(Topic ID: 196479)

Restoration seminar at the Cleveland Pinball Show.

By Skypilot

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by twisty4678
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skypilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

The promoters at the Cleveland show have asked me to do a seminar on restorations for the past two years. This year I have agreed to host one. I have asked Andrew from Canfield Pinball to join me(Canfield Pinball has been clear-coating playfields for years and is one of the best out there) and he has decided to join in. Originally I had planned to apply cabinet art in front of everyone but unfortunately I will not have time to get my cabinets prepped. With Andrew along we will be discussing clear-coating, application of Hardtops and types of plating. We will be more than happy to accommodate any questions/wishes in this seminar. Does anyone have any specifics they wish to have covered? We are looking for suggestions, What can we cover that will help you in your restoration projects?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I've got a space shuttle I can loan you for hardtop demonstrations.

At least you didn't ask if we could restore your Breakshot.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I have a hole in the bottom of my Raven cabinet from my pinball cart that happened at last year's Cleveland Show. What's the best way to repair it? Replace the whole bottom? Tools and materials needed, etc.

That can be addressed.

Quoted from Piratedan200:

I would love to see some info on paint touchups for minor playfield wear (matching colors, types of paint to use, etc) as well as the clearcoating!

Andrew is very knowledgeable in this area

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I vote you bring Majestic and restore it there!

Yah, OK, I haven't even got that thing out of my trailer yet. Still trying to figure out where to store it.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe add one or two additional restoration guys and make it a discussion panel?

There will probably be other great resto guys there like Mr Weir. I would expect them to join in and add to the presentation.The request to do this seminar was to give people a general understanding of whats involved in restoring games.Based off of past seminars at the Cleveland show there are a lot of entry level people still joining this hobby. I'm anticipating a lot of basic questions.We will see where it goes from there.

#10 6 years ago

Andy will be bringing another Bally Wizard . We will be installing a Hardtop at the seminar.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

Be nice if you would make video for those of us who can't be there.

We will try to accomidate that request. FYI we have several you-tube videos out on Hardtop installation.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skypilot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoration-seminar-at-the-cleveland-pinball-show?tu=skypilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.