(Topic ID: 207052)

Restored vs. road worn.... do you prefer the road worn like I do?

By tamoore

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a couple of really nice games and I have some that have really lived and were driven hard. I like the player condition pins more. Sure, I clean them up and replace parts where I can and might even put things in place to prevent future damage: But I like a game that shows a history and has paid its debt in the form of paint and wear for the enjoyment of the people who have dropped their money into the slot.

How about you?

#6 6 years ago

I think having games that aren't museum pieces also allow me to chill out a bit when other people are playing them. Nudge them, slap them, push them as hard as you want... the game will tell you when it's too much. I don't care. Your kids can double flip endlessly and over and over - I'm cool with that as long as they're having fun....

#11 6 years ago

Oh yea.. I want the fully working and to be great players too.... That's a given. They have to work as intended.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

I don't like worn or missing paint on the playfield. Other than that I don't care. Ding or nicks in the side art, faded or not, I don't care. If paint is missing from playfield I feel like the experience is diminished a bit for me.

I only notice paint missing from the playfield of my pinbot when I'm not playing it. When I'm playing, I've got other things to worry about.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

As a low end pin guy, I agree with the road worn sentiments. The biggest hassle though is re-leveling all the inserts to get the game playing like new, without it looking new.
    Half of the fun for me is trying to beat the high scores that Susan or Tim carved into the front of the backbox in 1977.

That's cool. I have a story about that which isn't really totally germane to this topic. But, I'll tell it anyway....

I bought out the local arcade when I bought my house. Picked up all their games at once. In the haul was a Mrs. Pacman.... that I had vandalized when I was a kid.

Now, here I was, all these years later, having to fix it..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-vs-road-worn-do-you-prefer-the-road-worn-like-i-do?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.