Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RonB
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4124.JPG
    IMG_4125.JPG
    IMG_4184.JPG
    IMG_4147.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Hi Guys

wanted to share it with you, got them for 350euro each was an old theme park closed many years ago pins where sitting in a temporary store with no glass on them full of water and humid, all of them are playable. they have another 10 but have no space

fortunately all boards are good and amazingly no battery leaks, , after some cleaning they look like new here are some photos

Pins are STTNG, Dr Who, Judge dredd and white water,

at the moment i am restoring STTNG

IMG_4071.JPGIMG_4071.JPG IMG_4072.JPGIMG_4072.JPG IMG_4147.JPGIMG_4147.JPG IMG_4184.JPGIMG_4184.JPG IMG_4125.JPGIMG_4125.JPG IMG_4124.JPGIMG_4124.JPG
    #2 10 years ago

Wow!! Did they have any of the glass to give to you? Looks like very rewarding projects. Thanks for the pics!
    --
    Jeremy Agema
    Central WI

#3 10 years ago

Thanks Jeremy

No they dint but i cant measure and cut from a local glass shop a plexi glass.
    #
    Thinking again how can someone abandon such a collectable pins,

I wasn't into pinblals but after they offered me this price i wanted to get involved, and i am readying and readying to know as much as possible , to start solving some minor problems they have.

Sadly the other 10 pcs are there same condition as i got them but hope someone can buy them

#4 10 years ago

Dear Lord! What a find!!! You better go back and get the others while you can. I'm sure the rest of pinside would love to salivate all over a list of the machines you left behind. Congrats on the amazing score!

#5 10 years ago

nice find, what was the other titles?

#6 10 years ago

you're about to get a frenzy of PM's, brace yourself

Edit to add: get tempered glass cut for the games, plexiglass isn't a viable substitution.

#7 10 years ago

Got to see side by side before and after pf pictures. What a find.

#8 10 years ago

Guys

The photos i post are when just got them Drwho and STTNG where just under a roof hole that was pooring rain on them. Amazingly after so many years the playfield just polished out well only many rusted metal nuts and ramp ends,
    I might disapoint you because i am located in Europe (Cyprrus) if someone can get the rest. Here not many ppl apreciate pins so i guess hence their still there."Exucse my bad english",

at the begining when i saw all that pins i coult not descide what to get, just got what catched my eye.
    WHat i saw there was many nice ones, some i can remember

Road trip
    adams family
    Black rose
    Street fighter
    jurasic park
    attack from mars, looked a bit strange pin
    Elvira
    e.t.c

when i knew the real prices i was supprised that the guy told me 350 each becuase he told me you get them as parts i dont know if they work, when i saw the boards and they where clean i guessed everything else can be easy to fix.

when i got them home i was tempered to check them suprisinly they where working!!!

I will post some photos of STTNG finishing soon before and after.

PS i got all them back glass in excellend condition, just dint get the playfield glass.

I guess similar finds in US can disapear in a second, here in Cyprus we are just 750,000 inhabitans, so you can imagine how lucky i am

#9 10 years ago

WHAAAAAAAAT?

$350 each!!! what? go grab them now!!!!

#10 10 years ago

Go back and get them all if you can arrange the funds/storage. You probably won't regret it....

Without a doubt go get the Attack From Mars, Addam's Fam & Elvira.

#11 10 years ago

If the etc. includes a Safecracker go ahead and get it too.... You lucky s.o.b

#12 10 years ago

Why would they take the glass off?

I have a vision of someone with 10 sheets of pinball glass being used for cold frames in a garden or perhaps some very odd sized shed windows.

#13 10 years ago

At $467 dollars each, seriously go back and get them all.

Attack from mars is $7000, Adams is $4000 and Elvira is $3000, but all of them are worth finding someplace to store them.

Order real TEMPERED glass for all the games, plexi will sag downward after a few months - a total waste of money.

Get some new balls, don't let the old ones grind down your playfields.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

#14 10 years ago

guys ill be going back for the rest next weekend , YOU HAVE CONVICED ME!!! (have to check my account)

, regarding plexi glass I made mistake I meant tempered glass (Feel so supid, who will ever do that)

as for the glass been used as shed windows probably yes, the guy also told me Pinballs never got them money so they don't care even ditching them anyway, so I ll be getting there to clean up his durty storage.

Will get you guys some more info and photos on this.

thank you all for convincing me

#15 10 years ago

If you get the rest of them you might be able to get a better deal too. Don't forget to ask!!

Your English is just fine, we understand you.

#16 10 years ago

holy FFFF. $350 each? Why cant i run into a honey hole like that.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

holy FFFF. $350 each? Why cant i run into a honey hole like that.

350€ , so really $467 in USD.

But yes, run me into a honey hole !

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from demetris74:

regarding plexi glass I made mistake I meant tempered glass (Feel so supid, who will ever do that)

I've seen people use Plexi.

On the Hercules pin, it came with Plexi from the factory.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Attack from Mars is $7000,

I'm willing to bet that what he saw was actually Revenge from Mars since he said the machine looked strange...

Quoted from demetris74:

Attack from Mars, looked a bit strange pin

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from yotaxi125:

I'm willing to bet that what he saw was actually Revenge From Mars since he said the machine looked strange...

You could very well be right!

I'd still take 10 RFM @ $470.....lol.

#21 10 years ago

yes that was Revenge from mars but with out glass, and i guess thats a tinted one for the monitor reflection? will that be easy to find?

#22 10 years ago

The glass is out there for RFM.

at $470...well, I think you know you should get it!

Chris

#23 10 years ago

Great find! Get 'em all! Save them! Ship them to me!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restoration-of-my-4-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.