Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jopinno.gif
ShoePhone-GetSmart.jpg
hairball.gif
danglingcarrot.gif
grind.gif
#1 11 years ago

Contacted the seller, but think it has to be fake or a grave mistake.

#2 11 years ago

Did you inbox fill up with spam right after you sent mail?

You have to try and they probably mean shopped not restored but still...

Best of luck I hope it is real.

#3 11 years ago

Just saw that, and a nice one at that

#4 11 years ago

I'll save you browsing over there... Sounds restored to me. Also sounds fake. Let's see, I want to screw with hard-up pinheads - post and ad from a girl with a über-desirable pin in minty condition with mods, and for a stupid low price. Yeah, I'm thinking someone is having a laugh, or Mr. Pinball screwed up on the price.

Attack From Mars, 1995 Bally, 4990
I am selling it because I have mastered the game and just purchased a CV to take its place. The new parts on my AFM include: new Mirco playfield, new head and cabinet decals, new chrome siderails and lock down bar, new display, new coils, polished and new posts. My AFM also has the Bill Ung saucer mod. It is really clean as well with newer rubbers and pinballs. The game is in like new condition with only a couple hundred plays since the rebuild.

#5 11 years ago

The way prices are these days it is probably supposed to be $14990.00

#6 11 years ago

If it is real, you can be sure that her email box is so full of people telling her it is worth 20k that the price has at least doubled by now.

#7 11 years ago

Also today was a 9k TOTAN . What a weird place, CC and TOTAN with equal asking prices, AFM for half(i know obvious fake, looks like relist from 1997 when CV was new) . MM equal asking price to BBB .

#8 11 years ago

They are on the very edge of NC ....good beach trip for someone.
Warning. There was a faded out AFM over that way a guy was trying to sell as home use not too long ago.

#9 11 years ago

Something similar to this was posted a couple weeks ago. Post a low price on CL to get a ton of interest, then end up with a bidding war. The seller may have done this on purpose.

#10 11 years ago

That's still too much in my book!! I wouldn't pay more than $4000 for a HUO

#11 11 years ago

They are on the very edge of NC ....good beach trip for someone.
Warning. There was a faded out AFM over that way a guy was trying to sell as home use not too long ago.

edit - missed quote tag from HOOKED for above . . . .

Was that the guy on Wilmington CL about 2 months ago? $9K range? I thought about checking it out but I'm not doing $9K on a pin anytime soon so I didn't waste their time. His pic looked good but didn't really show the sides.

Post edited by TopJimmyCooks : missed quote tags

#12 11 years ago

Why assume that is a bad price? In fact that seems about right, 30 percent increase from a couple of years ago, about right in line with alot of the other titles. If your paying over 5000 grand for an AFM then you overpaid unless it has a ton of high end stuff done to it Imo.

#13 11 years ago

Even if it was a real ad but when I got up the Mr. Pinball ad was already sent out 2.5 hours before and figured the seller was already bombarded with e-mails from people saying they would pay more then $4900 so figured why even bother. If it's fake then you get spammed and if it real you enter into a bidding war, so either way you are screwed.

#14 11 years ago

My B.S. detector tells me that's a fake ad.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Something similar to this was posted a couple weeks ago. Post a low price on CL to get a ton of interest, then end up with a bidding war. The seller may have done this on purpose.

No shaker?
Pass.

#16 11 years ago

You want a shaker?....just ask.

grind.gifgrind.gif

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

If your paying over 5000 grand for an AFM then you overpaid unless it has a ton of high end stuff done to it Imo.

I'm pretty sure 5,000 grand would be 5 Million bucks....so yeah, you definitely overpaid then!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You want a shaker?....just ask.

MISSILES LOCKED ON TARGET!

#19 11 years ago

danglingcarrot.gifdanglingcarrot.gif

#20 11 years ago

I got a email response. SCAM ALERT. Wants full 5900 paypal payment in 24 hours. No phone number or address given.

I wish these bastards would eat crap and die.

#21 11 years ago

Yeah!

hairball.gifhairball.gif

#22 11 years ago

Hi Chief
Found you an AFM but Ziegfried high balled me on it.
Missed it by that much.

ShoePhone-GetSmart.jpgShoePhone-GetSmart.jpg

#23 11 years ago

I also received a reply from the seller saying the machine was mine. I asked for someone to call me and husband said he was at work and to tell the "wife what I wanted" I asked for pictures. I received pics of a AFM with a restored playfield. Then I was asked If I had sent in the money yet. (paypal) So then I asked for pics of the cabinet from a few different angles. I just received them. They are of a machine with new decals. Looks good. Duh now what. What so you all think?

Thanx, Bruce

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

I also received a reply from the seller saying the machine was mine. I asked for someone to call me and husband said he was at work and to tell the "wife what I wanted" I asked for pictures. I received pics of a AFM with a restored playfield. Then I was asked If I had sent in the money yet. (paypal) So then I asked for pics of the cabinet from a few different angles. I just received them. They are of a machine with new decals. Looks good. Duh now what. What so you all think?
Thanx, Bruce

Did you ever shoot craps??? I think you have a better chance of winning there.

#25 11 years ago

No, but it looks fun...

#26 11 years ago

This is simple stuff. Look at e-mail address Your received e-mail from and paypal they want You to send to...Do they match?

Do a Google search on paypal account and see if You're comfortable. Most likely You won't be.

#27 11 years ago

Remember , if it sounds too good to be true..........

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#28 11 years ago

Send an email back and say you will bring cash with you rather than paypal and you could be there tonight. See what happens otherwise pass.

#29 11 years ago

Aren't you protected with PayPal. Also, after a certain amount of $ don't they put it in escrow until the machine is received?

#30 11 years ago

He said I could have it! What a minute.... No they dont match.
Quote:
I will let you have it for $5900

Below is paypal acct id for you to send the payment:

[email protected]

Send the payment at once and let me know.

Machines go fast here and I'm being inundated with so many requests for the AFM, but I have a good feeling about you and I have decided you should have it.
I advise you do it immediately and let me know.

I will give you till the end of tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jessica

#31 11 years ago

Yeah, She has a good feeling about you, that is why she is passing on the other email offers of 7+.
Better pull the trigger fast before s/he loses that good feeling.

#32 11 years ago

hah!

jopinno.gifjopinno.gif

#33 11 years ago

You should flip this around and play it out, like those 419eater guys do.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Remember , if it sounds too good to be true..........
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

Normally I would agree John. But my recent HUO Centaur find in Michigan makes me believe that dreams come true.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy guy.

Brian

#35 11 years ago

But the Centaur wasn't listed at half the price it should have been either. I think Steve was right on with the price.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

But the Centaur wasn't listed at half the price it should have been either. I think Steve was right on with the price.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

If he told me it was HUO I would've paid much more. Can't say anyone else would. But to me it was my grail pin. No other pin will be as valueable to me personally. How many of these, unrestored/HUO, 31 years with low plays could there possibly be?

4 weeks later
#37 11 years ago

I got an AFM for $4500 today and its ok. Clean and fully functional just needs some playfield love

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I got an AFM for $4500 today and its ok. Clean and fully functional just needs some playfield love

That's what the price SHOULD be. Sad that an AFM under $5k is more of a lie/urban legend than it being legit....

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

The way prices are these days it is probably supposed to be $14990.00

I just posted mine for 11k on Mr. Pinball ad should post tomorrow.

Pics here.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-attack-from-mars#post-356412

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 21.50
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-afm-on-mr-pinball-for-4990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.