FinishedCentaur#15.jpg
FinishedCentaur#14.jpg
FinishedCentaur#13.jpg
FinishedCentaur#12.jpg
FinishedCentaur#11.jpg
FinishedCentaur#10.jpg
FinishedCentaur#9.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Up for sale is totally restored Centaur Pinball. It has a brand new clear coated CPR playfield with new everything. The new parts installed include all the targets, plastics (mirrored), posts, flipper bats, pop bumper caps, pop bumper bodies, lane guides, apron decal, rubber rings, balls, flipper buttons, flipper mechs, glass, leds through out, ect. The cabinet was completely sanded, primed, stenciled, and cleared. I also had all the metal powder coated star dust silver. Most of the playfield parts were tumbled for several days. The game has only a handful of plays on it and looks amazing. Over 100 hours were put into this restoration and thousands of dollars. Pictures don't do the machine any justice, but I have several others I can email.FinishedCentaur#1.jpgFinishedCentaur#1.jpgFinishedCentaur#2.jpgFinishedCentaur#2.jpgFinishedCentaur#3.jpgFinishedCentaur#3.jpgFinishedCentaur#4.jpgFinishedCentaur#4.jpgFinishedCentaur#5.jpgFinishedCentaur#5.jpgFinishedCentaur#6.jpgFinishedCentaur#6.jpgFinishedCentaur#7.jpgFinishedCentaur#7.jpgFinishedCentaur#8.jpgFinishedCentaur#8.jpgFinishedCentaur#9.jpgFinishedCentaur#9.jpgFinishedCentaur#10.jpgFinishedCentaur#10.jpgFinishedCentaur#11.jpgFinishedCentaur#11.jpgFinishedCentaur#12.jpgFinishedCentaur#12.jpgFinishedCentaur#13.jpgFinishedCentaur#13.jpgFinishedCentaur#14.jpgFinishedCentaur#14.jpgFinishedCentaur#15.jpgFinishedCentaur#15.jpgFinishedCentaur#16.jpgFinishedCentaur#16.jpgFinishedCentaur#17.jpgFinishedCentaur#17.jpg

#2 9 years ago

beautiful restoration, glwts

#3 9 years ago

Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

Actually that's Not a Gene Cunningham Playfield, its a CPR Playfield. IPB was the one to license CPR to make them and as such Gene was given some to sell.

#5 9 years ago

The guy I got from told me that. Thanks for the info, it looks amazing!

#6 9 years ago

wow,

That is beautiful! Too rich for my blood but a great game in pristine condition! I'd love to have a Centar in about any condition!

Chris

#7 9 years ago

Who did the restoration work? Looks like a beauty. If I didn't already own a beauty, I'd be very interested. Many collector friends are always making me offers for mine, so I'll pass along this link to help you find the right buyer.

One minor suggestion...at this price/level, you might want to include a few pictures of the inside cabinet and underneath the PF. The pictures you've taken look sweet.

#8 9 years ago

Amazing restoration. Glad I'm not closer! The wife would kill me for buying this on the heels of IMVE.

#9 9 years ago

Great looking machine. GLWS, Brett!

#10 9 years ago

Restoration? A fellow pinsider on here named Robby, Ernie Liffers (aka the pinball wizard), and myself (Brett). www.atlantapinballrepair.com

#11 9 years ago

Beautiful looking game. If I had bottomless funds there would be no question I would be giving you a call.

#12 9 years ago

FinishedCentaur#21.jpgFinishedCentaur#21.jpgFinishedCentaur#20.jpgFinishedCentaur#20.jpgFinishedCentaur#19.jpgFinishedCentaur#19.jpgFinishedCentaur#18.jpgFinishedCentaur#18.jpgFinishedCentaur#18.jpgFinishedCentaur#18.jpg

#13 9 years ago

that is just amazing, you guys really take pride in your work, it shows!

#14 9 years ago

That's the shit, right there.

If that was for sale down here it would be 8k, and I would pay it. Beautiful.

#15 9 years ago

should have done new coil wrappings or new coils having went through all that work.. But none the less my PM still is a hope of mine . Beautiful for sure

#17 9 years ago

WOW!!!

#18 9 years ago

Double WOW.

#19 9 years ago

lovely work.

#20 9 years ago

Too far and too rich for me but what a Beauty!
GLWS!!

#22 9 years ago

This has to be the nicest Centaur on the planet. I've bought several pins from Brett, and this Centaur just made me do a walk-through of my game room to assess which ones could go to make room for it.

#23 9 years ago

Ok, everybody help me. How do I get this down here?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

If that was for sale down here it would be 8k,

Yep,8k plus and sold already.

#25 9 years ago

Exactly. How is this, like, not sold already??

#26 9 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. Coil wraps? I wanted to, but didn't know where to get them without making them myself. I thought about replacing all the coils, but you have to stop somewhere. Now looking back, what was another $100 in parts going to hurt.

#27 9 years ago

Easy enough for the next guy to do.
Most guys don't even open the games up,just play them.
I just played Centaur for the first time last night and got a high score of over 7 million.

I can't believe I never played this game before,lots of multiball action going on.
Glwts,bump.

#28 9 years ago

That is as close to a brand new machine as you can get.

#29 9 years ago

Lol, I can't stop looking at these photos. The coin return button needs more tumbling.

#30 9 years ago

Yeah, I noticed that after I took the picture. I went ahead and clean that up and took a good picture of the front. FinishedCentaur#22.jpgFinishedCentaur#22.jpgFinishedCentaur#23.jpgFinishedCentaur#23.jpg

#31 9 years ago

Absolutely stunning Centaur.

Well done!

GLWS!

Marcus

#32 9 years ago

Price reduced, $5,000.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Yeah, I noticed that after I took the picture. I went ahead and clean that up and took a good picture of the front.

FinishedCentaur#22.jpg 307 KB

FinishedCentaur#23.jpg 215 KB

OMG stop it. Stop it!!!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. Coil wraps? I wanted to, but didn't know where to get them without making them myself. I thought about replacing all the coils, but you have to stop somewhere. Now looking back, what was another $100 in parts going to hurt.

Don't beat yourself up, I have a HEP restored AFM and it doesn't have all new coils. Even if a coil looks aged, it still functions the same as a new coil.

btw...you are missing a screw on the right flipper bracket assembly.

#35 9 years ago

That's a good eye, thanks! Another thing I forgot to mention before is I also put the stern metal protectors on the cabinet to prevent damage to the cabinet from the legs.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

That's a good eye, thanks! Another thing I forgot to mention before is I also put the stern metal protectors on the cabinet to prevent damage to the cabinet from the legs.

No problem...you guys have definitely put a lot of work into this and it shows!

btw...another detail that's important to buyers @ this level is what boards are installed? Original, Alltek "Ultimate" boards, or a mix. If original, have the boards been serviced as part of the restoration?

#37 9 years ago

Thanks, when I got the game it was working, so it has the boards it came with. The only thing we did was replace 1 display and rebuild the squawk and talk sound board. If someone prefers an Alltek, I can swap boards with a new one.CentaurRestoration#17.jpgCentaurRestoration#17.jpg

#38 9 years ago

Did they look this nice from the factory?

Amazing job!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-centaur-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.