17.JPG
16.JPG
15.JPG
14.JPG
13.JPG
12.JPG
11.JPG
10.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Restored IJ For Sale
HSA Stage 3 Playfield
Gorgeous Brass
I've played 18 games on it.
This was restored by a private collector. Very nice guy.
PM me if you're interested.
Thanks for your time everyone!

1.JPG1.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG 4.JPG4.JPG 5.JPG5.JPG 6.JPG6.JPG 7.JPG7.JPG 8.JPG8.JPG 9.JPG9.JPG 10.JPG10.JPG 11.JPG11.JPG 12.JPG12.JPG 13.JPG13.JPG 14.JPG14.JPG 15.JPG15.JPG 16.JPG16.JPG 17.JPG17.JPG 18.JPG18.JPG 19.JPG19.JPG 20.JPG20.JPG 22.JPG22.JPG 23.JPG23.JPG 24.JPG24.JPG 25.JPG25.JPG 26.JPG26.JPG
#3 9 years ago

Thanks!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Since the restore was not done by someone known, you might want to consider fully detailing what was done, and more importantly what wasn't. Also, how it was done where applicable.

Oh boy. I'm not good at that stuff.
New decals.
The HSA stage 3 playfield.
Cointaker LEDs
A couple mods
Brass everywhere , even the nuts on every screw.
That's all I got.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Beautiful machine, and what I aspire to make mine look like. The black cabinet is annoying, though. I have no idea why people do that. GLWTS!!!

Well I hear ya. For me, I loved it that way because it looks so clean but that's me. Oh well.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Beautiful machine, and what I aspire to make mine look like. The black cabinet is annoying, though. I have no idea why people do that. GLWTS!!!

Hi, yes I can get those pictures for everyone by tomorrow. I promise. Shoot me your email and I will send them to you directly if that helps out.

#13 9 years ago

Thanks!!!! Definitely some interest out there. We'll see what happens.......

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Nice ones don't come up that often. Just got an IJ last month, it was legit HUO. Quite the perfect original. If I hadn't already scooped one up, I'd certainly be interested in this beauty.
My dunce hat is on, what's a HSA stage 3 playfield, I'm not familiar with the term? Is it in reference to the type of clearcoat?
GLWS someone's gonna get a nice game. IJ is my favorite

You're not a dunce. I don't much of anything either. Lol!
HSA is a company that clear coats playfields. There is 3 different rated playfields. HSA stage 3 being the most expensive. Go to HSApinball.com .

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Only 18 plays on it!! Man that thing is begging to be played.
Beautiful, good luck!

Thanks!!!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

HSA seems like the only company to take the most jobs and not just the easy jobs either.

They did a spectacular job. Playfield looks brand new. I'd recommend them for sure.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It should look "brand new" at Stage 1, 2 or 3 assuming they all include a clear job.
IJ is a beauty, glws!

Thank you kindly!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Man, a whopping 18 games!?! I would be interested in this pin, but the over abundance of plays on this IJ is what is keeping me from biting. Try not to put as many plays on your next pin!
Glws.

I know, I'm crazy but why beat on it. Leave it in good shape for the next pinsider!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

If Kevin will permit me to give an unbiased review, since I went to see the game, I can say that it's very much a stunner in person. The brass work is really something special and it all looks like it's all still brand new. And the HSA playfield is extremely nice. Game plays perfectly and smoothly (I think I must have been 1 of those 18 ). You can tell that the work was done by a detail-oriented person and it was a labor of love, and I would say the restorer did a really good job for not being a pro. If you're used to name-brand work, you are just going to notice a few small details (mostly in the unseen areas) that are not really standard practice on a high-end restore (backbox not re-screened with warning text but masked off for repaint, cab interior painted all black and wires run in snakes...). I think even with these subtleties figured in the topside detail work counts for a whole lot, and the game is priced really close to what it should fetch. It'll be a gem in the right buyer's collection.

Thank you sir. You certainly know way more than I do. I appreciate the knowledge.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you think that was stupid, you should see his other posts. Bump for a great pin!

Hey thanks. I appreciate the bump!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Wrong. I am doing two TAF that we completely sanded, primed and bondo the entire cab, inside and out. It will all be painted black.

