2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Nacman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 2 years ago

I finally have my Stargate finished and I am thrilled to have a fine specimen.

Worked like crazy getting the CPU board fixed, replaced some RAM. Fixed the Power supply board by replacing some components but the sound board was the most finicky. Chased a crystal failure, 6808p failure, then a BR1 failure and finally the AMP driver. I think the BR1 caused the damage but end the end it is working now. I bought this machine in 2005-2008 time frame and then got in a bad car accident and health went sideways. After 10 years, and 5 different surgeries I am somewhat better. Good enough to decide to finally fix the machine. The muscle memory from when I was 15 and this game was HOT, I scored 266K on default settings and 7 man start. Not bad for 56 years of age.

Have a look comments welcome

-Nac

#2 2 years ago

Beautiful game! You should be proud!
Love to play it when I was throwing up.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Love to play it when I was throwing up.

should be growing up.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Love to play it when I was growing up.

I did too! Stacking quarters when it was my turn!Still do just don’t need to stack quarters. Lol!

Thanks for the complement!

-Nac

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-stargate-defender-have-a-look and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.