(Topic ID: 196479)

Restoration seminar at the Cleveland Pinball Show.

By Skypilot

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by twisty4678
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

The promoters at the Cleveland show have asked me to do a seminar on restorations for the past two years. This year I have agreed to host one. I have asked Andrew from Canfield Pinball to join me(Canfield Pinball has been clear-coating playfields for years and is one of the best out there) and he has decided to join in. Originally I had planned to apply cabinet art in front of everyone but unfortunately I will not have time to get my cabinets prepped. With Andrew along we will be discussing clear-coating, application of Hardtops and types of plating. We will be more than happy to accommodate any questions/wishes in this seminar. Does anyone have any specifics they wish to have covered? We are looking for suggestions, What can we cover that will help you in your restoration projects?

#2 1 year ago

I've got a space shuttle I can loan you for hardtop demonstrations.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

I've got a space shuttle I can loan you for hardtop demonstrations.

At least you didn't ask if we could restore your Breakshot.

#4 1 year ago

I have a hole in the bottom of my Raven cabinet from my pinball cart that happened at last year's Cleveland Show. What's the best way to repair it? Replace the whole bottom? Tools and materials needed, etc.

#5 1 year ago

I would love to see some info on paint touchups for minor playfield wear (matching colors, types of paint to use, etc) as well as the clearcoating!

#6 1 year ago

I could bring my Skateball and you can demonstrate how to do a playfield swap. Your seminar is about 85 hours long, right??

#7 1 year ago

Maybe add one or two additional restoration guys and make it a discussion panel?

#8 1 year ago

I vote you bring Majestic and restore it there!

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I have a hole in the bottom of my Raven cabinet from my pinball cart that happened at last year's Cleveland Show. What's the best way to repair it? Replace the whole bottom? Tools and materials needed, etc.

That can be addressed.

Quoted from Piratedan200:

I would love to see some info on paint touchups for minor playfield wear (matching colors, types of paint to use, etc) as well as the clearcoating!

Andrew is very knowledgeable in this area

Quoted from WeirPinball:

I vote you bring Majestic and restore it there!

Yah, OK, I haven't even got that thing out of my trailer yet. Still trying to figure out where to store it.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe add one or two additional restoration guys and make it a discussion panel?

There will probably be other great resto guys there like Mr Weir. I would expect them to join in and add to the presentation.The request to do this seminar was to give people a general understanding of whats involved in restoring games.Based off of past seminars at the Cleveland show there are a lot of entry level people still joining this hobby. I'm anticipating a lot of basic questions.We will see where it goes from there.

#10 1 year ago

Andy will be bringing another Bally Wizard . We will be installing a Hardtop at the seminar.

#11 1 year ago

Be nice if you would make video for those of us who can't be there.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from bam10:

Be nice if you would make video for those of us who can't be there.

We will try to accomidate that request. FYI we have several you-tube videos out on Hardtop installation.

#13 1 year ago

Just to confirm, this is the 2pm "Shopping a Game 101" seminar on Saturday, right?

#14 1 year ago

Looking forward to this seminar. Andy has clear coated 4 playfields of mine. Outstanding work.

Mark Salas
    CARGPB 30

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Piratedan200:

Just to confirm, this is the 2pm "Shopping a Game 101" seminar on Saturday, right?

No Keith, and Andy are Friday at 4pm

#16 1 year ago

Very cool, skypilot. I've enjoyed your restore threads. Wish I could make it!

#17 1 year ago

Specific tips and techniques would be cool, however even a basic overview of how you plan and organize a restore would be helpful. what to tackle first, how you keep track of everything, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 90.00
    Playfields
    PinBall Reborn
    $ 109.99
    $ 12.99
    $ 28.95
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballBulbs
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 90.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.95
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside