IMG_1638.JPG
IMG_1636.JPG
image.jpg
Taxi 176.jpg
Taxi 175.jpg
P7100080.JPG
scan0010 - Copy.jpg
201411-TX-right-ramp.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider q-dog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

I'm planning to join this party in the near future as my playfield is on its way. It will be my first swap and restoration as well. I'm looking forward to it.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The topper is filthy. Dead bugs inside.

At least your topper has the dome light PCB. Mine was missing completely so I made one (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-taxi-topper-dome-lights). Not as nice as a PCB, but you can't tell from the outside when the back glass is on.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You are going to have to pull those connectors to remove the pf.

I bought some self-laminating cable labels to label everything before I pull it. These labels can be printed on the laser printer and give a very nice finished look and make it real easy to get all connectors back in their proper places. I got tired of using a pen on masking tape when removing the back box and wanted something that would look much nicer. Here is a link to where I purchased them in a few different sizes: http://www.cableorganizer.com/ziptape/print-on-label-sheets.html

3 weeks later
#60 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

That is true for mine.

Mine as well. Not a very close match between the head and lower cabinet.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

If you sand down your current cabinet, and head, then fill the missing wood areas with bondo, or proper wood filler, then sand smooth, you could get the full decal set

This is the route I will be taking. I agree it's a bit intimidating as I've never done it before, but I think it will be worth the effort and I'm happy to learn on-the-job, especially with all the great resources and advice available here. I just received my decals I ordered from Planetary Pinball. I have pretty much everything I need, I just have to get started.

3 weeks later
#85 10 years ago

You can get a new one from Mantis Amusements (http://www.mantisamusements.com/bracketsupport.htm). This is where I'll be ordering mine for my Taxi restoration.

1 week later
#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

this is the world's slowest restore

From the looks of it, you and I might finish our Taxi restores about the same time (my first restore as well). I made great progress a few weeks ago to get everything apart, but not much has happened since then. I have one side of the back box sanded to start my cabinet restore and got stuck trying to take of the side rails as well. It seems like I've only been able to find an hour or two per week to devote to the project at the moment. Currently, my biggest delay is WOZ arrived two weeks ago and any spare pinball time seems to be sucked up playing it. At least there is some pinball time each week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider q-dog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restore-time-taxi?tu=q-dog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.