Thank you. I didn't know what is the right way to do the inside of a cab but I still think black looks really clean and very cool.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

This seems like a pretty stupid thing to say considering the attention to detail on this gorgeous pin. Wish it was in Canada I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Well than I guess I lived in Canada right now so you could buy it. Thanks for the nice comments though!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

well worth the price for that kind of restoration.

Thanks I appreciate that.
I've had a lot of interesting offers but nothing final yet. Whoever gets it will truly be getting a terrific pin, IMHO.
Can be cash or cash plus trade.

#40 9 years ago

Yep. I sure would. I've done NAVL before had mixed results. I would wrap the heck out of it.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

well worth the price for that kind of restoration.

Is that your car in that photo by the way? Is that an old Chevelle? Looks cool.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Also, have all the ramps been covered in brass? Man she is beautiful!

Yes all the ramps are covered in brass as well.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Just curious. You've got this beautiful pin with only 18 plays. Why are you selling it? Did you just acquire it? Can you give us some backstory on the pin, who the collector was, why you're looking to deal it so fast. Understand if it's for personal reasons and you don't want to discuss finances. Just wondering. This is a top 10 pin and has had a meticulous restoration. Would a trade and cash be a good idea?

I'm selling for two reasons. First, the pin is just not my style of pin. It's a spectacular pin and I typically try to buy all my pins close to CQ now because I don't know how to fix pinball machines so I figure the better the condition, the less repairs which saves me money in the long run. Second, I'm not getting out of the hobby because that's just not going to happen. It's too much fun. I am going to buy a pin of lesser value and take the difference and put it to another hobby I want to get into which is muscle cars. Another hobby I know nothing about. Lol! But it's something Id like to do with my Dad. I'm great at spending money though!

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

A man after my own heart. I'm saving up for a Hellcat. Thanks for the reply.

A Hellcat! That's killer! I just saw on TV where Jay Leno took a young veteran for a drive in a Hellcat, than he let him drive it and than gave him the keys. 700 horses right? That's insane. I want something older. Old Chevelle or Challenger or Barracuda.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The clear coat on this game looks amazing. I've got almost that much $ into mine and the playfield is no where near as nice. GLWTS!

Hey thanks! I appreciate the nice comment.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

The 2014 GT500 would be pretty close with 662hp and less than 3700lbs.

When did they start making cars with that kind of horsepower? That's insane. I remember when 400-450hp was a huge deal. I feel like I'm way behind the curve. Lol!

#58 9 years ago

Top machines I would like to trade for:
Creetch
Tron
Diner
Taxi
Road Show
Sopranos
RBION
STTNG
Or other suggestions.....
Any difference in value could be settled in cash.

#60 9 years ago

No. That game kicks my butt.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Nooooo don't go down the yellow brick road!!

I don't hate WOZ at ll. it just kicks my a**. I swear those out lanes are twice the size!

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

No it mean you cover the dirt up with black paint. HEP and McCune always paint the inside of the cabinet. Didn't you know? The black paint says a lot.

I tend to disagree. To me the black paint and tie stays for the wiring tells me the person who does the restoration is very meticulous but I'm probably wrong.... Again. I personally can't stand clutter. Drives me nuts. I like the look with it painted and the wires contained but toe each his own.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Do yourself a HUGE favor and get a CPO GT-R

What's a CPO GT-R?
Is that the copo camaro I've seen on Fast and Loud?

#80 9 years ago

I

Quoted from MinusWorlds:It really is. Thing of beauty. and I have always been anti-vette. Love the muscle stuff coming out of Detroit.
Okay back to the sexy IJ

I was just thinking the same thing. I completely forgot I was selling the IJ! Lol!
I've had a lot of different offers. Kind of close with a few people but nothing final. Cash is great, but still not opposed to a trade plus cash. Shoot me a pm!

#81 9 years ago

Bumpalump!

#82 9 years ago

C'mon Pinsiders! Make me an offer! Somebody must want to take this IJ home!

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Love how this is a car thread now Super Snake is a joke. Simply because it can't get any of the power down. Things spins and burns the tire in 3rd gear. Pointless.

This is all your fault!! Just kidding.lol!

#89 9 years ago

IJ is sold!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-ij-for-saletrade-7950-photos-illinois?tu=kklank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.