resized).JPG$_57-6 (resized).JPG$_57-7 (resized).JPG$_57-7 (resized).JPG$_57-8 (resized).JPG$_57-8 (resized).JPG$_57-9 (resized).JPG$_57-9 (resized).JPG
#24 5 years ago

Pulled off all the stuff from the top.

IMG_3849 (resized).jpgIMG_3849 (resized).jpg
#25 5 years ago

All metal will get sandblasted and polished.

IMG_3843 (resized).jpgIMG_3843 (resized).jpg
#26 5 years ago

Replacing these posts.

need 36 of these (resized).jpgneed 36 of these (resized).jpg
#27 5 years ago

Pretty clean inside the back box. Had a German glass that i'm going to swap out with an English version

IMG_3861 (resized).jpgIMG_3861 (resized).jpg

#28 5 years ago

Spinning rubber pad like new again.

IMG_3841 (resized).jpgIMG_3841 (resized).jpg
#29 5 years ago

Playfield cleaned and waxed. Looks pretty nice with only a few wear spots.

IMG_3835 (resized).jpgIMG_3835 (resized).jpgIMG_3836 (resized).jpgIMG_3836 (resized).jpgIMG_3837 (resized).jpgIMG_3837 (resized).jpgIMG_3838 (resized).jpgIMG_3838 (resized).jpgIMG_3862 (resized).jpgIMG_3862 (resized).jpg
#30 5 years ago

PACMAN I am also working on a Fireball 72 and found at least two of the plastics new:

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Fireball.html

Not a complete set, but perhaps useful.

Following your thread...

#31 5 years ago

Thanks, but 2 perfectly clear plastics might look weird next to all the yellowed ones.

Quoted from jbovenzi:

pacman I am also working on a Fireball 72 and found at least two of the plastics new:
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Fireball.html
Not a complete set, but perhaps useful.
Following your thread...

#32 5 years ago

Also paintpins is doing a wonderful job on painting a cabinet for me. He might be able to help you with cabinet painting or something like that.

#33 5 years ago

And I agree on the yellow versus clear. Just trying to get the best stuff that I can find for mine...

#34 5 years ago

Nice, i'd like to see how yours comes out. I have stencils and have done stencils before (huge pain in the ass) but since the playfield and plastics are less than perfect and no new parts are available i'm going to keep it all original (scars and all).

#35 5 years ago

First time i've seen this. Coil sleeve is melted into the coil and it ain't coming out.

thumbnail_20180904_134834 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20180904_134834 (resized).jpg
#36 5 years ago

Putting it back together...

IMG_3963 (resized).jpgIMG_3963 (resized).jpg
#37 5 years ago

Lovely new caps and skirts, frosted LEDs

IMG_3964 (resized).jpgIMG_3964 (resized).jpg
#38 5 years ago

Spinney doodad and roller over thingies

IMG_3965 (resized).jpgIMG_3965 (resized).jpg

#39 5 years ago
IMG_3966 (resized).jpgIMG_3966 (resized).jpgIMG_3967 (resized).jpgIMG_3967 (resized).jpg
#40 5 years ago
IMG_3969 (resized).jpgIMG_3969 (resized).jpg
#41 5 years ago

much better

IMG_3979 (resized).jpgIMG_3979 (resized).jpg
#42 5 years ago
IMG_3980 (resized).jpgIMG_3980 (resized).jpg
#43 5 years ago

Shiny

IMG_3968 (resized).jpgIMG_3968 (resized).jpg
#44 5 years ago

Almost got it back together...

IMG_4054 (resized).jpgIMG_4054 (resized).jpg
#45 5 years ago
IMG_4076 (resized).jpgIMG_4076 (resized).jpgIMG_4077 (resized).jpgIMG_4077 (resized).jpgIMG_4078 (resized).jpgIMG_4078 (resized).jpgIMG_4079 (resized).jpgIMG_4079 (resized).jpg
#46 5 years ago

So there is a design flaw in the design of the ball trap.

It has 2 protruding clear plastics to hold the ball in.

The problem is the clear plastics take a direct hit and eventually get destroyed. Both of mine are.

At some point, someone, probably an operator decided that a nail was the only way to fix this to keep the ball from falling out.

I'm thinking of a better way to do this using posts instead of plastics.

IMG_4080 (resized).jpgIMG_4080 (resized).jpg
#47 5 years ago

Broken on right, shattered on left

IMG_4086 (resized).jpgIMG_4086 (resized).jpg
#48 5 years ago

Posts with bumpers instead of plastics. New plastics would be shorter and curved just short of the posts. Roughly cut just as an example.

What do you think?

IMG_4093 (resized).jpgIMG_4093 (resized).jpgIMG_4094 (resized).jpgIMG_4094 (resized).jpg
#49 5 years ago

Cleaned up. Mostly ready for action. Got a couple of relays that need some attention (taped)

IMG_4074 (resized).jpgIMG_4074 (resized).jpgIMG_4075 (resized).jpgIMG_4075 (resized).jpg

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So there is a design flaw in the design of the ball trap.
It has 2 protruding clear plastics to hold the ball in.
The problem is the clear plastics take a direct hit and eventually get destroyed. Both of mine are.
At some point, someone, probably an operator decided that a nail was the only way to fix this to keep the ball from falling out.
I'm thinking of a better way to do this using posts instead of plastics.
[quoted image]

PACMAN the plastics that I cited earlier from Australia were those ball capture plastics. I do like your post idea, but if you didn’t want to do that you could get those two.

Still just a suggestion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoring-72-fireball-help-sourcing-parts-lockbar-stencils-plastics-etc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.